What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going where predictions

brook

First Grade
legend said:
Ok, back to the topic. I'll throw a few more names around

Dean Byrne - Tigers
Roy Asotasi - Tigers

I hope you are right there!! simmonds I'm not fussed either way - we have plenty of backs just on the verge of first grade now as good or better but i'd take him over pat richards any day

I think luke will end up in north queensland not canberra but whoever signs him I hope he does well - personally i wouldn't offer him more than incentives given his injury worrys...

I actually thought canberra had cursed him after that hit though - his first game back from suspension and he does his knee and puts himself out for the season - playing canberra :lol:

legend

Coach
I would have liked to have signed Peter Robinson but it was not to be.

Moffo, that side you named would have to be the slowest in the NRL. No speed at all and let's see how the depth stacks up once a few injuries strike. Not only are the first graders leaving but the lower grade players are being poached as well. All as a result of the salary cap dramas.

I hope the Tigers find some decent players because they are the sleeping giants of the NRL IMO.

Moffo

Referee
The only guy with genuine pace that we lost was Vagana, and Polglase, who is not in the 1sts at the moment anyway. And wern't we being told how attacking our backline was just a year ago? ;-) Who exactly is slow? Hazem - Yes. Sherwin - Yes, but he is a 1/2 back, they don't have to all be Tim Montgomeries

Cheers,
Moffo

Kiwi

First Grade
Moffo said:
legend said:
Ok, back to the topic. I'll throw a few more names around

Dean Byrne - Tigers
Aaron Cannings - Parramatta
Peter Robinson - Canberra
Chris Sheppard - Souths
Roy Asotasi - Tigers
Nigel Vagana - Sharks
Reece Simmonds - Tigers
Jamaal Lolesi - Eels
Luke O'Donnell - Raiders

The Bulldogs are being absolutely decimated and if they lose Vagana and Asotasi, they will be a contender for the sppon next year with very little depth to fall back on. This was always going to be the case after the salary cap dramas.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Ben Harris
4. Jamie Feeney
5. Matthew Utai
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Brent Sherwin
13. Braith Anasta
12. Willie Mason
11. Tony Grimaldi
10. Steve Price
9. Adam Perry
8. Mark O'Meley

Wooden spooners? Whatever floats your boat mate ;-)

And it everyone satisfied that the dogs will be under the cap next year yet? So far we have dropped Norton, Talau, Vagana, Hall, Polglase and Marteene

Cheers,
Moffo

The best way to look at it is, take Vagana, Norton, Talau, Polglase, Hall and Marteene out of the Bulldogs squad this year, as well as Asotasi, and the dogs would be giving Souths a run this year for the spoon. It takes a shite load of depth out of the side, as well as their best 2 centres, their best lock and some quality up and comers ( except Marteene, he is no great loss ). I don't mind the dogs at all, but if they lose to many more, they are screwed. Hell if you have to put Feeney in the centres and Grimaldi in the starting side, you have serious problems. In saying that Ryan would get a start over Grimaldi anyway. The bench is looking very bare also, no quality there at all for 2004.

legend

Coach
Moffo, Braith and Sherwin are slow. Ben Harris is even slower, Thurston is also not that quick.

Wings and fullback are ok, but still far too short and slow. We saw Penrith last week use their big wingers to great effect against the little, slow men from the Dogs.

Have a look at the top four sides. The one thing that sets them apart from the rest is their genuine pace in the backs, when looking at the ladder, does make a difference.

Broncos: Lockyer, Kelly, Minto and Tate are all very fast.
Roosters: Hegarty, Cross, Minichello and Grothe are all very fast.
Panthers: Rooney, Lewis, Wesser and Howland are all very fast.
Raiders: Graham, Schifcofske, Robertson, Mogg and Monaghan are all very fast.

Along with the Cowboys, the top four are the fastest in the NRL so the proof is int he pudding Moffo.

Kiwi

First Grade
Moffo said:
The only guy with genuine pace that we lost was Vagana, and Polglase, who is not in the 1sts at the moment anyway. And wern't we being told how attacking our backline was just a year ago? ;-) Who exactly is slow? Hazem - Yes. Sherwin - Yes, but he is a 1/2 back, they don't have to all be Tim Montgomeries

Cheers,
Moffo

You forget that other than Sherwin the two best players in last years backline Vagana and Talau, and the best one this year in Vagana are leaving the club. These two guys were awesome last year, the way they ran the ball was a deadly as Sherwin's kicking game last year, and they are goners.

Moffo

Referee
Kiwi said:
Moffo said:

Cheers,
Moffo

You forget that other than Sherwin the two best players in last years backline Vagana and Talau, and the best one this year in Vagana are leaving the club. These two guys were awesome last year, the way they ran the ball was a deadly as Sherwin's kicking game last year, and they are goners.

True, but Talau has gone to shit this year, Harris is a better player now. We all have Dave Necicnryx coming up through the grades, this guy will be good

Cheers,
Moffo

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
So far legend:

Vagana - Sharks Correct
Kearns - Sharks N/A
Gasnier - U.K Wrong
Grothe - Sharks N/A
Hodgson - Tigers N/a
Timmins - Dragons wrong
Davico - Tigers n/a
Walker - Eels n/a
Perry - Tigers n/a

Kiwi

First Grade
Dragon Fanatic said:
So far legend:

Vagana - Sharks Correct
Kearns - Sharks N/A
Gasnier - U.K Wrong
Grothe - Sharks N/A
Hodgson - Tigers N/a
Timmins - Dragons wrong
Davico - Tigers n/a
Walker - Eels n/a
Perry - Tigers n/a

where is Timmins going?

Anonymous

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Dragon Fanatic said:
So far legend:

Vagana - Sharks Correct
Kearns - Sharks N/A
Gasnier - U.K Wrong
Grothe - Sharks N/A
Hodgson - Tigers N/a
Timmins - Dragons wrong
Davico - Tigers n/a
Walker - Eels n/a
Perry - Tigers n/a

where is Timmins going?

He's going nowhere. Staying with Saints.

Kiwi

First Grade
Willow said:
Kiwi said:
Dragon Fanatic said:
So far legend:

Vagana - Sharks Correct
Kearns - Sharks N/A
Gasnier - U.K Wrong
Grothe - Sharks N/A
Hodgson - Tigers N/a
Timmins - Dragons wrong
Davico - Tigers n/a
Walker - Eels n/a
Perry - Tigers n/a

where is Timmins going?

He's going nowhere. Staying with Saints.

thats what I thought, but it was marked as wrong, which is why I had to ask. Must have been a typo and Davico was the one he got wrong.

legend

Coach
Not sure if these have been reported as yet. We have Aaron Cannings and Chris Muckert to Parramatta.

Wade McKinnon may head back to Parramatta which means Hodgson is almost certainly gone.

Ian Donnelly, Chris Lightbulb and Dean Byrne to Manly. Although, Byrne has been mentioned as having spoken with Cronulla, Parramatta, Wests Tigers and Canberra as well as Manly.

Willow, any news on Byrne? You're a Saints man so you might be in the know.

Moffo

Referee
Michael Monaghan signed with Manly

Luke O'Donnell tipped to follow (i kid you not)

Jamal Lolesi to Dogs

Cheers,
Moffo

Anonymous

Juniors
legend said:
Not sure if these have been reported as yet. We have Aaron Cannings and Chris Muckert to Parramatta.

Wade McKinnon may head back to Parramatta which means Hodgson is almost certainly gone.

Ian Donnelly, Chris Lightbulb and Dean Byrne to Manly. Although, Byrne has been mentioned as having spoken with Cronulla, Parramatta, Wests Tigers and Canberra as well as Manly.

I havent spoken to Dean Byrne for weeks but he has been approached by something like 7 clubs. Firman has been signed and Barrett will eventually come back so Byrne's already slim chances for a first grade spot in the halves have shortened considerably.

He's a fantastic player and I wish him the best but unfortunately, all indications are that he'll coming back to bite us.

As for Canberra, I don't know... there is some mail on him going to the Broncos. But like I said there are plenty of clubs looking at him.

Kiwi

First Grade
Willow said:
legend said:

I havent spoken to Dean Byrne for weeks but he has been approached by something like 7 clubs. Firman has been signed and Barrett will eventually come back so Byrne's already slim chances for a first grade spot in the halves have shortened considerably.

He's a fantastic player and I wish him the best but unfortunately, all indications are that he'll coming back to bite us.

