What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which half would you choose?

If you could sign a half for 2017

• Blake Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benji Marshall

• Corey Norman

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Peter Wallace

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Anthony Milford

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Cooper Cronk

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Moses Mbye

• Adam Reynolds (breaks contract)

• Mitchell Pearce (breaks contract)

• Jamie Soward (breaks contract)

• No Signing, Rankin to move to halves

• Re-sign Littlejohn or Drinkwater to partner

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep... we seen the old Brooks tonight .. the one with potential . Im not sure what it is but he seems to be under less pressure without Moses . Maybe it is Moses's competitive nature that makes Brooks feel as tho they competing against each other ?
I think Brooks like being the sole general, he relishes the responsibility.

Moses takes half of that away from him, so Moses only plays half as well.

Aside from that, Brooks loves option runners. Moses isn't one and that hurts Brooks' creativity as well. Tonight he had Lawrence following him around and when you have one of the best line runners in the game hanging around you, it turns sliding defences into stationary defences. That gives Brooks the opportunity he likes.

Watch how many times he waited for Lawrence, Simona or Naiqama to commit to running a good line, the Souths defence stops sliding and then he used his pace to get outside his man and create an overlap.

He did it nearly every time in the first 30 mins

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think Brooks playing well had anything to do with Moses being out. Brooks was running it hard against Canberra but he just got shut out of the game. He was good today especially because he put in a tonne of good kicks and I didn't see any poor options being taken.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Brooks playing well had anything to do with Moses being out. Brooks was running it hard against Canberra but he just got shut out of the game. He was good today especially because he put in a tonne of good kicks and I didn't see any poor options being taken.
Brooks running game has never been an issue.

Tonight Farah was allowed to run more from dummy half which helped our forwards gain some momentum which afforded Brooks some space.

As I said, having an extra option runner following him around also gave him time.

Moses plays almost entirely laterally. It does not mesh with Brooks' who plays more direct and a bit flatter.

Moses also calls for the ball a lot, many times overcalling Brooks.

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree that Brooks has a good running game but he hasn't to me seemed like he was running hard apart from the last 2 games. Robbie was great tonight. He still made a poor play but he competes all game and he can create a lot out of dummy half. He is still a quality player. I reckon Taylor has used him incorrectly all as a power play since he has been here.

I think Moses can be a gun player and so can Brooks but they both have to perform well consistently and work on their flaws.

BrotherJim05

Bench
After seeing such an improved performance with a capable defender playing as a ball-running 5/8....maybe Sironen back at 5/8?

Tiger05

First Grade
After seeing such an improved performance with a capable defender playing as a ball-running 5/8....maybe Sironen back at 5/8?

I'm not sold on it. At least defensively he would have it together but I'd want to see him bust the line and show a bit more speed.

TiggaPlease

Farah obviously relished having his creative freedom back, I thought he was immense.

It was awesome to see Brooks kicking long and for position rather than the old midfield bomb.

We should certainly turf one of the halves, I'm not sure which one though. If Brooks can keep playing like he did last night then the answer won't be hard.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah obviously relished having his creative freedom back, I thought he was immense.

It was awesome to see Brooks kicking long and for position rather than the old midfield bomb.

We should certainly turf one of the halves, I'm not sure which one though. If Brooks can keep playing like he did last night then the answer won't be hard.

Brooks kicking game was so much better. The chip kick. The grubbers that went into the in-goal mixed up with bombs.

The Rosco

Bench
Souths were garbage last night. They'll need Moses back.

Witty . . . I don't want to upset you. I like you, in a roundabout sort of way.
I have a daughter, so I feel I understand where you're coming from.
Now I repeat, I don't want to upset you.
Look at last night clinically. Did we honestly miss Moses ? :shock:
Take down the posters of him on your bedroom wall. Forget how hot he looks.
As a footy team, did we miss him ?
Be a truth teller.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd keep them both, but not on the coin they are supposedely asking for, unless it's an incentive deal.

But one or both need to go back to reserves and learn what FG is all about.

wittyfan

Referee
Witty . . . I don't want to upset you. I like you, in a roundabout sort of way.
I have a daughter, so I feel I understand where you're coming from.
Now I repeat, I don't want to upset you.
Look at last night clinically. Did we honestly miss Moses ? :shock:
Take down the posters of him on your bedroom wall. Forget how hot he looks.
As a footy team, did we miss him ?
Be a truth teller.

The team didn't seem to miss Teddy too much in the second half as well, does he have to be replaced too???

Moses will be back as soon as he's fit.

Tigerted

Juniors
Wittyfan I know the following facts r beyond ur myopic ability to comprehend:

Without Teddys contribution in 1st half we would've lost the match.

Had Moses played we would've lost the match.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
They missed Teddy big time in the second half. Just look at Nofo's fumble of the bomb to gift Goodwin a try. If Teddy was there Souffs would never have got close.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'd lean on the side of keeping Brooks. I'd say there is more to work with in Brooks' game in terms of running structures and improving his kicking game.

I don't think we can keep both as they just don't seem to compliment each other well enough.

If we keep Moses we then need to buy a seasoned hard headed half to keep things in check.

Latest posts