What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans whinging in the media again...This time attacking Lockyer

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I accept the fact that my team sucks, it was me who put big on the Cowboys at halftime last week...my team always has a way of fking things up, I may as well get paid well for it.

My point still stands though, Brisbane is sh*t. I mean Riverfire is the biggest event you guys have got, wtf is Riverfire. A bunch of freakin fireworks, whoopdy-fkn-doo.

Yet your last few posts in this thread is apparently the best you have? Go figure.

_Johnsy

Referee
I can't understand it either. I mean they degrade clubs they cannot stand yet fail to realize at one time or another their own club who they support would have had problems too. It's so damn hypocritical.

Whistle

If you have been reading these forums for a while now, as you say you have.

You would know I don't hate the Titans, I just despise the way they handled the SIMPSON/ZILLMAN biting incient. The club acted in a disgusting way, & am yet to see one Titan fan state as much. IMO that is a sad, sad state. ZILLMAN bit him, everyone saw it, yet the club labels SIMPSON a whinger and liar via media reports, pissweak in the extreme. They then resorted to lying about a squirell grip in an attempt to influence the judiciary before the matter is heard. They did the same with thing with WEYMAN?CONN incident in 2008.

Not a good look for a new club.

DeeJ

Bench
i never really understand why people bother hating on other clubs so much? it makes no sense to me. i mean obviously you're gonna like some clubs more than others, but why make a big deal out of it? waste of energy.

Hating other teams and players just adds to the fun of the game. I personally can't wait to unleash a verbal barrage on that little punce, Jamie Soward this Saturday night!

Fein

First Grade
Hating other teams and players just adds to the fun of the game. I personally can't wait to unleash a verbal barrage on that little punce, Jamie Soward this Saturday night!

That's the spirit. :lol:

Some people just have more passion than others, I suppose.

Kiki

First Grade
just have alot of hate inside them. i guess it's better to get it out that way than to go on a shooting rampage or something. glass half full!

redvscotty

First Grade
I accept the fact that my team sucks, it was me who put big on the Cowboys at halftime last week...my team always has a way of fking things up, I may as well get paid well for it.

My point still stands though, Brisbane is sh*t. I mean Riverfire is the biggest event you guys have got, wtf is Riverfire. A bunch of freakin fireworks, whoopdy-fkn-doo.

What about the Ekka?

Brisbane is much better than the Gold Coast. Well the north end of the GC anyway.

Eelectrica

Referee
There are numerous reasons why the titans are a club to hate:

*theyre fans are made up of either turncoat fans of other clubs (mostly broncos) or people who know f**k all about the game and go for the titans because its the "Very GC" thing to do.

*all that sh*t mentioned before about that "temple of boom" crap they did when they first moved to skilled.

*two words: Paul Gale
If Gold Coasters don't get behind this team, they'll disappear like the rest. A team dies without support. The 'Turncoat' fans know this. Sometimes doing the right thing goes against what you really want.

I don't know one Titans fan who likes that Temple of Boom crap some dopey bugger came up with.

The only thing i know about paul Gale is he tries to rev the crowd up before the game and at half time. Beyone wouldn't know or care what he does for a living.

Eelectrica

Referee
The titans try to divert attention away from their shortcomings, try to influence the outcome of a judiciary process before it is heard, the club and it's supporters are whingers.

I am yet to see one Titan fan publicly admonish zillman for his disgusting actions, or say the club handled it poorly.

They showed the replay of that incident again last night, and I'm still convinced Zillman didn't bite. The nano second he realised his mouth had come in contact he jerked his head away to avoid biting. Why that is so hard to understand or see I'll never know.

It's freakin' obvious what happened and what didn't happen :crazy:

They showed the replay of that incident again last night, and I'm still convinced Zillman didn't bite. The nano second he realised his mouth had come in contact he jerked his head away to avoid biting. Why that is so hard to understand or see I'll never know.

