What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilson and Hadley on the Footy Show next season

DIEHARD

----
I encourage everyone to contact Ch 9 and voice their opinions.

Not only about the Hadley/Wilson B.S but also about the non-football elements and general clowning around on the Footy Show and how the fans crave more football related topics, you can still clowna around with it being footy related!

DIEHARD

----
sullyfan said:
Rebecca performed silly stunts on 110% Squires last year so I'm sure she will up for anything!

Yea that MAKE REBECCA CRY bullsh*t.

I remember there was no shortage of suggestions for the segment being kicked around this forum! :lol:

The Tank

Bench
why do they want to change hosts. they should just get rid of daredevils dude, beat the boys etc and have more footy talk. i watch the footy show every now and then, but if rebecca wilson is on i will NEVER watch it again.

girvie

Staff member
Footy Show brawl
By Peter Badel
May 15, 2005

LEAGUE legends Paul Vautin and Peter Sterling were last night seething at moves to inject fresh talent on The Footy Show as rugby league's leading media personalities collided.

The heart and soul of the program for a decade, the duo admitted they were shocked by Channel 9's plan to add radio king Ray Hadley and The Sunday Telegraph columnist Rebecca Wilson to the panel.

The proposed overhaul came in the wake of last Thursday night's show, which recorded its worst ratings of the year.

Speaking with The Sunday Telegraph yesterday, Eels great Sterling denied he and Vautin would quit the show in response to the changes.

But he admitted the pair had a frosty relationship with Hadley and Wilson, who have been strident critics of the program.

"To be truthful, we don't get on with them," Sterling said.

They aren't part of our lives. They have been critical of us and the show in the past.

"It has never really concerned us because on a day-to-day basis it means nothing to us.

"Ray Hadley and Rebecca have been critical, but we've never really cared. There is a care factor of zero.

"I must say I find it hard to fathom how this is front-page news. It must be a quiet day in the Middle East."

Vautin refused to lash out last night, saying: "I don't know anything about what's going on. The first I've heard of it is what I've read in the paper [yesterday]."

In a day of drama at Nine on Friday, program director Michael Healy moved to sign Hadley and Wilson. Healy also called in rugby league boss Steve Crawley to take charge of the show from long-time employee Glenn Pallister, who has been moved to another role.

But Sterling stood by The Footy Show's content and insinuated that any potential move to oust Vautin would prove catastrophic for the program.

"We are very proud of what we've achieved," Sterling said.

"One thing I want to say is that Paul Vautin is The Footy Show. That has never changed. That has never wavered.

"Paul's popularity is a constant and he is the absolute essence of the show. I think it's an exaggeration to say we're facing a ratings slide.

"We'd like our audience to be higher but our show is not too dissimilar to other shows on the network."

Sterling said he first heard of a potential shake-up on Friday morning.

"We did hear they were looking at alternatives and heard some names mentioned," Sterling said. "All I know is that I'll be turning up on Thursday and doing another show with 'Fatty' [Vautin] and a fantastic team of blokes."

I am so upset that last weeks show got such poor ratings. I thought it was one of the best Footy Show episodes i'd ever seen.

I won't watch again if Wilson or Hadley are on.

The easiest way to get them off is for a big group of people to get tickets to be in the audience and everytime Wilson speaks everyone boo her.

Kid

Juniors
Wow, all i ever read on here is what a "crap" show it is, and nobody watches it. You wouldn't know that it's friendless by the response in hear. If nobody believes Wilson, then why does it matter if she is on the show? Ignore what she says, and it will be no different to Chief now. "thats gold" . What a lasting legacy....good on you Chief, year after year dominating opposition props and your legacy is "thats gold". what a joke.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree with the booing

everytime rwilson opens her trap

the crowd should boo

and the same with hadley with 95% of the crap he comes up with

ali

Bench
Can we invade the audience one week? We can all go on the show and constantly heckle Wilson?

In the mean time lets run a media campaign against her.

Send your emails to sportstoday@2ue.com.au
bigsports@2ky.com.au
talkinsport@2sm.com.au

Let them know you will not be watching the footy show if Wilson gets on.

