What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turner extended until 2019

DiegoNT

First Grade
Another way to look at it is this, turner is the second choice second rower after Sutton. Ranking all 2nd choice 2nd rowers would look like

Gillette 100m
Bromwich 93
Cooper 91
Frizelle 89
Mata'utia 88
Turner 80
Whitehead 79
Lewis 77
Lawrence 74
Afoa 72
Aubusson 67
Scott 65
Proctor 65
Winterstein 51
Eastwood 51
Cartwright 47

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Keeping in mind Turner filled in at centre in Rd 1 so it effects his stats. But he averages 80 per game

Papalli 143
Corner 141
Lowe 139
Mau'a 120
Buhrer 105
Thaiday 105
Yeo 101
Sue 100
Gillett 100
Hoffman 100
Kafausi 98
Jackson 97
Thompon 97
Bromwich 93
Graham 92
Cooper 91
Frizelle 89
Mata'utia 88
Sutton 87
Turner 80
Whitehead 79
Lewis 77
Lawrence 74
Mcqueen 74
Afoa 72
Aubusson 67
Scott 65
Proctor 65
Sironen 55
Winterstein in 51
Eastwood 51
Cartwright 47

Currently Turner is 20th out of 32. He is within 12 metres, 1 extra run a game, of 5 players, 3 who played in the last origin match.

The Nrl average for metres run by second rowers coincidently enough is 80 metres

You can see as well though the top of the list are all class second rowers that would be on quite a bit of money.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You can see as well though the top of the list are all class second rowers that would be on quite a bit of money.

Of those 19 players above him, only 5 ( Jackson, gillette, Thaiday, Buhrer and Kafausi) average more tackles then Turner. ( I have taken his round 1 performace out of it and gone on rounds 2 and 3, which were 31 and 33 for an average of 32. That's more in line with his long term average)
Only 5 players make both more metres and more tackles then Turner

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Of those 19 players above him, only 5 ( Jackson, gillette, Thaiday, Buhrer and Kafausi) average more tackles then Turner. ( I have taken his round 1 performace out of it and gone on rounds 2 and 3, which were 31 and 33 for an average of 32. That's more in line with his long term average)
Only 5 players make both more metres and more tackles then Turner

Those are actually really interesting stats. So our second rowers are really earning their money but are our props?! Bellamy once again turning nobodies into superstars. It must be his pre season fitness destruction that everybody speaks of.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Those are actually really interesting stats. So our second rowers are really earning their money but are our props?! Bellamy once again turning nobodies into superstars. It must be his pre season fitness destruction that everybody speaks of.
He is literally right on the average of what second rowers make in terms of metres. And he is above the average of what second rowers make in terms of tackles. He is no superstar and I assume he is not on huge money. Yet he does his job for the team. He also seems to be a player that Maguire trust to do exactly what he tells him. Protect Reynolds in his early return. Run good lines and be an option on set plays. Move into the middle and tackle your heart out while I cycle through some interchanges etc.
His re-signing was a great piece of work by richo

Rabbit toes

First Grade
He is literally right on the average of what second rowers make in terms of metres. And he is above the average of what second rowers make in terms of tackles. He is no superstar and I assume he is not on huge money. Yet he does his job for the team. He also seems to be a player that Maguire trust to do exactly what he tells him. Protect Reynolds in his early return. Run good lines and be an option on set plays. Move into the middle and tackle your heart out while I cycle through some interchanges etc.
His re-signing was a great piece of work by richo
All great points.
Unfortunately this will be ignored by some.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths til I die we have played 2 weak sides so just wait until the tough teams starting tonight, then we will see what Turner is made of.

My prediction is his stats will drop!!!!

alien

Referee
Souths til I die we have played 2 weak sides so just wait until the tough teams starting tonight, then we will see what Turner is made of.

My prediction is his stats will drop!!!!
we have played against 3 weak teams but one of them beat us because we only had 12 uninjured men on the field for most of the game, lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
we have played against 3 weak teams but one of them beat us because we basically only had 12 uninjured men on the field for most of the game, lol
Yeah but my point is Turner so far in his career goes missing against tough teams.

Let's see what he does tonight!!!!

alien

Referee
Yeah but my point is Turner so far in his career goes missing against tough teams.

Let's see what he does tonight!!!!

I want to see him run hard onto the ball and into a gap when we're attacking the try line!

Dogmatix

Juniors
I still think Souths should have let Turner go instead of rushing to re-sign him

Souths looked much better with Turner dropped today. Can see Turner becoming a Bears regular

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I'm a huge fan of Turner great defence 2nd rower does all the clean up work. Every side needs someone like him :ok_hand:

sorry sillysaggypants mate your wrong thats a clueless remark but but but your fellow dont knowers will agree its only natural for them to agree with such an absurd statement about turner just ask r20 he knows im right...Shadow...but but but turner was dropped for dud tyrrell but but but hows dud mcturtle mcinnes going please reply??

alien

Referee
I still think Souths should have let Turner go instead of rushing to re-sign him

Souths looked much better with Turner dropped today. Can see Turner becoming a Bears regular
Yeah he's a backup level player. He's ok to have in the 30 man squad, as long as we got him for cheap.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yeah he's a backup level player. He's ok to have in the 30 man squad, as long as we got him for cheap.
Exactly. No team in the comp has 30 superstars. Turner is a great backup level player. If he's on back up level money then it's a great re-signing. If he's on overs then it's a bad signing. I doubt very much he's on overs.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Eh I don't think the difference on Sunday was Turner. He's one of those solid NRL players. Not the best but far from the worst.