What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

Usain Bolt

Bench
Don't know anything about that Grayson Goodwin but whenever I see his name it's always attached to negative news stories. Sounds like a real winner

Mr Spock!

Referee
What's with this who took the photo and posted it crap?

Everyone has a camera now. Don't act like a dickhead if you don't want to lose your $650 000 a year job to play some footy for half the year.

Yeah the real issue about 9/11 was who took the photos.

Yeah right.

Chook

First Grade
What's with the sympathy for Carney?

He's a serial f**ktard, a moron repeat offender who suffers from Responsibility Deficiency Syndrome where nothing is ever his fault.

He knows the grog screws him up and has been responsible for him loosing millions of dollars in contracts, but he shoves schooners into his face anyway. Now that's a genius!

I couldn't give a shit what happens to the idiot. At least he hasn't bred and infected the gene pool with his moronic DNA.

Chook.

Mr Spock!

Referee

He's a serial f**ktard, a moron repeat offender who suffers from Responsibility Deficiency Syndrome where nothing is ever his fault.

He knows the grog screws him up and has been responsible for him loosing millions of dollars in contracts, but he shoves schooners into his face anyway. Now that's a genius!

I couldn't give a shit what happens to the idiot. At least he hasn't bred and infected the gen pool with his stupid DNA.

Chook.

Yeah but he might be stressed. Quick let's give give him a hug, poor thing.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If I lost my $80000 a year job for that (and I would) not many would be saying "poor thing, who took the photo".

big hit!

Bench
What's with this who took the photo and posted it crap?

Everyone has a camera now. Don't act like a dickhead if you don't want to lose your $650 000 a year job to play some footy for half the year.

Yeah the real issue about 9/11 was who took the photos.

Yeah right.

Public change rooms and public toilets.

only cretins would have their phones out in these circumstances considering the image and video capturing capability of them these days. I don't care if the young folk of today have these devices glued to their hands 24 hours a day, have some f**king respect and etiquette for other people in these circumstances.

ram raid

Bench
I don't feel sorry for him but surely having to live with these pics being public is punishment enough. He didn't hurt anyone. He's an object of ridicule now for the rest of his life. Should we lynch him?

Red Bear

Referee

I couldn't give a shit what happens to the idiot. At least he hasn't bred and infected the gene pool with his moronic DNA.

Chook.
Seems like someone with an alcohol problem to me, probably nurtured by the fact that being a talented footballer over rides that (to this point).

He's seems like a deadshit, no doubt, but for his sake I hope he turns his life around off the field and lives some sort of meaningful existence, probably without first grade NRL now.

big hit!

Bench
I don't feel sorry for him but surely having to live with these pics being public is punishment enough. He didn't hurt anyone. He's an object of ridicule now for the rest of his life. Should we lynch him?

image management for cronulla.

seen to be doing the right thing by the wider community.

reports are Carney was slowly veering off the rails throughout the season and back to his old ways with the drink.

Like most clubs in the NRL, there is no action until the shit hits the fan.

This is amplified at a club like Cronulla which virtually has little resources that a professional sports organisation should have - financial and manned. Add to that the issues with ASADA which are taking up a good proportion of the hours of the little resources that are on hand, then rogues will run loose and problems can get out of hand quickly.

Now I'm not saying Carney is absolved from responsibility. He is a 28yo who should have some discipline for a bloke with the coin he is on, the chances he has had, his status at the club, and most importantly his fame within the community. But if the club were turning a blind eye to other indiscretions in the lead-up no matter how minor they may have seemed initially, then they deserve the adverse publicity they cop when one of their representatives are caught larricking around in a manner that the community perceives as distasteful.

A player f**king up is reflection of a club's or organisation's culture. These things aren't merely one-offs. They fester. If clubs don't clamp down on the minor shit, even BS talk in dressing room and attitudes, then it generally gets to a level that the club - and the game - will ultimately regret.

This is one thing Rugby League continually fails with. They talk about education programs and shit, but I'd say the coaches and bosses at these clubs do little to rein in poor attitudes and behaviour when teams are actually together in the 99.9% of situations. Education programs are just BS box-ticking regulation satisfiers. It's what the action of the leading players, coaches, CEO's etc that determines what the playing group perceives as acceptable.

Last edited:

Cletus

First Grade

Chook.

Because compared to some of the other things he's done this is nothing. He's not leading the police on a high speed chase or destroying Goulburn, he's pretending to drink his own piss in the toilets to gross out his friends. If it was any other player they'd be suspended for a fortnight but with Carney's past he gets the sack.

Because compared to some of the other things he's done this is nothing. He's not leading the police on a high speed chase or destroying Goulburn, he's pretending to drink his own piss in the toilets to gross out his friends. If it was any other player they'd be suspended for a fortnight but with Carney's past he gets the sack.

But thats the thing! He isn't any other player, he is the serial offender known as Todd Carney...

Aragorn

First Grade

you mean like some of the other things he's done in the past? like....
drink driving
driving when disqualified
refusing to stop for the police resulting in a high speed car chase
vandalism
assault
setting a guy on fire
urinating on a man.... and now urinating in his own mouth....

that's a pretty long list dating back to 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Carney

carcharias

Immortal
you mean like some of the other things he's done in the past? like....
drink driving
driving when disqualified
refusing to stop for the police resulting in a high speed car chase
vandalism
assault
setting a guy on fire
urinating on a man.... and now urinating in his own mouth....

that's a pretty long list dating back to 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Carney

wasn't one of those people he wee'd on in a wheelchair or handicapped to some degree?

Lambretta

First Grade
Does it really matter if the piss touched his mouth or if it was 1cm away? The image has the same effect either way and to even try and create an illusion of pissing in your mouth is plain stupid. It's not something a normal person does and isn't the kind of stupidity you want associated with your club is it...

Yes its stupid. Would I want it associated with my club? No.

But Todd hasn't gone out to harm the Sharks or posted something stupid on social media himself. Surely suspending him, docking his pay and taking him to counselling were all options open to the club. Todd Carney has a right to behave in a manner Cronulla finds appropriate and as employee Cronulla have a duty of care for Todd Carney.

Cutting him loose and saying you're on your own wasn't a good move.

Now it may be the case that had Cronulla listened to Todds side of the story they would have reached the same conclusion and it probably would have been the likely outcome and one I would respect. But to act with partial facts based on a media storm shows a distinct lack of leadership in my opinion and I have little respect for the current Cronulla board for their actions here.

You never make a decision in anger. The Croulla board did exactly that.

Latest posts