What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial teams vs Hartleys

Stake Removed

First Grade
I thought we looked good tonight even though trial and remembering we have Dugan, Leutele, Fifita, Prior, Graham, Lewis & Gallen to come back thats 1434 First grade game experience 67 SOO games, makes me confident again we will be right in the finish

M2D2

Bench
i was at the panthers trial, didnt see luke ANYWHERE, just thought id let you guys know you can (at the moment anyway) still watch the full stream on the website, as i am watching it now.

M2D2

Bench
What the hell was with that Sea Eagles commentator.
Trying to claim Summer bay as a Manly beach.
His fascination with the family hill.
What an unfunny bastard.

southland

Juniors
Katoa not only a f**king dangerous handful attacking but he does the little things well. Looks enthusiastic to run it out of own half and is aware of what’s going on around him. If he isn’t starting winger I’ll eat Flannos trowel.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Anyone know if Xerri got any minutes?
Yeah he played a bit of right centre, don’t think he got much time or opportunity.

He’s bigger than I thought, especially for a 17yr old. If he’s ready talent wise he’s got no issues physically from what I saw

Stalefish

Juniors
i thought xerri appealed to me as an upgraded curtis scott. massive frame for a youngen and handled himself alright with his one hit up and 2 tackles. definately one to keep an eye on if hes still only 17.

that manly commentator tho.. what a knob i cant believe the didnt mute that guy

Frenzy.

Immortal
Katoa not only a f**king dangerous handful attacking but he does the little things well. Looks enthusiastic to run it out of own half and is aware of what’s going on around him. If he isn’t starting winger I’ll eat Flannos trowel.

He is a broken play jack in the box. Light stepper, nimble qnd quick.

Looked strong tackling.

Only things I wont judge are his defensive play, positionally and otherwise because they put no pressure on, his ballplay, (if any) and his ability under high kicks.

If he can do those as well he’s also a better fullbqck than the bloke we have

2169C8CE-349A-40A9-8FB0-14805E83B7F3.jpeg

Stake Removed

First Grade
He is a broken play jack in the box. Light stepper, nimble qnd quick.

Looked strong tackling.

Only things I wont judge are his defensive play, positionally and otherwise because they put no pressure on, his ballplay, (if any) and his ability under high kicks.

If he can do those as well he’s also a better fullbqck than the bloke we have

View attachment 17638

I think he will be ok under the high ball, he was caught out due to Ramien not giving him coverage on the 1st bomb, and the 2nd that was just sheer luck.

Dugan will give Katoa room to move as well, and with lewis inside of Dugan the kid is going to get knowledge base 2nd to none.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I notice Aaron Gray last night, he looks his best when puts the fend out, Flanno needs to give him the tape of the day Mellor fended off the Knights winger from about 2002, Gray could be very handy signing

imasharkie

Coach
I was impressed with the two starting props (Seumanufagai, Uele) big mothers with heaps of grunt and they don't mind putting a hit on. Hope they both make the 17.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I wasn't overly enthused about Ava when we signed him, but he went better than I expected, had some good carries.

Weaponhead

Coach
I was impressed with the two starting props (Seumanufagai, Uele) big mothers with heaps of grunt and they don't mind putting a hit on. Hope they both make the 17.
Agree. Uele is hard to put down. Always hit his front. An offload and no errors. Ava was dominated early but worked into it. Definitely a first grade prop with work rate.

Weaponhead

Coach
I think he will be ok under the high ball, he was caught out due to Ramien not giving him coverage on the 1st bomb, and the 2nd that was just sheer luck.

Dugan will give Katoa room to move as well, and with lewis inside of Dugan the kid is going to get knowledge base 2nd to none.
Katoa looks great in attack. He will get targeted in the air as he short. He will have better coverage from Dugan but he will have to improve positioning. He is going to have to use his body (like Slater) to get better position against taller wingers.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Didnt see either bomb. Was probably when NBN was shafting up the arse again

Weaponhead

Coach
The second try was a shift to our left side. Katoa covered to the posts. They passed back to the middle, kicked to Katoas wing and his opposite was unmarked. Being critical, he over covered and didn't react quick enough to the shift. Neither did Ramien though.

He is an exciting talent and will really benefit playing outside Dugan.

Latest posts