What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Rabbits rd1 2018

Recruits have been guns today (Blair aside, looking like his usual lazy ol self)

If we just FINALLY dump Ken and Carter we'd have a complete looking team.
Beale will come in for Kata?
CNK for Maumalo?

Both got a pass mark today.
Kata just as sin bin could have cost us.

spear tackle

Juniors
Great effort for a round 1 game for us I was pleasantly surprised.
The only team changes I can see being made would be Simon back in when he's fit and ready and I hope they put Kata to ISP for a while to iron out a few bad habits. How silly can you be the ref had just told them to stop giving away silly penalties like leg pulling so he goes right ahead and does it, its like having a sign up saying "wet paint" most people take heed but theres always that someone who has to stick his finger in it.
As for Ken he surprised, did well even, did have a moment or two but has so far from what I saw tonight improved.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Well I lost some money but happy to do so. Already Green is unlocking the real SJ and RTS by being at first receiver.

Now that they're genuinely fit and were the more energetic team in the final 20 it was the opposition who were the ones making all the f**k ups because they were fatigued

Kata and Maumalo are still shit. Ditch them for Beale and CNK, get Mannering back and let's go.

Some interesting stats.
82% completion rate.
51% possession
Post contact meters 507m
10 offloads
44 missed tackles.
6 errors.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've got a feeling El Simon would be quite pleased to have to work his way back into the side.

Yep. “Thank f**k it’s not all on my shoulders”. Might feee him up for some edge running and tries too.
Shaun would feel the same way, could immediately see it with Green doing what Foran failed at least year.

Cold Roses

Juniors
The leg strength from Papali'i and Afoa in particular was really noticeable at times. They were really driving into the tacklers. Not sure if it's a by product of the work Corvo has had them doing, or something more specific that he has them focusing on. Seems to be working though.

Big Marn

Juniors
just watched the press conference. Kearney looks like he would rather be pulling fingernails then talking to media.
Interesting what he said about Green. Calls him an "Olden Days" footballer. We might have found another Campion. Lets hope so.

Big Marn

Juniors
I was thinking about changing my posting name this year. But I was here long before him and will likely still be here long after he's left.

So I'll ride it out.
I was actually thinking about this last night. Maybe we should all agree to call him AB or Blarrrrr?

Blair

Coach
I was actually thinking about this last night. Maybe we should all agree to call him AB or Blarrrrr?

Thanks, but we'll stick with Blair for him. He doesn't deserve a moniker like AB or Blairy. You have to earn that.

If he's Blairy by the end of the season we'll know he's done good.

Last edited:

playdaball

Bench
Beale will come in for Kata?
CNK for Maumalo?

Both got a pass mark today.
Kata just as sin bin could have cost us.

Agree that both Kata and Ken got pass marks.

Kata was unlucky to get binned as it could have been the 2 tackles previously that got the same treatment.

Jury still out on CNK as his defence is not 100%.

Beale will comeback in perhaps for Ken, with either Hiku or Beale going to the wing?

Iafeta

Referee
I'll start with the negatives

- Lack of game awareness in relation to the sin bin. Easy to see it coming. Still put the hand on the ball.
- Couple of times Kata screamed out of the defensive line when it was totally unnecessary
- Blairs sideways play the ball was daft
- Hiku missed a lot of first up tackles
- Got to focus on not giving up soft penalties.

Pros

- RTS. That tackle set the tone. His ball playing was awesome too. It didn't look like RTS had to carry them forward so much either.
- The hair bears. Afoa was simply outstanding. Papali'i that was Mannering like. Two potential champions there. Pulu was good off the bench and saved us defensively on one or two key occasions. Tohu Harris, they could not contain him.
- Issac, best game in 3 years. He was carving up. And he looked trim AF. Hopefully the real deal has arrived because the real deal is a priceless gem.
- Blake, slick kicking and passing. Organised beautifully. Freed up Shaun. Outstanding.
- Shaun, pace and step in full force. Absolute class out there. The best moment though, when he took a tough as hell hit up off his own line.
- Sol competing on that bomb. The 1%ers make the difference.
- Kenny and Fus I thought were all over their opponents. Fus' hands on that SJ pass was awesome. And his acceleration. GI didn't even move. Fus had him shot.

And shot to Sammy, first try!!

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Watched the game about 30 beers deep in a bar in Sydney, how sweet it was seeing a win again!

It feels like an absolute age since I've had something to be proud about RE the Warriors..

Everyone played well, and the spine looked slick

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't give Kata a pass mark. He did some good things but too much of the same old. It will cost us games when he has a game that doesn't include the good.

RTS saved him with that try saver after an atrocious defensive decision.

Does it again for the Rabbits second try but tbf if he had a winger who moved faster physically and mentally they might have shut it down as it took a nice tap on to get passed Maumalo.

The sin bin was unforgiveable. We'd just given away 3 penalties. Kata put his hand on the ball and just kept it there. He never looked like moving. It was mind numbingly dumb.

While he's in the bin we concede a try through the missing man.

Gagai makes a break through that same space. If he passes inside instead of outside they score a try.

2 tries and 2 bombed tries largely through poor decision making is not something I can give a pass mark to.

We are not a good enough team to consistently win with such a liability out wide. He just doesn't make good decisions.