What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny for me. Sheens or Brian Smith 2nd.

Bennett would only be short term and would then take all the junior talent. Plus we would have to accomodate Darius and Dugan is better than Boyd and Quinlan should be next in line. Bennett left Brisbane and they have struggled since. Same with Saints. Saints have won a GF so no need for short term fixes and long term pain like they are going through and have been fro the last 2+ years.

Plus I can't see Bennett staying away from the family much longer. Surely he will be pushing to go back to QLD.

If he did come back it would be good but only if it is his last gig before retirement otherwise he will just take the juniors with him when he is finished.

Bennett has made 2 ddreadful decsion that have cost us 1) releasing JMoz cause he was not good enough, and 2) recommending Price. Both shocking decisions that have cost the Saints big time.

kit66

Bench
SMH are running a story now saying we're seriously going after Bennett.
I can't read the whole story as I don't subscribe but that seems to be the gist of it.
I'd like to see Bennett back.

Minh

First Grade
SMH are running a story now saying we're seriously going after Bennett.
I can't read the whole story as I don't subscribe but that seems to be the gist of it.
I'd like to see Bennett back.

It'll be likened to the return of the King!!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I would like to see Wayne Bennett appointed in a new role of Director of Coaching and give him full power including recruiting. Head coach should be Brownie with both Hornby & Deano in charge of Cutters & U/20s. That way Bennett can ease back from the day to day coaching & simply implement & develop strong development systems.

possm

Coach
I would like to see Wayne Bennett appointed in a new role of Director of Coaching and give him full power including recruiting. Head coach should be Brownie with both Hornby & Deano in charge of Cutters & U/20s. That way Bennett can ease back from the day to day coaching & simply implement & develop strong development systems.

Imagine our backline if Bennett returned:

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Dugan
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall

With Bennett as coach that backline would be one of the best in the competition.

Now for the forwards. I think Bennett could whip the forwards into shape by re-installing the systems dismantled by Price. Bennett would also attract a good tough prop while at the same time weeding out those players who do not fit into his plans. Young forwards like De Belin, Stockwell, Bird and Lo Lo would greatly benefit from the gaining of Bennett's signature. Imagine a forward pack of:

New Prop
Garvey
Cooper
Proctor
Sims
De Belin

Merrin
Stockwell
Creagh
Frizell

Last edited:

wayne57

Juniors
Nathan Brown has had some time no longer a rookie
Tony Smith
Shaun Wane
Brian Smith with Jason Taylor as assistant
Not Henry, as his strike rate is only about 45%

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
Imagine our backline if Bennett returned:

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Dugan
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall

With Bennett as coach that backline would be on of the best in the competition.

Now for the forwards. I think Bennett could whip the forwards into shape by re-installing the systems dismantled by Price. Bennett would also attract a good tough prop while at the same time weeding out those players who do not fit into his plans. Young forwards like De Belin, Stockwell, Bird and Lo Lo would greatly benefit from the gaining of Bennett's signature. Imagine a forward pack of:

New Prop
Garvey
Cooper
Proctor
Sims
De Belin

Merrin
Stockwell
Creagh
Frizell

Pretty good team except Garvey has done nothing to earn a NRL position and if you want Merrin on the bench your high! Otherwise its a solid team but we have a much better team than the way we have performed. Hopefully things will improve now. Looking forward to finding out who the new coach will be

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Tony Smith
Jason Taylor
Neil Henry
Kevin Walters

Massive NO to the following

Nathan Brown
Tim Sheens
Laurie Daley
Brian Smith
Matt Elliott
Mary McGregor
Trent Barrett

KiamaSaint

Coach
Whoever voted for Henry please go check his coaching record seriously. Stopped just shouting out names cos someone else did!

But he has a 47% winning record over prices 37%... Our team will improve by 10%straight away....

47% is excellent considering the Cowboys never win away from home. That meant he would be at 50% at best. Given that you are not going to get a home semi with a 50% ratio and you will play all of them away from home, his stats keep getting better and better. He pretty much has a perfect coaching record when you take out the results away from home.

BrissyRedV

Bench
47% is excellent considering the Cowboys never win away from home. That meant he would be at 50% at best. Given that you are not going to get a home semi with a 50% ratio and you will play all of them away from home, his stats keep getting better and better. He pretty much has a perfect coaching record when you take out the results away from home.

That is some genius logic right there. Statistics are FACT. What you are talking about is hypothetical. If he was such a great coach a. Why could he not get what was a good cowboys team to win away? and b. Why would a club sack a great coach?

Shaun Wane - If they can afford him
Nathan Browne - If he wants to come back
Neil Henry - Is better than stats say JT was his down fall
Tony Smith - Has done pretty well in the ESL
Paul Anderson - Another pom whoes down well again comes down to $$$

BrissyRedV

Bench
Whoever is appointed, let's hope that all due diligence is taken prior to naming them.

On a side note I still hope Shaun Wane is in the running. Over the last few weeks Wigan has been struck by a massive injury toll and the players he has brought through have done well. It seems he is able to work with younger lads and bring through the ranks which would be ideal for us. Also, if picked up, he would have a great inside knowledge of some of the younger bigger lads coming through the ESL who want to test their metal in the NRL.