What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Storm. 11th Feb.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Can't see any of the 9's team getting named for this 1st trial and think we'll see RTS, Isaac Luke, SJ, Manu, Fusitua, Vete, Liliman, Thompson combining with 2nd their guys on the 25 roster fringe.

Though in saying that, maybe one of Tui, Ata or Lino will play at standoff with SJ at halfback??

Seasons only 4 weeks away from kickoff and now the 9's is out of the way, it'll be good to see how SK goes with his 1st up selections.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I actually wouldnt mind seeing Hingano and Lino as the halves pairing for most of these trial games obviously to develop them as much as we can and at the same time, preserve Shaun. Also field the younger forwards but at the same time give our main big men some game time to speed up that match fitness.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I have what maybe a stupid question.. does anyone know if Shaun and Kieran have been training together this off season?

Like has our team been training with a full strength spine or has injuries (SJ) and uncertainty around Foran's status disrupted us.

Last thing I wanna see is round 1 and our spine not having any gel time together. We can't rely on national team combinations IMO as they don't have the same quality players around them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I have what maybe a stupid question.. does anyone know if Shaun and Kieran have been training together this off season?

Like has our team been training with a full strength spine or has injuries (SJ) and uncertainty around Foran's status disrupted us.

Last thing I wanna see is round 1 and our spine not having any gel time together. We can't rely on national team combinations IMO as they don't have the same quality players around them.
Based off the source below, it says hes been training for months now and can only assume that he wouldve train with Shaun who Kierans played with at the highest level and thats against Australia. I feel they're quite an established pairing now along with Luke and RTS to ice the cake, so to me theyre sussed (should be).

The players around them are good and the more you think about the personnel, the better you feel about the teams chances. You got Fusitua, Kata, Ayshford, Manu, Matulino, Hoffman, Thompson etc...IMO theyre quality.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/89102977/NRL-seeking-more-advice-on-Kieran-Foran

Rich102

Staff member
Forgive me not sharing your optimism.
Foran, who has yet to be confirmed, is the only new name in there from last year.
And what did they achieve then?
I will watch with interest.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Forgive me not sharing your optimism.
Foran, who has yet to be confirmed, is the only new name in there from last year.
And what did they achieve then?
I will watch with interest.
You will watch because youre a Warrior fan and you hope the best for them. Thats where Im coming from in my post, the hope that they do well. Just being positive for our team.

We can say 'oh this guy sux...this guys new...the same suckful team as last year etc' but come kick off time, you will watch and be hopeful.

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
I think we as fans always watch hoping for the best for our teams. I guess it's the fear of being burn't time and time again that leaves us sceptical of times ahead.

It'll be an interesting watch these next week weeks and into the early first few rounds. SK has come from a very structured and disciplined Storm outfit and similar to an extent with Brisbane. Both were very much win it up front and then move to the structure in the backs.

Fix's at the top of the list I want to see are:
1. Consistency in the forwards
2. Backline structure
3. A game plan

Winning formula right there. Sounds easy......

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I think we as fans always watch hoping for the best for our teams. I guess it's the fear of being burn't time and time again that leaves us sceptical of times ahead.
I can totally understand that but like I said, come kick off time, all those negative doubts go out the window and were all one. 2016 is left where it is. We all SHARE that hope that our team does well and thats the bottom line.
Fix's at the top of the list I want to see are:
1. Consistency in the forwards
2. Backline structure
3. A game plan

Winning formula right there. Sounds easy......
Yep consistency in the forwards, nice. Defintely inconsistent last year.

Backline structure hmm...obviously we look at Foran to chuck that on the table but it might not be so easy. Robson we assumed would bring that structure but Im not sure what happened, but then again Foran is better than Robson. Defintely broken though.

I think we need game planS but yeah, either Cappys systems last year werent effective or the team wasnt carrying it out properly or a bit both. SK will have a plan(s) and I cant wait to assess that.

ozbash

Referee
The thing with me is the utter disappointment from last year has hung around.

I have become very sceptical of anything Warriors related.

"They promised so much and delivered so little"

TheDMC

Bench
The forwards were pretty consistent last year; consistently average or poor.

So...for me:

Consistently better forward performances
And Rock solid team defence
That'll do the trick.

But like Ozbash and Rich, I'm now scarred and cannot drum up much optimism...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We'll defintely be watching with a bit of optimisim surely, otherwise you wouldnt even watch the Warrior. Totally understand the lack of trust, as fans of our team we ALL been there with the frusterations, the dramas etc...

I just cant wait till kick off. I wasnt happy with the lack of basics displayed in the nines but geez I gotta be hopeful dont I. They should start the season in feb.

Rich102

Staff member
Not the old onsie. I thought you had thrown that out.
Still, I guess it brings back memories of Wazza,