What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it with St George and Grand Finals?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:
It's going to feel so good watching your ex-coach & play-maker playing in the Preliminary Final, whilst your idiot players are dressed as firemen, directing traffic & your coach is off in the garage looking for the "winning culture" he misplaced somewhere...

I have no idea why someone from the most unsuccessful club in football history would try to rip on the club that has won more Grand Finals than any other. There's something in the water down in The Shire, obviously.

Thank you & good-night, Dumbo :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

When did we mention South Sydney?

We didn't. We mentioned St George, the winner of the most Grand Finals in Sydney, NSWRL, ARL, NRL, whatever history.

You truly are a scholar of the game, Tamazoid, I thought you'd know that.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
oops, wrong again. What is it with Scum supporters and maths?
Saints tanned your sorry hides at Kogarah.

If I was you, I'd go down to Cronulla High and demand that they return all school fees.
Maybe you should ask for a refund on your English fees, as your school didn't teach comprehension. The last time our two teams met was at Shark Park in Round 23, when we beat you 25-16. :D

Better luck next time!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jimbo said:
Willow said:

If I was you, I'd go down to Cronulla High and demand that they return all school fees.
Maybe you should ask for a refund on your English fees, as your school didn't teach comprehension. The last time our two teams met was at Shark Park in Round 23, when we beat you 25-16. :D

Better luck next time!!

Jimbo,

Wouldn't your time be better spent helping Ando located the winning culture at The Swamp, or posting topics on your own forum about the 37th or whatever year it's been without a Premiership for you lot rather than annoying all and sundry in here with your tired, little arguments??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Yes Jumbo has a small and insignificant victory. I thought the post read 'last two times the teams met' but I was in error.

Given the history of the Scum, this news will no doubt be rushed down to Woolaware and posted on the clubhouse wall as a defining turning point in the 'winning culture' of Scumnulla.

Perhaps it will be immortalised in that empty glass box which they used to call a trophy cabinet. It will be afterall, the only thing Scum supporters have had to cheer about for quite sometime. :lol:

I can't take it anymore, it's affecting my health - Ando

Alan Shore

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:
It's going to feel so good watching your ex-coach & play-maker playing in the Preliminary Final, whilst your idiot players are dressed as firemen, directing traffic & your coach is off in the garage looking for the "winning culture" he misplaced somewhere...

I have no idea why someone from the most unsuccessful club in football history would try to rip on the club that has won more Grand Finals than any other. There's something in the water down in The Shire, obviously.

Cheers,
Ben S.

We didn't. We mentioned St George, the winner of the most Grand Finals in Sydney, NSWRL, ARL, NRL, whatever history.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Souths have 20!

Besides, St.George are DEAD.

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Souths have 20!
No they dont... Souths have 20 premierships... NOT 20 Grand Finals wins.
Souths have only 9 grand final wins. Saints have 15 Grand Final wins.
Fair dinkum... does it have to be spelled out in crayon?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Souths have 20!
No they dont... Souths have 20 premierships... NOT 20 Grand Finals wins.
Souths have only 9 grand final wins. Saints have 15 Grand Final wins.
Fair dinkum... does it have to be spelled out in crayon?

Quite possibly - he is a Scummer, after all...

Cheers,
Ben S.

dead ball

Juniors

and then

Yes Jumbo has a small and insignificant victory. I thought the post read 'last two times the teams met' but I was in error

It doesn't get better than that . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
dead ball said:
It doesn't get better than that . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You just proved my point Dead ball. :lol: :lol:
Go kick a field goal and then hang it in your trophy cabinet.... :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm referring to a field goal attempt when a team is 60-something behind. And then their supporters think its a good tactic. :lol: :lol:

74-4.. it doesnt get better than that.... :lol:

Ribs

Bench
Yeah, to be honest I was really disappointed with the loss to the sharks in round 23, but looking at our results for the few weeks following that game, we were gone anyway with the injuries and lost 4 in a row. That 74 - 4 loss though really gave me a lift, a beautiful ending to a bad few weeks. The fact that these morons continually regurgitated the old 70 - 10 loss to Melbourne as a historic embarassment meant that it was so so so much of an embarrassment to themselves that the 70 - 10 loss now seems a poor cousin. 74 - 4. You sad, pathetic, premiershipless, 15 year old female fan base, wont travel past Kogarah, play in a swamp, cant make a grand final f**king jokes.

I do see a lot of comment based on the record of Saints vs Shanks since the merger, but the fact is that we lose to shite teams. We lose to the Cowboys, we lose to the Tigers and we lose to the Shanks. We dont lift when we play opposition teams that are pathetic, which isnt something to be proud of but will be fixed soon enough. We really need to stop losing to the lower end of the comp after beating the likes of Penrith, Brisbane, Roosters etc.

74 - 4. You could have at least got the field goal you pathetic nuffies.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:
Tamazoid said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Souths have 20!

Besides, St.George are DEAD.

The most ridiculous fans in the comp are sharks fans. Fair dinkum,. What the hell have they go to crow about.

If the dragons are a new club. The certainly look to have a brighter future than the sharks do.

You dont have to be einstein to work out that they will one day fold. Or Move on to Greener pastures INTERSTATE.

LOL..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ribs

Bench
The comebacks from these clowns are priceless. 46 minute match? The record books say 74 - 4. Seventy-four to four.

Like I said before, we always seem to put in a poor effort against teams that are crap, its a problem we are addressing.

Jimbo

Immortal
Ribs said:
Like I said before, we always seem to put in a poor effort against teams that are crap, its a problem we are addressing.

You've been trying to address that for years now. And it won't get any better until you stop relying on Illawarra players feeling false pride in a dead club's jumper. Red V pride is as dead as the St George Dragons themselves :lol:

Ribs

Bench
Get some new material Jimbo, that one is getting very old. Its been said a thousand times by supporters of every other team and its as pathetic now as it was in 1999. St George is very much alive as St George Illawarra and I am quite happy to have players from Illawarra in the team. As for talking about pride in a jumper, you may notice the red V is very much a respected and famous jumper as opposed to the shite your players wear, which changes every year. What will it be next year? How does it feel to follow a club on death row?

Dead club walking................

Seventy four to four.

Latest posts