What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA Vs Raw Predictions Plus *Massive Spoilers*

Did you guys see that bit on raw where Vince McMahon threw like heaps and heaps of money down the toilet. it was in the opening segment. well done mcmahon.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just my thoughts on TNA based on spoilers.

GOOD
- Jeff Hardy debuting. If this is a 'war', this is the first shot. This guy was massively over in WWE prior to leaving, and they seemed to have big plans for a return feud somewhere down the line
- Lots of surprises. Flair, Orlando, Nasty Boys, Waltman, Hall etc. No, none of them came in and went over TNA talent. It was just a fun, nostalgic thing to see them all.
- NWO 'reunion'. It was fun to see the originals in there, and to have Hogan use them as an example of what was 'wrong' with the business. Fun stuff. Especially loved Bischoff being back on my TV.
- Knockouts Tag Match: Take that, WWE. Awesome match.
- Samoa Joe over Abyss. Not a great match, but a good way to showcase him. Ditto Hernandez and Morgan crushing two has beens.
- Early MOTY contender. Styles vs. Angle was amazing by all accounts. As you'd expect.
- Sting in the rafters!
- Intriguing plot line with Hogan pushing the new talent and a lot of old timers objecting.

BAD
- Having a no contest in a Steel Asylum match that was going well up until that point. Why couldn't they go to a finish, showcase the division, and then have Hardy debut?
- ODB vs. Tara was WWE quality stuff. Crud.
- Clusterf**ky stuff like the attacks backstage, Foley and the Nasty Boys hogging TV time, and lots of commercials.
- Desmond Wolfe losing again. Wasn't he the next big thing?
- Changing the PPV main event. No new one announced, but apparently no Styles/Angle match.

Pretty much sums it up. Said before the show that I expected a signing out of left field, but didn't expect Hardy.

Wolfe will main event at some stage, no doubt about it. I didn't really mind him losing at this stage, mainly because he lost to Pope who despite limited exposure in TNA has really gotten himself over.

The way the show was put together was really good. The guys in the ring were the young guys who haven't had a lot of work put into their characters while the veterans were the ones on the mic telling the story.

Obviously it can't stay this way every week, but it was a smart move early on. Very interested to see where the Styles/Flair thing goes, although I hope it's a little more involved than the Joe/Taz thing.

Definately more good than bad, the question is can TNA deliver week after week. The Styles/Angle match set a standard and although that will be hard to reach/top each week, they should definately attempt to give a near PPV quality main event each week with different wrestlers.

Possible Genesis PPV matches.

Hardy V Homicide - Homicide cut a little promo at the post show media conference saying Hardy will now have a target on his back

Morgan/Hernandez V British Invasion - Apparently Hernandez/Morgan are the new #1 contenders for the titles (yes, I don't know how either)

Nash/Hall/Waltman V Beer Money and ?? (maybe Foley)

Wolfe V Pope, or even Pope V Orlando Jordan

Styles V Joe - They were the two who were really put over in ring and with Joe holding the feast or fired briefcase (does that exist in the Hogan era?) he's probably going to find himself #1 contender.

Special K

Coach
Homicide Vs Hardy will be awesome.

Homicide may be the most underrated wrestler of the 2000's.

He just needs to bring back Julius Smokes.. BRRRRRRRRRRRRATTTTTTTTTTTTT

jc155776

Coach
Go TNA!! Woot!!!

Wrestlers past their primes!!! f**k yeah!! Drug takers and dealers!!! sh*t awesome!!! TNA Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

FMD.

I viewed both shows on a stream yesterday arvo, and here are my thoughts:

TNA:

I thought the show looked much slicker, the production definitly improved, big time - Biscoff's influence showing already. The debutes were meh for me mostly, though I agree with CWB, the nWo reunion was all coolness - for nostelgic purposes, and I actually enjoyed Val Venis, always have. f**k the Nasty Boys though. The main event was awesome. Was not a fan of the amount of advertisements they put on, especially in that main event. The womans tag match was brilliant too, Hamada and Kong got put over big time, and the babyface Knockouts did too, with their highflying moves. Joe/Abyss was average, but Joe went over. We needed to see the "Ole" though. The Hernandez/Morgan/Raven/Richards match stunk the arena out. Flair's appearance looked shoddy, though I loved Hogan's promo on Jarrett, Russo's suggestion was it? All in all, great first up effort, but they have a lot to work on, and the amount of sh*tty hasbeens, such as Orlando and the Nasties reaaally sucked ass. Bubba did well backstage. Nigel losing was a WTF moment for me, though it seems they're high on Pope, and we all know Pope is the man. The way the show ended though sucked balls big time, it felt as if we needed that one more surprise to see us off, such as a Van Dam being revealed under the masked attacker's mask.

WWE:

Same old sh*t, but that ending was f**king brilliant. f**k what you heard, when Bret got kicked in the nuts, I could hear smarks and Attitude-fans worldwide screaming for McMahon's blood. Way to build up the storyline this far out from Mania. Awesomeness.

For mine, TNA won head to head, but WWE's booking of Bret Hart was 10/10. Angle/Styles was AAAWWWESOME.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
After seeing the Impact spoilers, it's noticeable the amount of clean victories that are coming up (a few sh*tty pre match beatdowns as well though).

