What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um... Is it just me?

league13

Juniors
I follow him and have tweeted him a couple of times with no response. The other day he responded to someone by saying there was only one national body season 16 coming up.

I asked if there was any work on unifying so USA was stronger at the RLWC. No response

If Nui isn't interested in fielding the strongest team for the World Cup then he shouldn't be in charge.I'm surprised that the powers that be allow this situation to continue.Those attending the games are paying good money and deserve to see the best,not a load of ring ins that are over the hill.

pennpool

Juniors
How many domestic players do you honestly see going over for the world cup????

I will be suprised if there is 6

gyallop

Juniors
You think so tonga and samoa could pick all NRL or SL..I would be shocked if they picked more than 2 or 3 for experience ..USA will be largely heritage players otherwise it will be a debacle

byrner

Juniors
If Nui isn't interested in fielding the strongest team for the World Cup then he shouldn't be in charge.I'm surprised that the powers that be allow this situation to continue.Those attending the games are paying good money and deserve to see the best,not a load of ring ins that are over the hill.

You seriously think that the US based players are stronger than these 'ring ins that areover the hill'? If so you are kidding yourself! The US based players are at the level of a local A-Grade side.

mattystans000

Juniors
Clarke said:
There will be more than 6 alone from the Pacific Island nations imo.
Combined?
Pacific Islands RLWC08 Squads:
Nation (No. of Players in NRL/SL Squads)

Fiji (10): Nick Bradley-Qalilawa (Sea Eagles), Jason Bukuya (Sharks), Aaron Groom (Bulldogs), Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta), Darryl Millard (Bulldogs), Wes Naiqama (Knights), Ashton Sims (Broncos), James Storer (Sharks), Semi Tadulala (Bradford Bulls), Akuila Uate (Knights)

Tonga (22): Fraser Anderson (Sharks), Louis Anderson (Warrington Wolves), Andrew Emelio (Bulldogs), Richard Fa'aoso (Knights), Awen Guttenbeil (Castleford Tigers), Michael Jennings (Panthers), Antonio Kaufusi (Storm), Taniela Lasalo (Parramatta), Epalahame Lauaki (NZ Warriors), Tevita Leo-Latau (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats), Willie Manu (Hull FC), Manase Manuokafoa (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Feleti Mateo (Parramatta Eels), Eddie Paea (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Lopini Paea (Sydney Roosters), Mickey Paea (Sydney Roosters), Fetuli Talanoa (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Joel Taufa'ao (South Sydney), Esikeli Tonga (Gold Coast Titans), Etuate Uaisele (Newcastle Knights), Cooper Vuna (Newcastle Knights), Tony Williams (Parramatta)

Samoa (19): George Carmont (Wigan Warriors), Dave Faiumu (Huddersfield Giants), Harrison Hansen (Wigan Warriors), Ali Lauiti'iti (Leeds Rhinos), Kylie Leuluai (Leeds Rhinos), Francis Meli (St Helens), Joseph Paulo (Panthers), Frank Puletua (Panthers), Tony Puletua (Panthers), Ben Roberts (Bulldogs), Smith Samau (Titans), Lagi Setu (Dragons), Terrence Seuseu (Sharks), Dave Solomona (Bradford Bulls), Willie Talau (St Helens), Misi Taulapapa (Sharks), Ben Te'o (Wests Tigers), Matt Utai (Bulldogs), Nigel Vagana (South Sydney)

Cook Islands: Did Not Qualify

Edit: Oops, realised the quote was in relation to *Domestic* not NRL/SL players... :whistle ](*,)

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Yep, how many in each squad and we can subtract. I suggest though, that Tonga had few if any last time.

Latest posts