What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose got their tickets?

jargan83

Coach
2010: One of the coldest Perth nights on record.
2011: Freak once-in-ten-year rain storm.
2012: Hailstorm? Snow?! Tornado?!

I made a similar comment to my mates at the game.

My jacket was waterproof for maybe 20-30 mins and the water just kept comming down

Few of my Fumbleball mates were there as well, not sitting with our group but I caught up with them at half time

Nuke

Staff member
I made a similar comment to my mates at the game.

My jacket was waterproof for maybe 20-30 mins and the water just kept comming down

Few of my Fumbleball mates were there as well, not sitting with our group but I caught up with them at half time

Mine lasted about 5mins. I realised that night why they call it a spray jacket ... because anything heavier than a light mist of rain is too much for it to handle. My jacket and pants made from this material. I was soaked to the bone before the end of the WA vs BARLA game (and I only got there with 20mins to go!). My shoes were the first to fill up with water (literally, I moved my feet inside my shoes and could feel the water around my feet), and when I stood up to cheer a Souths try, all the water which had built up inside my pants gushed out the bottom of my pants legs like two taps had been turned on. The first time I didn't know this was the case, so was surprised to see so much water gushing out!

It was very uncomfortable that night, but I wasn't tempted to leave. It's a night I'll never forget!

jargan83

Coach
Mine lasted about 5mins. I realised that night why they call it a spray jacket ... because anything heavier than a light mist of rain is too much for it to handle. My jacket and pants made from this material. I was soaked to the bone before the end of the WA vs BARLA game (and I only got there with 20mins to go!). My shoes were the first to fill up with water (literally, I moved my feet inside my shoes and could feel the water around my feet), and when I stood up to cheer a Souths try, all the water which had built up inside my pants gushed out the bottom of my pants legs like two taps had been turned on. The first time I didn't know this was the case, so was surprised to see so much water gushing out!

It was very uncomfortable that night, but I wasn't tempted to leave. It's a night I'll never forget!

Thats the spirit!

I think most were in the same boat. I could squeeze the sleeves on my jacket and water came pouring out, same with my jeans.

Was good fun though

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheers, certainly got the outcome in terms of crowd and message to the NRL we were hoping for.

Red Army memberships have been coming in as well so that is a positive and we got lots of good positive feedback from fans on the night.