What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans whinging in the media again...This time attacking Lockyer

Loudstrat

Coach
Hmmm. Titans bashing. Congratulations Gold Coast - you have arrived.

12 months ago Melbourne had the whinge of the century because a judiciary dared to suspend Cam Smith for ripping Thaiday's head off. Bronco fans missed it, because they were all crucifying Ashton Simms for dropping the ball in the biggest hit known to man.

I recall Heather knocking on in close range in that game, but golden boy, whose defence training for that game occurred during a pub crawl, escaped criticism.

Poor old Coast. Maybe Brisbane will demand you have another 5 years without playing!

I come back and there's 7 pages and an article. LOL awesome.

:lol: I love it how Canberra supporters hate the Titans. Does this all stem back to the Weyman incident?

Never the less, I wouldn't say Lockyer dived, I mean on the replay shown in the other thread it does appear he wacks his head pretty hard and he's blind-sided. Possibly milked but no where near as suspicious as BK's or Hayne's at Origin level.

Walker just can't help himself. He was a thug out there on Saturday. Or...a cat-ish thug. A cathug?

Mead did look a little suspect, but he is a tiny winger. I'll give him the BotD.

R69 & Skeepe pretty much covered it. But i'll add one more thing to the list. When they entered the comp their junior base was talked up as being great, but I haven't really seen too many Titans juniors running around in first grade. They're a manufactured club. I thought Kevin Gordon & David Mead were actually 2 of theirs...but no, Gordon's from Coffs Harbour and Mead is from Lismore. I'm pretty sure they signed at least one player from every other club for their opening season. They'll always be the scavenging Seagulls to me.

Kiki said:
Pete i think they hate them because they 'stole' willy zilly.
Haha they're welcome to our trash. Maybe they can take Brett Kelly off our hands. They could teach him how to bite too.

no name

Coach

R69 & Skeepe pretty much covered it. But i'll add one more thing to the list. When they entered the comp their junior base was talked up as being great, but I haven't really seen too many Titans juniors running around in first grade. They're a manufactured club. I thought Kevin Gordon & David Mead were actually 2 of theirs...but no, Gordon's from Coffs Harbour and Mead is from Lismore. I'm pretty sure they signed at least one player from every other club for their opening season. They'll always be the scavenging Seagulls to me.

Haha they're welcome to our trash. Maybe they can take Brett Kelly off our hands. They could teach him how to bite too.
You obviously have no idea.

Eelectrica

Referee

Not too far from the GC tbh. You obviously have no idea about the geography of the region, but that's ok.

I'm pretty sure they signed at least one player from every other club for their opening season

Oh the horror!!:shock: A new club signing players from other clubs. Where will the insanity end. :crazy:
News flash for ya every club signs players from other clubs. Nothing new, been happening for years. I'm pretty sure the Raiders do it too.

Not too far from the GC tbh. You obviously have no idea about the geography of the region, but that's ok.

Oh the horror!!:shock: A new club signing players from other clubs. Where will the insanity end. :crazy:
News flash for ya every club signs players from other clubs. Nothing new, been happening for years. I'm pretty sure the Raiders do it too.

I know enough to know one place is in QLD and the other is in NSW. Close to the border or not, he can't be referred to as a Titans local jr.

Your comment regarding their pillaging: You completely missed the point dude. They took one or two players from every club in the league for their opening season, and didn't use many (if any) locals at all. That weakens the NRL players pool. And they're still poaching away. They will always be the Seagulls.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
You'd hope so, but knowing your selectors, a man with a funny hair cut and a neat marketing campaign will get the spot before him.

Hanscholo

Bench
The diving and staying down over nothing incidents from teh bulldogs on saturday night was vastly worse, not a signle word from the knights over it either. The GC do whinge a lot.

skeepe

Immortal
The diving and staying down over nothing incidents from teh bulldogs on saturday night was vastly worse, not a signle word from the knights over it either. The GC do whinge a lot.

:lol:

Idris chomped on a blood capsule did he?

_Johnsy

Referee
Can someone help me, i got an email from the tiatns asking who's family album this came out of. Searle's or Carty's

waronwhinning_rdax_65.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
Almost ripped off, only a sharkie fan could come up with that, only a sharks fan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Dodger

First Grade
no im serious johnsy, how many times were the dragons markers not square?

and that ten metre march was pathetic.
they even tried to cover themselevs by making an article about how parra was whinging all game.

if that the case, robbie farrah would have been marched at least twice each game this year.

no name

Coach
I know enough to know one place is in QLD and the other is in NSW. Close to the border or not, he can't be referred to as a Titans local jr.

Your comment regarding their pillaging: You completely missed the point dude. They took one or two players from every club in the league for their opening season, and didn't use many (if any) locals at all. That weakens the NRL players pool. And they're still poaching away. They will always be the Seagulls.

Cheers.
The Titans put alot of time, money and effort into developing juniors from Beenleigh all the way down to Grafton. They run competitions, clinics and other programs in this area.
Mead is a Titan jr.
Laffranchi, O'Dwyer, Shannon Walker, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawnton are all Titans juniors who have played at NRL level, there are probably more too.
Of course they had to buy players from elsewhere, do you think they were just going to throw players from the local A grade comp in?
Had SuperLeague not got them kicked out they also would have had first dibbs on players like Mick Gordon, Kevin Kingston, Luke Covell and Darius Boyd, there is probably more who could be added to that list also.

How many juniors do the Raiders have in their team?

Loudstrat

Coach
The Titans put alot of time, money and effort into developing juniors from Beenleigh all the way down to Grafton. They run competitions, clinics and other programs in this area.
Mead is a Titan jr.
Laffranchi, O'Dwyer, Shannon Walker, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawnton are all Titans juniors who have played at NRL level, there are probably more too.
Of course they had to buy players from elsewhere, do you think they were just going to throw players from the local A grade comp in?
Had SuperLeague not got them kicked out they also would have had first dibbs on players like Mick Gordon, Kevin Kingston, Luke Covell and Darius Boyd, there is probably more who could be added to that list also.

How many juniors do the Raiders have in their team?

Lismore is not Titans junior area. It's group 1 ffs. Titans do not run Group 1

Laffranchi they bought from Wests. O'Dwyer was an Eel. The titans did not exist when they were being developed, so claiming them as juniors is like QLD claiming Inglis.

no name

Coach
Lismore is not Titans junior area. It's group 1 ffs. Titans do not run Group 1

Laffranchi they bought from Wests. O'Dwyer was an Eel. The titans did not exist when they were being developed, so claiming them as juniors is like QLD claiming Inglis.
Re Laffranchi & O'Dwyer I made a mistake, I meant to say Gold Coast juniors.
As for Lismore, as I said the Titans put alot of resources into the Northern Rivers & Gold Coast competitions and can rightly claim players from those competitions as juniors.

Latest posts