What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

jaseg

Juniors
Cappy worried about metres, but picking Gubb over Sipley?

Why, why, why, why isnt Ken starting on the bench and coming on as a second rower and Lolohea starting on the wing? And in case if a backline injury Ken can go the 3/4 line?

All Ken has showed so far in grade is the ability to take tough carries, get Up when he gets smashed and have another run, not enough speed for the wing and no desire to catch bombs in attack.

Logic says swap Ken and tui if you have to have both in the team, at least that way we can get more mileage out of our bench.

This.

This this this this this.

Or Fus on the wing & Tui at fullback (it makes our team better...), can shift things around if someone goes down but otherwise Maumalo can play forwards off the bench and take hitups.. the only value he brings to this team. Potentially cost us another try this week.

Meth

Staff member
To be fair, out of our best four metre eating props, two were unavailable on the weekend. It doesn't matter which way you slice it, we were always going to be a little bit exposed with Gubb and Gavet in those roles (though starting both of them was odd)

vvvrulz

Coach
Would have been a perfect opportunity for Lane and Sipley to get some game time, rather than McFad's genius idea of wings playing forwards and benched backs doing nothing.

Meth

Staff member
Would have been a perfect opportunity for Lane and Sipley to get some game time, rather than McFad's genius idea of wings playing forwards and benched backs doing nothing.

yeeessss, but to be fair Lane and Sipley weren't in Perth and Thompson and Lillyman were late withdrawals- obviously the latter could have been forecasted and I don't really know the details of the former.

I am as keen as anybody to see some of the dead wood cleared out, but Perth is a factor this time around.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Things will be different when Stacey is in charge.

Blake was injured otherwise I had one of my best attackers getting splinters.....Crappy Cappy

JJ

Immortal
Genius indeed...

How happy can Brad Arthur be??? I'd be contacting him

was listening to the big sports breakfast this morning in sydney and they said the warriors have enquired about and are putting together a package for brad arthur

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
was listening to the big sports breakfast this morning in sydney and they said the warriors have enquired about and are putting together a package for brad arthur

I read this a week back on Sporting News (trash site). They probably recycled it. Brad Arthur is a guy of very high integrity, I don't think he's walking away from the Eels. What he's done this year is absolutely incredible. He loves those players and they love him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I had a look at Sipley's numbers, just for interest's sake.

I didn't watch the Dragons game but he played 10 minutes apparently (!). Made two tackle busts, a line break and 42m from 4 runs, while Charlie Spudd made 42 from 7 runs. Then made 75m from 7 runs v the Roosters, with two tackle busts.

For god's sake Andrew McFailden, get game time into this kid. Get him fit for the rigours of the NRL.

Skinner

Coach
I read this a week back on Sporting News (trash site). They probably recycled it. Brad Arthur is a guy of very high integrity, I don't think he's walking away from the Eels. What he's done this year is absolutely incredible. He loves those players and they love him.
Yep, that's the truth, if ever I heard it. He's a champion bloke and I can't see him walking away

playdaball

Bench
Isn't Cappy on notice? By this if they don't make the 8 he'll be history? If so the club should have been looking for a replacement by now. I wouldn't re new his contract. I'm unsure who I'd appoint but the likes of Walters, Toovey, Kearney, Dymock spring to mind with Arthur being the obvious choice - if available.

playdaball

Bench
Isn't Cappy on notice? By this if they don't make the 8 he'll be history? If so the club should have been looking for a replacement by now. I wouldn't re new his contract. I'm unsure who I'd appoint but the likes of Walters, Toovey, Kearney, Dymock spring to mind with Arthur being the obvious choice - if available.

Ivan Cleary is high on that list too

JJ

Immortal
I wonder if he's lonely, we need McLinden too, where is he?? Reunite the 'super' Macs I say

Blair

Coach
I wonder if he's lonely, we need McLinden too, where is he?? Reunite the 'super' Macs I say

You might be on to something. How about we recruit Steven McIvor as their communications manager?