What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tezza1961

Juniors
Mick Potter off contract next year old dragons player and he had the balls to bench Benji and has turned tigers around. Shouldn't cost a fortune and a good long term proposition

The Rosco

Bench
Mick Potter off contract next year old dragons player and he had the balls to bench Benji and has turned tigers around. Shouldn't cost a fortune and a good long term proposition

. . . . Yeah, nah. You don't want to go upsetting Benji.
Marque signings tend to be a lil precious.
I think the saga of Benji and Sheens still has a couple of chapters to be written.
You should explore that route and re-unite them.
I'm sure God-King Dean will back me up on this one.

. . At least you got rid of Price. That was the first major step..

RedVDave

First Grade
In terms of realism/availability and preference I would have to go:

5. Neil Henry.
4. Jim Dymock
3. B. Smith
2. Jason Taylor
1. D. Anderson

TruSaint

Referee
Optimism only.

1. Benny
2. Smith
3. Nathan
4. Anderson
5. Sheens

No to
Daley / Taylor / McGregor / Young

Unsure
Anderson

TruSaint

Referee
WELL IT WON'T BE BENNETT OR DALEY... ( if this clown says it is ).

Triple M NRL's Gorden Tallis believes Laurie Daley and Wayne Bennett are the frontrunners for the vacant head coaching role at the St George Illawarra Dragons in 2015.

The 'Raging Bull' says the NSW Blues coach is a possible candidate along with Wayne Bennett who could make a return given the Newcastle Knights turmoil.

"The drums are beating loud for Laurie Daley… it all probably depends what happens in the state of Origin series.

"Wayne Bennett's name has been in the mix as well but there is some other great coaches sitting around waiting to coach the Red and White V," Tallis said.

Tallis believes whoever is the coach next season, the Dragons' players need to be held accountable following the sacking of coach Steve Price.

'I think the players have to have a good look at themselves, I think they've been really disappointing.'

'He (Steve Price) got left with an ageing roster but a lot of those guys haven't had a go for him."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...llis-picks-favourites-for-2015-dragons-coach/

GT0007

Juniors
47% is excellent considering the Cowboys never win away from home. That meant he would be at 50% at best. Given that you are not going to get a home semi with a 50% ratio and you will play all of them away from home, his stats keep getting better and better. He pretty much has a perfect coaching record when you take out the results away from home.

lol I take you're point but it's a stretch. The Cowboys and Warriors have both made the GF so they must win some games away from home. I really don't think that can be used as an excuse as Melb and Bronco's have managed just fine over the years. If anything its a negative as he should be overcome that obsticle as the 2 clubs I just mentioned have

GT0007

Juniors
That is some genius logic right there. Statistics are FACT. What you are talking about is hypothetical. If he was such a great coach a. Why could he not get what was a good cowboys team to win away? and b. Why would a club sack a great coach?

Agreed as per my reply above

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why is Daley even mentioned as a possibility?! He's coached 3 games at origin (won 1 lost 2) and 3 games as country coach and he's being considered?

We need an experience first grade coach that can rebuild. No to Mary and any other rookie coach.

Bennett will not come back so let's forget that as an option. Realistically it's either N Henry, B Smith or Sheens.

Hopefully we get Neil Henry or maybe a coach from the UK, b smith and sheens have been away from the week to week game for a couple of seasons....in some ways as much of a risk as a rookie with the way the game changes every year. Especially smith, at least sheens still coaches. I'd love to see us go for a. Maguire/Robinson type solution and add a few decent forwards and suddenly we may be looking at top 8 or possibly top 4 type performances over the next few years with the back line we already have...

smi962

First Grade
Why is Daley even mentioned as a possibility?! He's coached 3 games at origin (won 1 lost 2) and 3 games as country coach and he's being considered?

We need an experience first grade coach that can rebuild. No to Mary and any other rookie coach.

Bennett will not come back so let's forget that as an option. Realistically it's either N Henry, B Smith or Sheens.

Yes it is pretty much unbelievable when you think of it like that, especially after we have just sacked a rookie coach :crazy:

St Georgio

Juniors
I am so sick and tired of this crap, I hope Mary does well , the changing of coaches is ridiculous, as a St George fan since 77, I hope to see a successful coach for the long haul, someone better than Wayne Bennett, Bellamy and Hasler.
A coach for at least 20 years!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I cannot possibly see the club go back to appointing a previous coach, so that rules out Bennett, Smith and Brownie. You can't go back in order to move forward. I also don't want to see any rookies in charge, so that rules out Daley & Barrett. I'm not sure on Mary McGregor as yet.....rookie category as well. So that leaves in my preferred order : 1. Neil Henry 2. Tony Smith 3. Daniel Anderson 4. Tim Sheens