What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

One Warrior

Bench
You have a match winner in Lolohea on the bench the entire game, he doesn't get on the field in normal time, comes on after a minute of extra time, has one run and then Cherry Evans kicks the field goal . WTF McFadden what was the point in that, Cappy simply has no idea about running the bench, what has Tui done wrong, Surely he could of been given 15 minutes at the end of each half with tired defences, we were allover them in the second half, Cappy lost us that game, he has to go.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Firstly, my main issue is not the Tui on the bench thing. Who else was in Perth? Was there another forward to be on the bench when we saw the weather was shocking? I'm not a fan of pulling on a back to break a game open late in torrential rain. That's not to say I'm not enjoying the blowtorch going on McFadden on social media, however. I dunno, I'm not so fired up about that.

My issue is again in selection. Lillyman is ruled out and we go with f**king Charlie Gubb and James Gavet as our starting props??!? Gubb ran for 31 metres. THIRTY ONE. Gavet wasn't much better in his first stint, and both were hooked in the first 15 minutes when presumably McFadden saw it was a poor decision. Again, you have a potential world class prop who rides the pine and you leave two inexperienced guys who have played a lot of NSW Cup this year as your starting props v the in-form Lussick and Taupau. Now I'm not suggesting that directly correlates to Manly's start...but you're 12-0 down inside 15 minutes. Ben absolutely HAD to start. But nah he gets dragged on, again when the coach realises he's f**ked up.

And why is Gubb a prop now? He was named at 13 only last week or whenever it was, was he not? Honestly, Meth is right (and so am I) - he's crap. Absolute plodder with a Thor haircut. That spot should have been Sipley's. And I believe I'm right on Lisone too. Downhill skiier, overrated footballer. I reckon if we checked out his votes, they'd all be against bottom 8 teams. He is a very unintelligent footballer, no better evidenced by the field goal debacle (for which SJ, as great as I thought he controlled that match as a whole, deserves scorn as well). Has skills, will probably get better, but for now is a liability.

This guy McFadden is still going to be there in 2017. I know it. And I said it a couple of weeks ago, I hate that I am in a situation where I am dying for our side to get back to finals footy - I absolutely crave being there again after 5 years - but I know that's a free ticket to 2017 for a shit coach who has no idea.

vvvrulz

Coach
The worst thing about the Tui situation is that we're fielding Maumalo, who had a shocker as predicted on wing duty. How did Tui lose at least the wing spot?

I'm really starting to think something off-field is going on here.

ozbash

Referee
I thought Ken went ok when compared to Manu. .
It shows Cappy's ineptitude having a game breaker decorating the bench for 81 minutes... Guy is an idiot.

JJ

Immortal
Manu was more effective ball in hand, but the errors were big black marks - thing is we know Manu needs time and is a great NRL winger (still, potentially, IMO)

But yeah, McFadden is brain dead - if you have Lolohea on the bench, surely you have a plan to use him??? How could he not be on the field?!?!?!?!?

FFS, Daley got shit for his token use of Walker in SOO, but Walker was kind of pointless - Lolohea is valuable from the bench, but he has to get on the field

vvvrulz

Coach
Gavet only got 26 minutes, only Tui played less, and he still made more metres than Gubb.

He can rightfully complain he doesn't get a consistent run, and showed glimpses of some decent footy early in the season. Gubb has been a regular and done sfa

vvvrulz

Coach
THAT'S his reason?

Even more appalling is pretty much admitting Tui wouldn't have played at all if Ayshford was uninjured.

We have two very flawed wingers who make up their often comical ineptitude with strong carries, filling in a role that forwards should be doing anyway, and that keeps out a far more competent winger?

Maumalo was exposed badly twice in a row (Ayshford also to blame, but that doesn't excuse Ken).
Then he was a wildly out of position when Fus made a break and set him up beautifully.
Doesn't always chase and when he does is often not in the right spot.

Manu had an average night, kept finding the sideline, couldn't find Kata, I remember a bad dropsie.

Here's a tip, if you're worried about your go forward, don't waste bench spots with backs and Tevaga (good player, but surplus right now).

Meth

Staff member
I'm not too worried about Tevaga playing...he made a crucial error, but beyond that, he looked good. And, the game was in Perth- our options were limited. Whatever.

Meth

Staff member
Manu had an average night, kept finding the sideline, couldn't find Kata, I remember a bad dropsie.

Not to mention that boneheaded bloody penalty that he conceded after nailed Buhrer just before half time.

Manu and McFadden days are numbered.

Plus Johnson is annoying not taking kicking duties. If he ain't fit to kick or take responsibility then rest in the Ressies

When that Princess going to heal? Round 26 when we have nothing to play for

Rich102

Staff member
Don't agree. Fus is much safer at the back than Lolo. He did a lot of work behind Manu yesterday. Plus he has safe hands.
Yet to be convinced by Lolo. Too hit and miss.

Leber

Bench
Fus is much safer on the wing under the high ball. He's a natural winger, natural finisher and can use his size by coming in and making a big run every now and then aka Manu.

Lolo is much better at controlling play and he can do that at the back. His best games have been at fb,

vvvrulz

Coach
Fus is a far better defender at fullback than Tui, safe under the high ball too. Best suited at #1

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
So cappy really likes Ken. We also have the supremely talented Lolohea who needs to be on the field.

Why, why, why, why isnt Ken starting on the bench and coming on as a second rower and Lolohea starting on the wing? And in case if a backline injury Ken can go the 3/4 line?

All Ken has showed so far in grade is the ability to take tough carries, get Up when he gets smashed and have another run, not enough speed for the wing and no desire to catch bombs in attack.

Logic says swap Ken and tui if you have to have both in the team, at least that way we can get more mileage out of our bench.

Am I missing something here? Is there a reason why this wouldn't work?

Edit: apologies just saw this discussion in the team thread, will take it up there.