What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try saving tackle of the year

Life's Good

Coach
I think Croker's tackle is a good tackle, I just don't know if it's as great as everyone is raving about it. Still a great effort though.

Edit: Have removed the link, video owner won't let the video play on this forum. You will have to click on this news link to see it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...s/news-story/b69f0a5db1b98aae3380f4296482d156
Being biased Coopers was a ripper.

On Croker, correct me if I am wrong but hasn't he made a habit of try savers like the one vs. Warriors??

typicalfan

Coach
I can remember a tackle from Croker on Cam Munster last year which was incredible, was one where you expected Munster to score easily. Not quite as good as this one though.

King hit

Coach
Just looked at it, great stuff by Croker it will be on the highlight reel for sure. Other great try savers on the top of my head are

Luke Ricketson on Wendell Sailor 2000
Eric Grothe on Colin Scott 1981
Billy Slater on Anthony Watmough 2010
Kurt Gidley on Darius Boyd 2009

davi

Juniors
Just looked at it, great stuff by Croker it will be on the highlight reel for sure. Other great try savers on the top of my head are

Luke Ricketson on Wendell Sailor 2000
Eric Grothe on Colin Scott 1981
Billy Slater on Anthony Watmough 2010
Kurt Gidley on Darius Boyd 2009

davi

Juniors
Jarryd Hayne in his hey day at Parramatta tackling David Stagg. Sorry about the music.

wibble

Bench
My favourite from recent (by Davi's standards) times is Barba on Creagh, 2015 vs the Dragons. So funny!

I'd say it was a bit of a David Vs Goliath moment, given the size of each player, but no one really thinks of Creagh as a "Goliath".

The_Shield

Juniors
Tohu Harris' tackle last year against the Cowboys was a good one. Antonio Winterstein i'm pretty sure it was on

Latest posts