Joe over Abyss on Monday clean, Styles over Angle clean, Pope over Wolfe clean.

Don't worry about Wolfe either, after next weeks Impact I think his stock might be a little higher. ;-)

munge

Juniors
So where does everyone see Bret Hart going?

Surely it wont be Hart vs McMahon at Wrestlemania. I cant see Hart wanting to do that. What a sh*t way to end his career that would be, wrestling a no talent McMahon.

Other options are somthing with Orton? or even somthing with Shawn. I think Shawn will at least have a say in somthing, or vice versa, bret will have a say in somthing with Shawn.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Hogan
Bischoff
Hall
Waltman
Orlando Jordan
Jeff Hardy
Shannon Moore
Val Venis
Flair
Nasty Boys

Wow is that what TNA think they will beat WWE with?

Hall Waltman are way past it the best work Waltman has done is a night in china!

Bicey_18

Bench

Surely it wont be Hart vs McMahon at Wrestlemania. I cant see Hart wanting to do that. What a sh*t way to end his career that would be, wrestling a no talent McMahon.

Other options are somthing with Orton? or even somthing with Shawn. I think Shawn will at least have a say in somthing, or vice versa, bret will have a say in somthing with Shawn.

Most likely scenario...

I think its actually a given

nöyd

Staff member
the best work Waltman has done is a night in china!

:sick: thanks for the visual

RAW pretty much blew, except for the 2 kicks - one to the midgets noggin and the other to Bret's seeds. I laughed.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade

Brett has said that the ultimate buzz match up would be him vs McMahon. I can see it happening.

Brett was always my favorite wrestler growing up so good to finally see him back although I hate what a joke the WWE has become.

I'm cheering for TNA to bring the WWE down a peg. f**k the Vince McMahon brunch club. f**k the clueless writers. f**k the PG13 bullsh*t.

Raw sucking has nothing to do with the PG rating. Its more to do with those in charge of creative and those at the top not wanting to relinquish their spots.

shiznit

Coach
Brett has said that the ultimate buzz match up would be him vs McMahon. I can see it happening.

Brett was always my favorite wrestler growing up so good to finally see him back although I hate what a joke the WWE has become.

I'm cheering for TNA to bring the WWE down a peg. f**k the Vince McMahon brunch club. f**k the clueless writers. f**k the PG13 bullsh*t.

Hear, Hear!! :clap:

shiznit

Coach
Raw sucking has nothing to do with the PG rating. Its more to do with those in charge of creative and those at the top not wanting to relinquish their spots.
i actually think the PG rating is partly a factor... especially with DX...

DX humour was funny on a number levels... including in a downright dirty way... eg. the 2 new members of DX(Chyna's impants), the Banana etc...

now with the way there going its just plain corny... its a f**king joke....

i agree that its not the sole reason for the current mess... i think theres alot of truth to your argument that the problem lies with those at the top and at creative... i think its just gone stale... they need to clean it out and go in a new direction...

maybe they could turn one of the shows into a PG show.... and the other into more of an adult orientated attitude era show... try and get the best of both worlds...

Special K

Coach
The PG factor is a massive limitation on the writers.

Pope's promo on TNA was probably the best on either show and the win he had over Wolfe didn't hurt Wolfe.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I'd hate to see Bret Hart finish in the ring like some of the former legends have. The image I have of The Hitman is 'The Excellence of Execution', anything less 12 years removed from the ring would sour that a little, not much, but enough to bother me.

I guess if anything goes ahead it would be a street-fight scenario which would take the wrestling element out of it - that would be ok I guess.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'd hate to see Bret Hart finish in the ring like some of the former legends have. The image I have of The Hitman is 'The Excellence of Execution', anything less 12 years removed from the ring would sour that a little, not much, but enough to bother me.

I guess if anything goes ahead it would be a street-fight scenario which would take the wrestling element out of it - that would be ok I guess.

i actually agree
if hart wrestles in any form, even a street fight, as much as i would want to see it, im going to avoid it like the plague, he's my favourite wrestler of all time and whilst i dont watch it anymore, i dont want to spoil my child hood memories of the Hitman doin his thing.

The PG factor is a massive limitation on the writers.

Pope's promo on TNA was probably the best on either show and the win he had over Wolfe didn't hurt Wolfe.
I dont think the PG rating is that limiting. You can put out a family-orientated product, in any form of entertainment, and still make it creative, fresh and, hell, ENTERTAINING.

In terms of wrestling, CHIKARA puts out some of the freshest, funniest and entertaining stuff going round, with promos and matches, and is still quality ring action-wise. I suggest you youtube "CHIKARA the Colony" and tell me that would not blow up in the WWE.

Oh, and Pope's promo did kick ass, its easy to see why TNA are high on him. LOL@"Desmond Roofie".I would have loved to have seen Wolfe get his heat back after the match though, perhaps cutting a promo and bantering with the crowd, or even assaulting the referee or atleast moaning at him, but we got none of that. His fued with Angle prior to this iMPACT! meant the loss did not effect his status.

Looking forward to the next iMPACT! however, after viewing the spoilers.

Last edited: