What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallabies v All Blacks - Sydney

Vimpy

Juniors
The Thorn one by itself I'm not too gutted about- but when added up with the other decision it's a bit hard to swallow. The offcials should be shot for missing the penalty try, instead they seemed more concerned with questioning a legal substitution.

Shot for missing a penalty, yes, but that was never a penalty try. Tuquiri had it covered. Watch the replays.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Shot for missing a penalty, yes, but that was never a penalty try. Tuquiri had it covered. Watch the replays.

Watch them yourself... Tuquiri was nowhere near the ball when sivi was tackled... he only got there once sivi went down.

Thomas

First Grade
I thought the Sivi shoulder charge on tuquiri was a bit cynical. Sivi didn't have eyes for the ball.

Penalty try wouldn't have made a lick of difference. The AB's were completely outplayed. The Aussies kicked up the tempo when they brought on Waugh and the AB's brought on that lump Luauki and the AB's couldn't match the pace.

Aussies were a bit unlucky not to score 40 points towards the end.

Thomas

First Grade
Obviously all three officials must have been looking elsewhere, right?

Its not like it occured in a darkened room

Te Kaha

First Grade
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qR1pe6XcO84

I've looked. No penalty try -- not that it would have made a difference.

except had he not been tackled sivi would have just fallen on the ball andit wouldnt have got near Tuquiri

Its not like it occured in a darkened room
You are kidding right? you cant takle someone without the ball... if not a penalty try then a penalty and a sinbinning for a professional foul...

And to say it wouldnt have made a differnce is bullsh*t.. it would have changed the game meaning the All Blacks werent playing catch up... and the Wobbilies would have been trying to make the play.

Thomas

First Grade
But if it was such a perfect example of a penalty try, Te Kaha, why didn't the 3 match officials pick it up?

When I first saw it I thought "oh sh*t". I waited for the penalty try call but it didn't happen.

Did all 3 officials all have a momentous c**k up or did they all see something that we didn't (ie perhaps they thought Hynes was going for the ball)

But even if the ABs had scored...the Wallabies would have won. The ABs just weren't in it...they certainly didn't deserve to win.

Te Kaha

First Grade
But if it was such a perfect example of a penalty try, Te Kaha, why didn't the 3 match officials pick it up?

When I first saw it I thought "oh sh*t". I waited for the penalty try call but it didn't happen.

Did all 3 officials all have a momentous c**k up or did they all see something that we didn't (ie perhaps they thought Hynes was going for the ball)

But even if the ABs had scored...the Wallabies would have won. The ABs just weren't in it...they certainly didn't deserve to win.

Who knows why they didnt pick it up... who knows why yarpies dont do anything... and what they thought and what was actual may have been vastly different...

There is no way to know if the Wobbilies would have won, the ABs made so many mistakes trying to force the game.. had they been in front would thaey have made those mistakes??? the drop goal and last try were directly from AB mistakes, not from any set play or counter attack.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

They were- the touch judges were preoccupied with questioning the substitution of Cowan at the time. They called the ref over just after play stopped, and the commentators initially thought it was for a penalty try.

Thomas

First Grade
What...both touch judges?

Even the one on the other side of the field?

He must have been tying up his shoes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty hard to argue, even from an Aussie point of view, that he was tackled without the ball

I was very surprised to see no action taken over it

Thomas

First Grade
Te Kaha...love the sig mate.

I'd copy it, but I don't want to give the so-and-so the satisfaction of knowing its about him.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Kaha...love the sig mate.

I'd copy it, but I don't want to give the so-and-so the satisfaction of knowing its about him.

Doesnt worry me... since i put him on ignore.. i dont have to put up with his imbecilic rantings.. he is still looking at my profile mind... a stranger individual i have not come across

Thomas

First Grade
Did you know he actually wanted to meet me in real life to challenge me to a sporting trivia contest?

I suggested a gay bar on a Friday night but he didn't turn up...

He certainly is a strange one.

Te Kaha

First Grade
wouldnt surprise me.. it would mean he had to talk to a real person instead of his beloved keyboard... would be a first for him...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did you know he actually wanted to meet me in real life to challenge me to a sporting trivia contest?

I suggested a gay bar on a Friday night but he didn't turn up...

He certainly is a strange one.

lol,

and you did ?

Thomas

First Grade
No, of course not. I just wanted to imagine him walking around the Wickham Hotel searching for me.