What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Its being reported that Tuimoala Lolohea has been given permission to talk to clubs for this year.

I am not sure whats going on at the Warriors and why this guy cannot get a start, but he is 22, plays any position in the backline equally well, defensively he is sound and does all his own tackling, safe under the high ball and is as talented as they come with a bit of lair about him.

Sign him now and you can get rid of Moses this year and potentially play him at fullback next year.

Lolohea may have to settle for centre or fullback if he came to the WT now that we have signed Reynolds.I was told L.Mitchell had a blow up at the Rorters coach for not being picked at fullback when the position was used to entice him to sign with the chooks,both would be of value to our club.

Clifferd

Coach
Its being reported that Tuimoala Lolohea has been given permission to talk to clubs for this year.

I am not sure whats going on at the Warriors and why this guy cannot get a start, but he is 22, plays any position in the backline equally well, defensively he is sound and does all his own tackling, safe under the high ball and is as talented as they come with a bit of lair about him.

Sign him now and you can get rid of Moses this year and potentially play him at fullback next year.

He should be our next priority signing

polskipantsless

Juniors
Lolohea may have to settle for centre or fullback if he came to the WT now that we have signed Reynolds.I was told L.Mitchell had a blow up at the Rorters coach for not being picked at fullback when the position was used to entice him to sign with the chooks,both would be of value to our club.

Isnt Mitchell meant to be going Roosters? Tho maybe their last performance has turned him off.

Crazyperpman

Juniors

I dont want to put the horse in front of the cart, but this guy is only 22 and has shown he can play in the halves and also at fullback at NRL level. It is not beyond the realms of possibility he could play fullback for a couple of years and move into the halves.

Having said that I would also take Mitchell in a heartbeat, both are top long term prospects.

Clifferd

Coach
We can't bank on potential these days anymore but I'd be willing to chuck 400-500k at lolohea

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Are you basing this off youtube highlights or actually watching games because his poor defense and inability to catch the high ball (or let it bounce) is why most Warriors fans are happy for him to leave.

Tui has a lot of potential but mentally needs a ton of work. Will be rocks and diamonds for awhile but if persevered with could be quality.

rabbitohs95

Bench
yep, my mate whos a huge souffs fan reckons one of the biggest keys to their success in 2012-2015 was that a lot of their better players i.e burgiiX3, issac luke, asotasi etc never got lost to origin. during that time you get teams missing their stars while your still strong, plus they dont get the 'origin hangover' which seems to effect sides with lots of them.
Exactly right. Ive never in my whole short life of supporting Souths been worried in the Origin period because of that.

Clifferd

Coach
Are you basing this off youtube highlights or actually watching games because his poor defense and inability to catch the high ball (or let it bounce) is why most Warriors fans are happy for him to leave.

Tui has a lot of potential but mentally needs a ton of work. Will be rocks and diamonds for awhile but if persevered with could be quality.

Don't tell us that

We only want the good news

Crazyperpman

Juniors

I think the consensus of Warriors fans is he is very talented, full of potential and has been poorly coached by Mcfadden and disregarded by Kearney, The thing to remember is good players can get demoted from first grade and not because they are deficient in any way. Look at ET at the Panthers.

I am not going to tell you I have watched every Warriors game in the last 2 years, but I have seen a few and had a wrap on Lolohea for a while and I think IC could get him to where he needs to be. I have not seen any hesitation under the high ball (But there was a trend last year to let them bounce) and his defense at the back and in the front line is good, he may need some work reading the play if in the outside backs, but hell our current outside backs cant do that now.

Clifferd

Coach
I think the consensus of Warriors fans is he is very talented, full of potential and has been poorly coached by Mcfadden and disregarded by Kearney, The thing to remember is good players can get demoted from first grade and not because they are deficient in any way. Look at ET at the Panthers.

I am not going to tell you I have watched every Warriors game in the last 2 years, but I have seen a few and had a wrap on Lolohea for a while and I think IC could get him to where he needs to be. I have not seen any hesitation under the high ball (But there was a trend last year to let them bounce) and his defense at the back and in the front line is good, he may need some work reading the play if in the outside backs, but hell our current outside backs cant do that now.

Tbf I've seen tremendous improvement in Brooks in under 2 weeks with IC. If there's a coach that can get a lot out of a player it's him

The WT seem to be shedding props,i think we may need a couple of more props,whilst we have signed BM we have also lost Woods,while Ava and Grant are supposedly also on the way out for next season.

Clifferd

Coach
The WT seem to be shedding props,i think we may need a couple of more props,whilst we have signed BM we have also lost Woods,while Ava and Grant are supposedly also on the way out for next season.

I think we are relying heavily on Tatola and Felise to make the big Step up

Another experienced prop like Packer wouldn't hurt

Radical Rat

Juniors
I'm starting to get very keen on Connor Watson as a replacement fullback. He's only 20, lightning quick and has all the skills as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tbf I've seen tremendous improvement in Brooks in under 2 weeks with IC. If there's a coach that can get a lot out of a player it's him
The improvement in brooks over the last fortnite has been astonishing.Where the f**k has that been over the last 3 yrs !

If Brooks continues to improve under IC & hence delivers consistent quality performances then we will play finals footy & become a contender sooner than later.

Clifferd

Coach
The improvement in brooks over the last fortnite has been astonishing.Where the f**k has that been over the last 3 yrs !

If Brooks continues to improve under IC & hence delivers consistent quality performances then we will play finals footy & become a contender sooner than later.

Natural ability being coached out of his game by a rookie coach. Finally we have an experienced coach that knows what he's doing

Even under Potter Brooks was pretty good. Regressed heavily under Taylor

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Taylor was a really bad coach. He has handled himself well after getting shafted but geez he was a huge part of the problem.

twinkletoes

Juniors
5th Tackle reporting that Teddy has backflipped on his deal with Roosters and will sign with Eels. Could be going immediately with a straight swap for Clint Guthertson

Latest posts