What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11666414

Lolohea had responded well to the changes and McFadden was confident his short-lived stint on the pine was enough to provoke the desired improvements in his play.

"He's so talented and he's still very young. It was a nice little freshen-up for Tui and I expect him to really respond, as he did on the weekend.

Confirmation that Supercoach McFadden believes Tui's 25-min stint has made all the difference.

JJ

Immortal
:lol: :lol:

Nah, think the translation more accurately is "well, I f**ked that up, and Lolohea will play 80 minutes this weekend"

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Something must have happened off field, it's the only excuse McFad could have

That's the only plausible reason...but I'm more inclined to think he just made the changes because he thought they were the best ones to make. There's a long history of this guy making bone-headed selection decisions. Then rather than say 'I made a mistake by picking Wright' he says that Tui learned shitloads out of a 25-min stint where he touched the ball 3 times.

JJ

Immortal
feeble attempt to cover one's arse one way, feeble attempt to cover Tui's the other

but yeah, bone headed selection tinkering is the hall mark of McFadden

Big Marn

Juniors
Andrew McFadden is set make a late change by putting Ben Matulino on the wing in todays game against the Titans.
When asked about this positional change by reporters, McFadden responded " Ben is one of the quickest men in our team. For a big man he gets across the ground very quickly. Its been on my mind for a long time to try Ben out there as a sort of Manu Mk2."
When advised by reporters that he already has Maumalo on the wing as a Manu Mk2, McFadden replied " Well Manu Mk 3 then. Look. what better way to start a set then with a prop. It makes sense doesnt it? You guys wait and see. Its a brilliant idea."

Blair

Coach
Andrew McFadden is set make a late change by putting Ben Matulino on the wing in todays game against the Titans.
When asked about this positional change by reporters, McFadden responded " Ben is one of the quickest men in our team. For a big man he gets across the ground very quickly. Its been on my mind for a long time to try Ben out there as a sort of Manu Mk2."
When advised by reporters that he already has Maumalo on the wing as a Manu Mk2, McFadden replied " Well Manu Mk 3 then. Look. what better way to start a set then with a prop. It makes sense doesnt it? You guys wait and see. Its a brilliant idea."

OH MY GODD,,, MACFADDINS LOST THE PLOT FINALY,,,,THATS IT IM OUTA HERE!!

Hang on a sec...that's funny.

One Warrior

Bench

Don't joke , lol.

JJ

Immortal
No one, clearly he's the best coach we've had since Matt Elliott. Wouldn't be surprised if the extended his contract again...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Dont be surprised if Cappy invites us to a karaoke bar and sings and dances to us MC Hammers "U cant touch this".

This thread is 39 pages!

No one, clearly he's the best coach we've had since Matt Elliott. Wouldn't be surprised if the extended his contract again...

I think if he makes the 8 he is safe, especially with the injury to RTS get out of jail free card.
But lets hope they wait till then.

Penrose_11

Juniors
If we don't make the 8, will he go?? What if we just scrape in? Should he go then??

To me, it's like he doesn't coach game plans and tactic's. If he does, I'm unsure the players that matter are buying into it.

Leber

Bench
He isn't a terrible coach... He's better than Elliot and is improving, it's just the dumb selection decisions. Twice now... He's had Lolohea on the bench. No other NRL coach would do that.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lara Pitt just said that McFadden was asked about Lolohea and wouldn't talk about it, that says enough about the guys ability as a coach for me