What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tooveys the Man

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Yes he has, he used to coach our reserve grade side before he became Hasler's assistant. He did a good job as well from memory.

I don't know at all if it is true, but I heard Crusher may stay on with Toovey and not jump ship with Hasler. If we can build a good support staff around Toovey and keep the core of this squad together I'm confident we'll be alright.

Hasler leaving does suck, but you never know, if his departure causes action to be taken behind the scenes to fix the problems at board level, it could end up being a blessing in disguise. I guess time will tell.

Cleal will follow, greenburg is to talk with who des wants the coming months, was said by himself on radio today.

Patorick

Staff member
Yes he has, he used to coach our reserve grade side before he became Hasler's assistant. He did a good job as well from memory.

I don't know at all if it is true, but I heard Crusher may stay on with Toovey and not jump ship with Hasler. If we can build a good support staff around Toovey and keep the core of this squad together I'm confident we'll be alright.

Hasler leaving does suck, but you never know, if his departure causes action to be taken behind the scenes to fix the problems at board level, it could end up being a blessing in disguise. I guess time will tell.
Funny, I've heard the opposite.

:crazy:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Nathan Brown version 2.0

Good luck Stoopid Eegels...

Yeaaaaaaaah spot on. Both gone straight into coaching with no apprenticeship and coaching players they played with only a year before.....
Good to see that you can be a mental defective and become a moderator on this site.
Gives those less mentally adept something to aim for in life.

ralph-wiggum-simpsons-daddy-i-made-global-warming-in-my-pants-sad-hill-news.jpg

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Really?? I thought he came into Hasler's coaching team in 2004 as a trainer then moved into the assistant coach role later.
I thought he was on the NRMA board and doing accountancy before that.
Must be wrong. There you go!!

oval

Juniors
But it's a bit like appointing a new captain of the Titanic 5 minutes after the Iceberg hit.

You're suggesting the Sea Eagles are gonna sink.

I don't think they will - appointing Toovey is a smart move because it's the best way to retain players and coaching staff - they already know him and respect him, plus he is already part of the system which, football wise at least, has been going pretty well over the last few years. It means a degree of stability.

I'm not sure about Des sticking around for 2012, but I guess it means a gradual handover, and more training for Toovey. Hopefully its a smooth transition.

Best result for a f**ked up situation imho.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Cleal will follow, greenburg is to talk with who des wants the coming months, was said by himself on radio today.

You may be right, I'm sure he is a strong chance of following Hasler. But I once heard Cleal say that signing with Manly from Parramatta was like coming home. He has a strong bond with the players and Toovey has been apart of his and Hasler's team since he has been back at Manly.

At the end of the day Cleal is his own man. I'm sure he is pissed off with the board too and that may see him walk, but Des' decision is his own and it doesn't necessarily mean Cleal will pack up and follow Des at the click of Greenburg's fingers.

Glen

Bench
So how many rounds before they sack Des and let Toovey take over?

Will Dessie be pulling players aside when Tooves leaves the room and talking up contracts at the Bulldogs?

Ozzy

First Grade
They're making it easy to dislike them putting that whinging tool in charge. Probably be a good coach though, used to coach the reserve grade side from memory and has been assistant to Des for a while now
:lol: This will change people's opinion? Haters are going to hate.

firechild

First Grade
Thank f*k for that , at least it will get him off the field.

Now all that is need is Langer to be a head coach

Yet funnily enough it was the Dragons that recieved the most breach notices for trainers spending too much time on the field. People only notice Toovey and Langer because they know who they are.

Yet funnily enough it was the Dragons that recieved the most breach notices for trainers spending too much time on the field. People only notice Toovey and Langer because they know who they are.

You're probably right.

The thing with St George is that they also made that person head coach ( If Im correct it was Price out there )

Latest posts