What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try saving tackle of the year

SET2JT

Juniors
What tackle was this :? SKD tried to pass and failed miserably
Im sure as Morris went to tackel SKD he managed to hit his hand as SKD was passing. Thats why the pass didn't stick. Also Morris was injured in the previous play and could hardly walk but still managed to put pressure on SKD.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
About 2003 at Brookie vs. Saints, I think Manly were up by only a couple with a minute to go. Saints make a backline movement from quite a bit out and make a break. Their winger was heading for the corner. Just as he was diving to score, Beaver comes in cover to shoulder charge him out to dislodge the ball.

Brilliant.

I remember Dugan making a couple but cant remember exactly when, any Raiders fans that can help out??

Dugan did one against the Titans on either Mead or Gordon ( cant remember ) it was the Titans home game earlier in the year. This one where the Titans made a break and dugan was last line , the Titans player took his chance to run around him but Dugan turned
and just got him (my description doesnt do it justice at all )

He has a real knack of wrapping the ball up and getting underneath it which saves alot of tries.

Jason Maher

Immortal
About 2003 at Brookie vs. Saints, I think Manly were up by only a couple with a minute to go. Saints make a backline movement from quite a bit out and make a break. Their winger was heading for the corner. Just as he was diving to score, Beaver comes in cover to shoulder charge him out to dislodge the ball.

Brilliant.

Not surprised a Manly fan can't read, or is still stuck in 2003...

Inferno

Coach
I recall a saints player (I want to say Paul McGregor but I'm not sure)in a final against the dogs I think well over and just strolling towards the post when a dogs player came from nowhere and managed to hold him up.

Have to say though Millington on Cronk last night was an absolute beauty. He's still unsigned at the moment as well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Preston Cambell on Moi Moi a few weeks ago.

There should be a statue of this bloke he is a living legend

Yes! Any time you can stop Moimoi it's a triumph. But it's an incredible triumph when Presto, all 10kg of him, stops a rampaging Moimoi.

I have a lot of time for Presto. Freaking legend.

mxlegend99

Referee
Michael Gordon had a decent one on Greg Inglis - he beat Adrian Purtell and was right at the line but Gordon managed to stop him short of the line somehow, it looked certain that he would score as you don't see Greg Inglis stopped in that position very often.

Although he has an advantage over other players when it comes to making try savers - defending outside of Adrian Purtell means he's constantly having to turn and chase missed tackles which will be tries if he doesn't make them.

AuDragon

Juniors
Yes! Any time you can stop Moimoi it's a triumph. But it's an incredible triumph when Presto, all 10kg of him, stops a rampaging Moimoi.

I have a lot of time for Presto. Freaking legend.
+1

Presto should have been a Qld'er!

Hoffman has pulled quite a few tackle savers this year also, although probably not as spectacular as Hayne on Stagg or Slater on Watmough.

Coaster

Bench
+1

Presto should have been a Qld'er!

Hoffman has pulled quite a few tackle savers this year also, although probably not as spectacular as Hayne on Stagg or Slater on Watmough.
If Preston was a Qlder, he would have played 30 origin games.

He is an ornament to our game, and is in my top 3 favorite players of ALL time, with Wally and Locks

Packy

Bench
Morris with a chase down on Jennings springs to mind. Not brilliant like Hayne's on Stagg but to catch Jennings is a feat in anyone's eyes.