What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Kogarah Oval not rectangular?

carcharias

Immortal
There is an inflatable slide on family hill.

It's got everything

Everything except a round fence for a rectangle field.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's got everything

Everything except a round fence for a rectangle field.
Would have to be a pretty big circle to get around a rectangle..

Not really efficient..

You'd be better off with an ellipse..

Perth Red

Post Whore
The gong full time. Illawarra dragons.

They are losing millions each year and need to do something radical. 4 biggest games at sfs and remarket themselves city wide, 7 at gong with some serious community connection work and get a sweet deal to take a game to a new area in nz or wa or somewhere.

Knight76

Juniors
Watching the game on the weekend and by gee by jingo by crikey that corner of the in goal is damn close to the fence line.

If a player jumped there to rake a ball back in field, they land in row c.

Yeah. The Northern concourse is basically the shittest, regularly used place in the country to watch football from... not including ANZ of course.

big hit!

Bench
Kogarah oval was actually a cricket oval.I forgot his name but some one left the land to the local council. He said he would donate the land under the proviso that they played cricket there.

It had a cricket wicket in the middle of the ground for years. It might explain why it's a oval and not rectangular.
when was this? for years, I remember there be a long jump pit on the hill side of the ground and thought it was used more as an athletics venue in summer rather than cricket.

Emu01

Juniors
when was this? for years, I remember there be a long jump pit on the hill side of the ground and thought it was used more as an athletics venue in summer rather than cricket.

A old bloke at work told me about the cricket pitch. I will ask him what year tomorrow at work and post the year then.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Both the grandstand and the northern concourse are too far from the action imo. Reminds me of the old stand at Campbelltown that they bought second hand from the Brisbane Commonwealth games. You dead set needed four by two's to see the field from the back of the stand. Can see why the goons have chosen to have five home grounds....Cunnoverplace that Kogarah!

Foz

Bench
The only sport Kogarahs good for is Rollerball.
Close proximity to the hospital is just a bonus.

Dragons need to piss Kogarah off ASAP if they want to grow.

IMG_2204.JPG

Et tu, Brutaaaayyyy!!

I respect YOU BROOO!!!, but you need to understand a bit more about the St. George District before casting such reckless dispersions from afar!

Jubilee holds an extremely sacred place in a lot of hearts, GOD DAMN IT!!

Watching the Saints at Jubilee on an arvo with the sun setting is a beautiful thing. If you want to f**k with this, you're f**king with me.

A lot of us have charged to get the corner posts (unsuccessfully), pestered Saints stars such as Ricky Walford, Tony Priddle, Billy Noke, Mark Coyne, Jeff Hardy and too many more legends to mention (that honoured us before my time).

There were cardboard slide-rides down the northern hill and red-candied peanuts that can not be forgotten!

This St. George Dragon RL lore is only the icing to the functionality of Jubilee in the past.

My memories are but a sliver in the history of this great ground and the great club that surrounds it, and outside cynics and jokers want to cast it aside?

Not while I'm f**king standing up.

There was a time when a young a speedy, young S.S.S represented Sans Souci P.S on the track at Jubilee in the regional 100m final for a gallant 5th. (Last)

These, and innumerable memories from what everyone admits is a great fan base, add to the love of Kogarah Jubilee.

This f**king bullshit by outside blowtowels saying that we can just remove Kogarah with no consequence, don't know what the f**k they're talking about.

If you support the removal of Kogarah Jubilee, you are tearing at the fabric of St. George, and wether you like us or not, this tears at the fabric of Australian Rugby League.

I could go on about this for a lot longer.

I'm not sure of an Aquarium suitable for us to sort this out physically, but I'm happy to talk about over the chickens feet at the Blakehurst YumCha, they are undeniable.

If you still talk jive about Kogarah after those chicken feet and and some footy in the sun with some beers, then yes, you're not my kind of guy and we're heading to the nearest aquarium...

Attachments

• IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts