What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans whinging in the media again...This time attacking Lockyer

Greenbits

Juniors
I wanted so much to like the Titans, I really did. Exciting players, fast free flowing footy, professional outfit and a pretty outfit to boot.

But the longer they exist, the more I begin to hate them. Seriously, they got a free ride into a Top 4 spot after being gifted several games in the first half of the season on the back of some appalling refereeing decisions in their favour. Yet, on the two occasions the rub of the green has gone against them they have tried to crucify the referees by media.
How many juniors do the Raiders have in their team?

Mate, I love your passion for supporting your team while under fire, but seriously, asking that question about the Raiders? Our juniors are all we've got!

skeepe

Immortal

Raiders players in the top 25 who were juniors for Canberra District Junior Rugby League clubs:
Michael Brophy
Terry Campese
Jarrod Croker
Josh Dugan
Stuart Flanagan (via Wests Tigers admittedly, but still)
Marc Herbert
Joel Monaghan
Joe Picker
Troy Thompson
Trevor Thurling

Other players from country areas nearby that, going by your Lismore logic, could be considered Canberra territory (for fairness, I'll limit them to players who have made their debuts for Canberra):

Glenn Buttriss - Cootamundra
Justin Carney - Nyngan
Josh McCrone - Temora
Josh Miller - Forbes
David Milne - Griffith
Joel Thompson - Forbes

Any more stupid questions?

skeepe

Immortal
Whoops. Right you are. Ignore that one.

Forbes is probably pretty borderline too, tbh. But if the Gold Coast are claiming Coffs Harbour and Lismore....

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Coffs Harbour is as near Newcastle as it is the Gold Coast.

I remember Laffranchi going down clutching his throat to a phantom elbow against the Raiders. An elbow the judiciary found TLL had no case to answer for. Interesting.

The Titans put alot of time, money and effort into developing juniors from Beenleigh all the way down to Grafton. They run competitions, clinics and other programs in this area.
Mead is a Titan jr.
Laffranchi, O'Dwyer, Shannon Walker, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawnton are all Titans juniors who have played at NRL level, there are probably more too.
Of course they had to buy players from elsewhere, do you think they were just going to throw players from the local A grade comp in?
Had SuperLeague not got them kicked out they also would have had first dibbs on players like Mick Gordon, Kevin Kingston, Luke Covell and Darius Boyd, there is probably more who could be added to that list also.

How can places in NSW be part of a QLD clubs catchment area?

As for the Raiders juniors - the vast majority of the entire club is from our catchment area, and it's been that way since the 80s.

Coaster

Bench
Haha you Canberra supporters are off the hook, must have something to do with the cold air, or following a team in snot green jerseys.

I used to like the Raiders, was hard not to, considering the team was choc full of Queenslanders, but i must say, i never knew how mentally geniused you lot are. I guess you have to be, to live in sub zero temperatures.

haha very funny stuff!!

Anyway its a glorious day up here today, not a cloud in the sky, time for a quick surf, then head over to see the boys fly out for the big game, maybe a hit of golf this arvo, what have you got planned? Hahaha

^Damn straight we're off the hook. We're off the hinges, off the chain, all that sh*t.

People who brag about the weather where they live are pussies btw. Being from a nice cold area makes you tough. It builds character. I'm proud to say I'm from the freezing cold city of Wellington, which is much like Canberra.

My plan for the day - Work here at my job, and visit the forums in my downtime/breaks to voice my opinions.

You must be a beach bum. Go build a sand castle.

redvscotty

First Grade
Haha you Canberra supporters are off the hook, must have something to do with the cold air, or following a team in snot green jerseys.

I used to like the Raiders, was hard not to, considering the team was choc full of Queenslanders, but i must say, i never knew how mentally geniused you lot are. I guess you have to be, to live in sub zero temperatures.

haha very funny stuff!!

Anyway its a glorious day up here today, not a cloud in the sky, time for a quick surf, then head over to see the boys fly out for the big game, maybe a hit of golf this arvo, what have you got planned? Hahaha

Haha typical 'look at me' type Gold Coaster. Thank f**k I moved out of Queenslands Kings Cross.

Eelectrica

Referee

As for the Raiders juniors - the vast majority of the entire club is from our catchment area, and it's been that way since the 80s.

Why the hell not? The NSW border is only around 30k's south of Robina.
Actually 25.5 k's according to google maps.
Guess most of you would prefer the catchment area to be a 5 metre radius of the stadium.
As for my day, I've got work planned too.

no name

Coach

Well how can players from NSW be a part of an ACT clubs catchment area?
Lismore is closer to Gold Coast than Goulburn is to Canberra.
Mead is a Titan junior

Eelectrica

Referee
Since you're all so interested in knowing about the Titans juniors here's their list of feeder clubs. And yes, shock horror some of them are even in NSW. :shock: Got a problem with that? Solve it.

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=feeder-clubs
Feeder Clubs

Tweed Heads Seagulls
2009 Wizard Queensland Cup
Schedule TBA
Click here to be re-directed to the Seagulls website
Ipswich Jets
2009 Wizard Queensland Cup
Schedule TBA
Click here to be re-directed to the Ipswich Jets' website
OTHER COMPETITIONS
Wizard Queensland Cup
SOUTHERN DIVISION
Seniors
Gold Coast Rugby League
This is the senior rugby league body on the Gold Coast. The Gold Coast Rugby League covers the same region as its junior counter parts and officiates over a 1ST Grade ,2nd grade and under 19 colts. The Gold Coast District consists of ten clubs.
Ipswich Rugby League
This is the senior rugby league body in the Ipswich region and covers the same area as the junior body. Ipswich Senior Rugby League consists of ten clubs.
Juniors
Gold Coast District Junior League
Click here to be redirected to the Gold Coast District Junior League site
Gold Coast District Junior League takes up from the New South Wales and Queensland Border in the south up to Ormeau in the north and west to Beaudesert and Jimboomba. Gold Coast District Junior League consists of a healthy fourteen clubs.
Ipswich Junior Rugby League
Ipswich Junior League not only covers the city of Ipswich but encompasses the beautiful Brisbane and Lockyer valleys. Ipswich Junior Rugby League consists of fourteen junior league clubs.
NORTHERN RIVERS
Seniors
Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League
The Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League is the governing body for senior rugby league within the northern rivers region of New South Wales this body is in control of the under 18,s reserve grade and 1st grade competitions from the New South Wales and Queensland Border in the North down to Grafton in the South.
Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League contains Thirteen Senior clubs.
Juniors
Tweed Byron Group 18 Junior League
The Tweed Byron Group 18 Junior Rugby League is the most Northern Junior League group under the administration of the New South Wales Country Rugby League.
Tweed Byron Group 18 Junior Rugby League consists of eight clubs from the Queensland and New South Wales border in the North down to Mullumbimby in the South.
Group One Junior Rugby League
Group One Junior Rugby League takes up from where Tweed Byron Group 18 Junior League stops and consists of clubs from the most easterly point in Australia Bryon Bay through to the Jacaranda City of Grafton. Group One Junior League consists of eleven Junior Clubs.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Raiders fans claiming the Titans only buy players is pretty ironic.

How do you think Meninga, Belcher and the Walters brothers ended up at Canberra all those years ago.

Short memories.

Greenbits

Juniors
I've got know problem with the Titans junior development. They identified Mead as a talent while a junior, put the hard yards into developing him and are now reaping the rewards. Good for them, thats exactly what they should be doing. Not like they let some other club do all that and then pinch him as soon as he was established in first grade *cough* Zillman *cough*.

But seriously, by a lot of you guys reckoning, none of the country boys running around in the NRL wouldn't be juniors of any club because there is no NRL team in Dubbo etc. You put the time, effort and money into indentifying and developing a junior, he is your junior IMHO.

Coaster, anyone who compiles such a p*iss weak attempt at degrading Canberra 1) is obviously a moron and 2) obviously never lived there. I know many, many, many people who have been sent to Canberra for work purposes, dreaded it and after 12 months loved it and have never left. It offers a unique lifestyle of big country town with city benefits. Close to the snow and the coast. And to be honest, the winter isn't that cold, and the summer is no where near as sticky and disgusting as SEQ. However, I acknowledge that it is not everyones cup of tea. Some people prefer the wall to wall boganfest that is the Gold Coast.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He just gets sad when he is reminded of Laffranchi taking that massive dive against the Raiders. Lets look at the facts. TLL elbow did not touch Laffranchi, Laffranchi went down clutching his throat, the match review committee found TLL had no case to answer.

hmmm interesting.

no name

Coach
Raiders players in the top 25 who were juniors for Canberra District Junior Rugby League clubs:
Michael Brophy
Terry Campese
Jarrod Croker
Josh Dugan
Stuart Flanagan (via Wests Tigers admittedly, but still)
Marc Herbert
Joel Monaghan
Joe Picker
Troy Thompson
Trevor Thurling

Other players from country areas nearby that, going by your Lismore logic, could be considered Canberra territory (for fairness, I'll limit them to players who have made their debuts for Canberra):

Glenn Buttriss - Cootamundra
Justin Carney - Nyngan
Josh McCrone - Temora
Josh Miller - Forbes
David Milne - Griffith
Joel Thompson - Forbes

Any more stupid questions?
You do know where Lismore is in relation to the Gold Coast?
Any more stupid statements?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nyngan was a bit cheeky and Griffith is pushing the friendship but Cootamundra. Temora and Forbes are certainly around the same distance from Canberra as Lismore is from the Gold Coast (around 200kms)

no name

Coach
Nyngan was a bit cheeky and Griffith is pushing the friendship but Cootamundra. Temora and Forbes are certainly around the same distance from Canberra as Lismore is from the Gold Coast (around 200kms)
Wrong
That will get you to Lismore and back

Latest posts