What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs Tigers - Easter Monday šŸ£

Gronk

Staff member
Monty Python Fight GIF

Glenneel

Bench
My Team:
FB. Gutho
WG. Sivo, Russell
CTR. Peninisi, Simonsson
HLF. Asi, Brown
FR. Paulo, RCG
SR. Lane, Tuilagi
LK. Hopgood
Reserves:
Moretti
Doorey
Matto
Offa (actually prefer Ogden as has more punch imo but probably not as good defensively)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Even with no moses we should still be winning this game.

The tigers are a youngish side that were up last week. I think there will be a letdown this week.

I do think they will be trouble some sides this year but still be inconsistent.

As long as we keep Api under control in the ruck we still should be winning this by 10-12 points at home.

eels_fan

First Grade
My Team:
FB. Gutho
WG. Sivo, Russell
CTR. Peninisi, Simonsson
HLF. Asi, Brown
FR. Paulo, RCG
SR. Lane, Tuilagi
LK. Hopgood
Reserves:
Moretti
Doorey
Matto
Offa (actually prefer Ogden as has more punch imo but probably not as good defensively)
I think weā€™ll win, but Iā€™m not that confident that we can play 80 without a hookerā€¦

the phantom menace

First Grade
My guess - Gutherson will "self-nominate" to be closer to the action.

1. Simonsson - timely return, can afford Talagi more first grade
2. Sivo - timely return, or Harper is also available at a push
3. Penisini
4. Talagi - more first grade time for continuity, Harper can do some later weeks also
5. Russell
6. Gutherson
7. Brown
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Lussick
10. Paulo - but starting from the bench
11. Lane - needs a rocket...
12. Cartwright
13. Hopgood

14. Moretti - might be left of the bench for Greig or Hands/Asi given backline stocks
15. Matterson
16. Ofahengaue - starting for Paulo for one more week
17. Taulagi
18. Greig - probably needs a shorter taste of NRL post-injury before starting
19. Hands - to be retained in 19-man squad so decision can be made late in the week
20. Asi - to be retained in 19-man squad so decision can be made late in the week
21. Ogden
22. Makatoa

I don't think Sanders will be picked, as I suspect he's already made his mind where he's signing for 2025.

84 Baby

Referee
I think Gutho stays fullback but heā€™ll get 50% more touches in attack.
Drown will stay with 6 on back but will have to do more of direction.
Then Asi to play ā€œhalfā€ doing mostly attacking bombs

Alternatively Sanders instead of Asi if we think itā€™ll help convince him to stay playing NSW Cup for at least the next couple of years

Avenger

Immortal
We need to look at who we are playing. Itā€™s the Tigers, not the Storm at full strength with seasoned halves.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™d put Blaize at 6 (his natural position) with Brown at 7. Blaize will be able to handle Galvin and Brown is better than anything they have.

Noise

Coach
We need to look at who we are playing. Itā€™s the Tigers, not the Storm at full strength with seasoned halves.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™d put Blaize at 6 (his natural position) with Brown at 7. Blaize will be able to handle Galvin and Brown is better than anything they have.
That would be my preference. Blaize 6, Sivo on the wing and then take your pick between Superman/Soul Glow at left centre.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Asi will be the safest pick to replace Moses.
He also gives the possibility of retaining Blaize.

It is going to be interesting to see who gets the nod at all of half, left C, left wing and #17 (do we bring Hands back as a safety backup allowing us to hedge on Asi, or Gutho at 6, or Blaize at 6, or Sanders at 7)

oldmancraigy

Coach

Kicking game might be an issue though?

For me it is either Blaize or Sanders. Just have 1 rookie.

I predict Asi gets the nod for his kicking game. I hope it is Sanders AND Talagi retains his spot

Gherkin

Juniors
I wouldn't be picking Sanders if he isn't staying. He's probably the 4th best option anyway. If we're looking to youth then it should be Blaize

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn't be picking Sanders if he isn't staying. He's probably the 4th best option anyway. If we're looking to youth then it should be Blaize
I think BA countered that earlier in the season by saying that we would not be releasing him. His job was to play reggies and be that guy if we need him. So I would not be surprised if he gets the nod.

Latest posts