What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Saw Jumanji 2 and was pleasently surprised. Wasn't sure what I was in for but the story flowed on very well and had very good character development. Jack Black and the Rock played their roles superbly. I would recommend it.

Wouldn't call an M rated movies with flirting, sex references and penis jokes a kids movie.

99CF116C-BEB6-412B-9683-7DF807AC3CCE.png
Maybe switch to pads, Mildred. You’re tammy sounds way too tight.

It’s PG.

Flirting and penis jokes! Oh my stars! :triumph:

DC_fan

Coach
I have seen The Greatest Showman (6),Paddington Bear 2 (7), The Post (9) and the Darkest Hour (9) in the past month. The Post and the Darkets Hour were brilliant, hence the high rating. Gary Oldman will win the Oscar for best actor. Paddington was quite enjoyable. The Greatest Showman was full of energy and had a great soundtrack, but not a good a movie that Hugh Jackman fans want to make out.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
To The Bone 7/10 - Interesting insight for those who don't know much about anorexia. Held up by performances more than plot.

Moms & Dads
3/10.
The ever accelerating decline of Nicolas Cage's acting career .
He doesn't even try ....woeful performance in a ordinary movie

The story if made by someone with talent could have very good .

Something setting off parents which makes them murder their own children .They are still fine around everybody else ..
Not a bad plot ..just terribly done

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Kong Skull Island - not a bad popcorn flick 6.5/10

Major negative was Tom Hiddlestones performance which was that of a pot plant and there was just too many pointless characters that weren’t needed

Frederick

Staff member
Finally got around to seeing Gran Torino, really good movie. Looking through Wikipedia, I’ve hardly seen any of Eastwood’s directorial movies. Watched Torino and Sully lately and really enjoyed both, should get around to seeing his other ones too.
Just went through the list myself and have only seen 4 movies he's directed...Space Cowboys, Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby and Invictus. Enjoyed all of them, think I might start watching more of his stuff.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Collateral Beauty - 7/10

Can definitely jerk a tear. Don't understand the critics issue with the film, its nowhere near as bad as the papers make it out to be

PJ

First Grade
3 Billboards.

Good story, well written and brilliant acting.

Best film I've seen in a long while.

Life's Good

Coach
Watched Gangster Squad recently. Really strong cast (Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone) but I thought there wasn’t a lot of depth in the storyline with the movie held together by some good acting. If you can get past the make up applied to Sean Penn you will find it ok. 6/10.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
CHiPs - 7/10

Surprisingly hilarious for a cliche cop comedy. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Michael Pena is producing the goods lately

Life's Good

Coach
The Town 8/10.
A story about a gang of bank robbers from the wrong side of a Boston suburb who get in over their heads. Ben Affleck is really good in the lead and is matched by Jeremy Renner who plays the ‘nothing to lose’ sidekick.
I will watch it again soon.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Greatest Showman, the jury is out, I enjoyed it but I didn’t love it, some of it was genuine and touching,some of it was way over the top and some of the back grounds looked so fake. Glad I saw it but it is probably one movie I wouldn’t watch again.

axl rose

Bench
Thor: Ragnarok- rather underwhelming. Few laughs but meh never a franchise that hooked me in.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Watched The Commuter last night.

5.5/10.

Those fight scenes were so bad with Neeson. Looked very badly put together and finished. The story of the film was interesting enough though

Zoidberg

First Grade
Avatar. Despite being hated upon a bit over the years (probably just because of the money it made) it is a good movie still.
It’s a bit long but has some great moments and the fx still look good, not great.
Hopefully the sequels can cut out some of the fluff and be better.