What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try saving tackle of the year

thommo4pm

Coach
we always hear about the try's of the year.....what about some of the best try saving tackles of the year though.

Anyone got any tackles they consider fantastic try saving tackles?

I saw 2 last Monday night for Saints.

Morris on Robertson, he looked certain to score.
Cooper on Joe G(I'm certain it was Joe), and the game was effectively over at that stage also.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I only pay that close attention to Eels games, so here are my nominations:

(1) Jarryd Hayne's try-saving tackle on David Stagg against the Bulldogs

(2) Nathan Hindmarsh's try-saving tackle on Sam Thaiday against the Broncos (Thaiday was in under the posts for all money, until Hindy stripped the ball one-on-one and saved our bacon AGAIN...He's just amazing)

thommo4pm

Coach
Haynes on stagg was unbelievable

True, that was probably the best I've seen this year.

I'm just trying to recall some Melbourne games, or was it Origin, I can recall Billy Slater doing some absolute beauty's also. Just can't remember yet which game/s they were in.

boxhead

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne's on David Stagg in Round 20 and Billy Slater's on Anthony Watmough in Origin 3 were the two best for mine, can't really split either of them, because both of them had massive implications on the way their respective games would play out.

Coaster

Bench
Preston Cambell on Moi Moi a few weeks ago.

There should be a statue of this bloke he is a living legend

ByRd

First Grade
I remember Dugan making a couple but cant remember exactly when, any Raiders fans that can help out??

Latest posts