As for Canberra, I don't know... there is some mail on him going to the Broncos. But like I said there are plenty of clubs looking at him.

If Prince leaves, then Byrne would be a good buy for the Broncos, would rather keep Prince, but Seymour and Byrne in the halves next year doesn't sound to shabby at all.

Also Luke O'Donnell is now linked with the Cowboys.

legend

Coach
O'Donnell has also been linked to Manly so he looks to be on the move.

Ian Donnelly and Chris Leikvoll have signed with Manly.

Rutgerson will not be retained by Canberra so he is also on the market.

Reece Simmonds is also set to leave the Dragons. Not sure where to though.

Kiwi

First Grade
this is from the smh

BULLDOGS: Parramatta centre Willie Tonga is believed to have agreed to terms with the Bulldogs as a replacement for Cronulla-bound Nigel Vagana next season. The Bulldogs have also snared Canberra winger Jamaal Lolesi for two years. Dennis Scott and Roy Asotasi remain unsigned.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA: Negotiations with winger Nathan Blacklock will begin in the next few days. It is understood Blacklock has received approaches from two other clubs but is keen to stay at the Dragons after returning last month from an unhappy 12-month stint in rugby union.

SOUTH SYDNEY: Boom Rabbitohs halfback Brett Kearney has been forced to shelve plans to return from a broken cheekbone after being ruled out for the season with osteitis pubis. Souths are expected to announce the signing of St George Illawarra playmaker Dean Byrne today.

BRISBANE: Scott Prince, recalled to first grade for tomorrow night's match against the Bulldogs, has put talks with Wests Tigers on hold after being selected for the Queensland Residents to play in the Origin III curtain-raiser next Wednesday night.

CANBERRA: Back-rower Michael Hodgson was yesterday cleared of a cracked sternum and is expected to play against St George Illawarra on Sunday.

CRONULLA: Injured skipper Brett Kimmorley may return earlier than expected, with the former Test halfback hoping to get a medical clearance next Tuesday for the following weekend's game against the Warriors - just five weeks after breaking his jaw.

MANLY: St George Illawarra prop Ian Donnelly is believed to be the new-look Sea Eagles' latest signing and is expected to be joined at the club by fellow Dragon Chris Leikvoll, who is considering a two-year offer.

MELBOURNE: Teenage Penrith fullback Steve Turner yesterday became the Storm's first new signing after agreeing to a three-year deal.

NEWCASTLE: After losing Matt Jobson to the Warriors next season, the Knights moved quickly yesterday to shore up their forwards by re-signing Andrew Price for another two years.

NORTH QUEENSLAND: Halfback Chris Sheppard has delayed a decision on his future after receiving a late one-year offer to stay at the Cowboys.

PARRAMATTA: Goalkicking winger Pat Richards has turned down an offer from Manly to join the Wests Tigers on a two-year deal. Eels fullback Brett Hodgson is also off to the Tigers.

PENRITH: Scott Sattler yesterday postponed a scheduled meeting with South Sydney coach Paul Langmack after his disappointment at being dropped from the Queensland Origin team.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS: With Eric Grothe having decided to stay next year for up to $80,000 less than he could have got elsewhere, the Roosters are unlikely to be able to retain Chris Walker, who is believed to be on Manly's wanted list.

WARRIORS: Back-rower Karl Temata is understood to be the latest player in the Eels' sights and has an option in his contract that may allow him to gain a release.

WESTS TIGERS: Back-rower Luke O'Donnell is expected to reject an offer from Manly and join North Queensland next season. An announcement on the signing of former Cronulla lock Nick Graham is thought to be imminent.

legend

Coach
Eric Grothe re-sgined with the Rosoters? :shock:

I'm sorry to harp on this but how can the Roosters re-sign all of their players after Bernie Gurr said a couple months back it would be virtually impossible to retain half their squad off contract?

So far the only player leaving is Andrew Lomu who would not have been on much anyway.

This is a farce.

Moffo

Referee
KPMG and the Roosters....a match made in heaven :lol:

Simmonds will leave the Dragons, you can be assured of that ;-) Go the inside running :lol:

Not sure about Riddell though, seems to contradict himself on a daily basis. He did say at a recent charity auction that my brother went to that he was going to stay with the dragons 'for a while yet'. So take that for what you think its worth

Cheers,
Moffo