Also, as we are a fairly educated bunch on here, when contacting channel 9 don't be afriad to include a signature on your email just letting them know what you do. If they realise they are losing a whole lot of highly educated young viewers with decent disposable incomes, it surely wont please them.

m0j0

Bench
ucantseeme said:
too bad miss universe signed up with ch 7. I wonder if she has a sister?

She has an older sister. My wife went to school with her, and back in those teenage years, she was the hot one of the family.

Chook

First Grade
There is one major point I think everyone is missing that is the Footy Show is FINALLY getting revamped! Something that every League fan has been calling for for years.

I think poor old Bourbon Beccy is being lead up the garden path here. I think Bourbon is being used as threat, as a guillotine to hang over the heads of Sterling and Vautin in order to revamp the show back towards some semblence of a Rugby League show.

Hadley may well have a few "guest" appearences, but I doubt Bourbon will be seen. And if she does, I hope the Rugby League fans in the audience BOOOOOO the biatch every time she opens her hole.

Chook.

BJ

Juniors
it'd be interesting to see hadley back on the show.. when he's not acting a goose on the radio he seems to know what he's talking about..
but to see wilson on the show will suck.. to say the least..
there has to be another credible femal journo somewhere in australia that has something to do with league..

Parraren

Bench
I applaud the efforts to "revamp" the footy show but I seriously question the way 9 is going about it and the direction they seem to be taking.

They need to inject young blood into the show. The success of Matty Johns should have woken them up to this fact a long time ago.

Having had a bit more of a think about it, I think the punt on Wilson is purely controversy driven. Again, it's a desperate act by 9 and probably only a short term fix, but she will bring in some more viewers just due to the contoversy/curiosity factor she brings to the table. Whether these viewers will tune in on a regular basis is another matter entirely, but who in here can honestly say they won't tune in just to "see how she goes"??

Hadley on the other hand would have been a complete disaster IMO. He's a radio personality for starters and we all know how the TV careers of Darren Hinch & Alan Jones finished up don't we. The other problem is he's frankly too old and too ugly for TV. Hadley would have been out of his depth on TV and I think deep down he knew this as well.

mightybears

Bench
this won't half piss sterlo and fatty off
wilson knows less than the average person on the street/could have found a female journo with more knowledge[could have found a primary school kid with more knowledge!]
and hadley's head won't make it in camera shot/ego

Jae

Juniors
If they want to get an AFL person in, the least they could do is bring over that tall wanker from the AFL Footy Show. He'd be somewhat interesting and cause a few fights, all Wilson is going to do is spurt off random rumours at 500mph at the top of her voice while Fatty stares awkwardly afterwards and goes "Thanks for that Rebecca, now onto Beat The Boys.."

Immortal said:
I think the Footy Show need more women involved. Hiring 2 more men is not the answer

Thats what they'd be thinking but deadset man, there are no rugby league women journo's or personality's.

This idiot is the closest thing they've got I'd rather it be all blokes then bring this moron in.

lemon rabbit

Juniors
Ray Hadley should be congratulated for not dragging rugby league through the mud on this issue. The papers would have had a field day if Hadley and Sterling/Vautin ended up on the same show again. Hadley's done plenty wrong in recent years but he made a very good decision in not advancing with the proposal.

Dare I say it, but Wilson won't get booed. Plenty of people don't like her but the majority either don't care or don't have a serious problem with her. She at least deserves a chance to come out and have an unedited opinion. She writes what the Telegraph tell her to write, with her own little flair. If she turned around and wrote a positive column, she'd be sacked because that is not what the telegraph want.

The new panel should be: Peter Sterling, Rebecca Wilson, Matthew Johns, Andrew Voss, Chief.

There's no need for major panel changes, just the changing of the show. Dump daredevil dudes, netball appearances, beat the boys etc.

You can still make people laugh while keeping up the league content of it all. Ie, the quiz can be excellent when it's four players up against the boys.

Brutus

Referee
lemon rabbit said:
Ray Hadley should be congratulated for not dragging rugby league through the mud on this issue. .

But he thrives on dragging rugby league and people involved with it through the gutter on his radio show.

The bloke cannot be taken seriously ever again when it comes to RL.