What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine thread

Mong

Post Whore
^ grigio or noir?

(LOVE pinot grigio!)

Havent had a bad Pinot Grigio. Found a nice one in NZ recently at a local winery near where we were staying. Whitestone Wines from the Waipara Valley. Worth a try if you see it around.

Bress Silver Label Pinot Noir + Shiraz

Torbreck Woodcutter's Shiraz

And this year's Wynn's John Riddoch Cab Sauv is an absolute belter, grab a bottle while you can!

_Johnsy

Referee
I might call in and get one if I am up that way Vince.

The good food & wine show is on up in Brissy this weekend coming 4-6th Nov. If you enjoy a wine, get a ticket walk around try different wines all day and other assorted drinks. Get a decent feed and laugh all afternoon.

We have been going with our best mates for 4 years now. A guaranteed belter of a day.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's my current employer. I should apply for a transfer up the Tweed :p

On the Torbreck, rep was in for a tasting the other day. Sampled the Woodcutters, Cuvee Juveniles, Struie, Steading, Gask, Descendant and the Laird (the most expensive current vintage release in Australia). They were all good, as usual, but the Cuvee Juveniles and the Gask were brilliant. The Laird was mindblowing but at $700 bucks a bottle I can't see it ever making it's way onto my budget!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
had a Beasdale (sp) Mulberry Tree Cab Sav last night

I'll be having that one gain, bloody nice

That's my current employer. I should apply for a transfer up the Tweed :p

On the Torbreck, rep was in for a tasting the other day. Sampled the Woodcutters, Cuvee Juveniles, Struie, Steading, Gask, Descendant and the Laird (the most expensive current vintage release in Australia). They were all good, as usual, but the Cuvee Juveniles and the Gask were brilliant. The Laird was mindblowing but at $700 bucks a bottle I can't see it ever making it's way onto my budget!

The Struie, at around $53 a pop, is pretty hard to beat in its price bracket.

I might call in and get one if I am up that way Vince.

The good food & wine show is on up in Brissy this weekend coming 4-6th Nov. If you enjoy a wine, get a ticket walk around try different wines all day and other assorted drinks. Get a decent feed and laugh all afternoon.

We have been going with our best mates for 4 years now. A guaranteed belter of a day.

Just don't come in your police uniform again, I don't need another stroke. Particularly with schoolies around the corner :sarcasm:

Bazal

Post Whore
The Struie, at around $53 a pop, is pretty hard to beat in its price bracket.

It's damned good...though I'd say it has a lot of competition from the John Duval Entity, Teusner Albert, Langmeil Orphan Bank, and Charles Melton Shiraz in that range. Jeez, wouldn't that be a nice line up for a dinner party :lol:

Bit of a plug, but relevant to the current discussion.

I work for the Kirra Beach Hotel, and we are holding the first Gold Coast Fine Wine Festival on Saturday November 12th, starting at midday. Heaps of winemakers + major companies have signed up, and Sue Hodder, cheif winemaker for Wynn's will be there on the day too (we are hoping to get a few more winemakers, but she is the only one confirmed). So COME ON DOWN and try some top current vintage wines.