It's freakin' obvious what happened and what didn't happen :crazy:

the nano second you refer to is after he puts pressure on Simpson's arm then lifts his head then appears to say ' Oh F*ck '.

words of a guilty man.

skeepe

Immortal
Hey look, another journalist who uses forums to find his stories. Hi AAP, thanks for reading.

No apologies from outspoken Titans

Gold Coast boss Michael Searle has made no apologies for the Titans' outspoken approach, dismissing critics who have branded them "whingers" in the fallout of their dramatic NRL qualifying final loss.

Website forums have sunk the boot into the Titans after Gold Coast coach John Cartwright slammed the refereeing following their 40-32 weekend defeat to the Broncos at Skilled Park.

Titans centre Chris Walker also came under fire for insinuating that Broncos and Australian captain Darren Lockyer took a dive to milk a penalty in the second half.

But Searle has taken the criticism with a grain of salt.

"It's Tuesday and the game is still being talked about, it clearly shows what a magnificent event it was," he told AAP.

"Whilst we do not govern by popular opinion, we listen to our fans, and all our fan forums are firmly in our favour."

Searle also strongly defended Cartwright.

While the Titans mentor blasted the referees in the post-match press conference, he was fined by the NRL on Monday for approaching match officials at half-time.

Cartwright has already issued a public apology and revealed he will pay the fine out of his own pocket.

"I expect him to be a passionate coach, I don't want him not commenting at post match press conferences," Searle said.

"If people can't cope with that, then too bad.

"I would rather my coach have an opinion.

"That's what our club is always about.

"We are not concerned about media spin or populous decision making, we just say it how it is - isn't that refreshing?

"Maybe the media should be thanking John Cartwright rather then criticising him.

"Maybe the Brisbane media aren't used to coaches having an opinion.

"When we stop coaches having an opinion, it will be a very sad day for fans and for the news outlets."

Searle said he had higher priorities than sweating on critics' views on other teams' fan forums.

"This is all great stuff for our return bout (with the Broncos) next year but we are more concerned about beating Parramatta," he said.

When reminded that the Gold Coast are still on track to meet Brisbane again in the NRL grand final, Searle laughed: "Maybe that's what the Brisbane media should be talking about - moving the grand final to Queensland (rather) than bagging a coach for offering his opinion."

Meanwhile, Cartwright had a dig at the critics when he assessed the looming forward battle against Parramatta.

The Gold Coast forward pack came under fire ahead of the Broncos showdown, with ex-Brisbane hardman Gorden Tallis claiming they were too small to make a finals impact.

"Most games are won in the forwards and this game will be no different," Cartwright said on Tuesday.

"I thought we more than matched the Broncos.

"They had a lot more ball than us, we ended up missing a lot more tackles than they did.

"To do that against a side of that quality, I think our forwards answered their critics pretty well on the weekend."

Cartwright also kept Parramatta guessing over his final line-up.

William Zillman - back from a four-match ban for biting - was named on an extended bench with Preston Campbell at fullback and injury concern Mat Rogers (concussion) at pivot.

However, Cartwright refused to rule out slotting Zillman into fullback, Campbell into five-eighth and Rogers into the centres.

"We will train with all options then wake up Friday morning then make up our minds," he said.

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/breakin...gies-from-outspoken-titans-20090915-fper.html

Broncodr01d

Juniors
F### Michael Searle the tool - get your Broncos best and walk down the main street of Brisbane as per the pre-game bet with Cullen.

"Maybe the Brisbane media aren't used to coaches having an opinion.

Hmm - high schoolesque type of retort. Henjak has been as approachable as any NRL coach this season, even when times where at the leanest. Cartwright could take a leaf from his book when dealing with his own team's misfortunes. If he is referring to Bennett, soooo last year.

The wannabe Brisbane Broncos or Melbourne Storm are amatuers off the field as proven by the coach and sometimes on the money CEO.

Eelectrica

Referee
From that footage, I doubt that 'hit' would have knocked over coin standing on its side, but at the same time it was a silly play from Walker.