What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Captain Phillips - 8/10

Even though the story is probably not exactly true, the film itself is brilliant IMO. Well played by Hanks

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Watched GOTG today, gets a big meh from me.

Definitely has it's funny moments and some of the characters are quite clever but in general it seemed like a pretty run of the mill sci-fi movie. Story line has been done a hundred times before and the special effects weren't anything out of the ordinary.

I'm not familiar with the comics but I'm guessing it was written in the hype of the Star Wars boom? I was getting that vibe throughout. Also the villains in this just reminded me a lot of ones from Thor.

It's not a bad film and wouldn't advise anyone not to see it but I just don't think it's anywhere near as good as the raps it's been getting.

mackdadday

Juniors
Amazing how many of his films dealt in suicide.. Dead Poets, Father of the Year, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams all come quickly to mind. Fisher King delved near those mirky waters too. First joke in Good morning vietnam was on the topic too. Eerie.

My appreciation of this fine man has been growing by the hour.

Death to Smoochy. 7/10. Yet another film where Robins character is on the verge of suicide :shock: A film that has its moments but after Dead Poets, G Morning, Vietnam and Patch Adams just not quite in the same league.

natheel

Coach
Death to Smoochy. 7/10. Yet another film where Robins character is on the verge of suicide :shock: A film that has its moments but after Dead Poets, G Morning, Vietnam and Patch Adams just not quite in the same league.

Great movie though

Slowly going through his movies even the kids ones

Watched since his passing

Birdcage
Flubber
Hook
Jumanji
Old Dogs

Next is death to smoochy

bileduct

Coach
Guardians of the Galaxy.

I thought the previews to this looked lame, and only went because I had free tickets but I found myself really enjoying it from beginning to end.

Easily in the top two or three films of the various Marvel screen adaptations so far.

mackdadday

Juniors
Noah...Hope they make a sequel with Jafa 'replenishing' the earth with a bird or something :) Enjoyed Noahs small wino stint on the beach more than anything and i thought Hermiones D & M with her grandfather then walking about 7 metres away and shagging her husband was all class too. 6.5/10

mackdadday

Juniors
Lucy. Starring Scarletts boobs and much silliness. Girlfriend sat next to me seething at the quality of the films storyline whilst i enjoyed immensely. Do yourselves a treat and turn of your brain for 100 minutes and watch this. I believe the antagonist may have been the chap from the original version of Old Boy. 7/10

Aragorn

First Grade
Lucy. Starring Scarletts boobs and much silliness. Girlfriend sat next to me seething at the quality of the films storyline whilst i enjoyed immensely. Do yourselves a treat and turn of your brain for 100 minutes and watch this. I believe the antagonist may have been the chap from the original version of Old Boy. 7/10

what i want to know is - boobs meaning cleavage or boobs means the whole sha-bang?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Good Will Hunting- Swept up in the recent Robin Williams tragedy like so many others I have been compelled to watch some if his movies this last week. Good Will Hunting even though arguably his most famous film/role I had never previously seen. Nice movie wih Williams being specifically brilliant, It is a little predictable in parts but it is a moving picture and all the main actors are just perfect in their roles. Launched the careers of Affleck, Damon and Skarsgard but it is funny that Minnie Driver who I thought was very good has never really reached the same heights since 7/10.

Inbetweeners 2- Massive fan of the series and thoroughly enjoyed the first film. This second one starts a tad over the top and annoyingly unfunny and could have easily turned out to be a pile of rubbish. Howver the story grows throughout and the famous Inbetweeners charm and genuine laugh out loud toilet humour reappears. Lots of awkwardness, lots of laughs and most of all a constant thought of ' I'm so f*cking glad I'm not watching this with my mum' moments, which points out that if you are a fan of the series you won't be too disappointed 6.5/10

jargan83

Coach
what i want to know is - boobs meaning cleavage or boobs means the whole sha-bang?

My girlfriend saw this this arvo while I was out on the turps and my first question was did you see Scarlett Johanssen'sboobs to which she replied "nope".

I assume it's cleavage only.

Red Bear

Referee
The Worlds End

The story line is absolutely ridiculous, it honestly must have been written by an 18 year old Acid dropper.

Put that to one side though and it's pretty bloody entertaining. Recommend to have a few brews of your own while watching it, adds to the mood.
Was so disappointed in this film.

Have rewatched Hot Fuzz and currently watching Shaun of the Dead, which are just so much better.

Watched Inbetweeners 2 today. Plot was nothing much, enjoyed it though, some hilarious moments

Status
Not open for further replies.