What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

• Kevin Walters

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Garth Brennan

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben & Shane Walker

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other not listed.

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters

kbw

Bench
Great signing by the Titans, alot of people in the game respect him including players

Pedge1971

First Grade
It's probably with an eye to that if a new owner takes on the club, it's not expensive to get rid of him if things turn sour. Most other coaches getting a mention would be on considerable more coin, and whether they have the ability to turn this around is questionable.

I am not convincrd there is too much to turn around tbf. One certain ex world class player either needs to change his attitude and form or get out and let them return to the team that won games on work ethic and heart in 2016.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I'm starting to think Michael Maguire didn't really want the job. It was stated very clearly that Titans would be appointing a coach before making a decision on ownership.

Because Maguire is such a hot commodity and he still has two years left on his contract to be payed out at Souths- I'm tending to think he wait for a situation which has a couple things going for it 1) Pay him a high figure 2) Team already has a winning roster 3) Team has plenty of money to spend for players.

Titans never really fitted in that criteria despite the potential on the roster. Maguire could wait for a prospect like that comes around before choosing. Whether It proves that he is a great coach is another question.

All the best for Titans with Garth Brennan, I tend to think he was the best choice from the choices they could realistically go with.

Fair point...

Bellemy might be looking to move on from Melbourne soon. 15 years is a long stint and he's about to lose the last of his Big 3.

Madge seems like the obvious choice to take over.

POPEYE

Coach
Brennan is the best choice because he's got a good resume and he's 'new' . . . RL needs all the new it can get

RazorRam0n

Juniors
maguire was never a chance, they would have known their budget well before henry was sacked, and with his termination in the courts and still under administration, they were no chance of more funds

Dogs Of War

Coach
I am not convincrd there is too much to turn around tbf. One certain ex world class player either needs to change his attitude and form or get out and let them return to the team that won games on work ethic and heart in 2016.

The halves haven't stepped up like they should have. So many things going wrong in the club. It's not an easy thing to turn around. Take a look at the Tigers for example. They had great young talent, but developing that into something substantial takes a strong leader. It will be interesting to say the least.

Vee

First Grade
........ so?

Tyrone has huge deficiencies in his game. Good for depth but not as your first grade half.
What deficiencies? I rate him in attack but admit I'm no judge of defence. If I was the Cowboys recruitment chief, I would have gone after him ahead of Martin (mind you, having watched Michael Morgan in the lower grades for years, I couldn't believe they kept re-signing him, the best evidence. I can offer for my ability to pick winners LOL. Though I did see JT13 and nailed him as a future star before anyone else knew his name.)

Spot On

Coach
He is a very poor defender Vee.

Kicking game is ok.

Loves the show and go - trademark but has little else. Like a lot of players - he needs broken play to stand out.

I don't think he's much of an organiser.

ESL will suit him.

Notice no NRL clubs jumped at the chance to sign him?