What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine thread

I think it comes from "aperativo" but I'm not sure...I noticed a few weeks back the first of the "topaques" on my shelf too...

I had a glass of some Young Punks riesling with dinner...not sure if I've mentioned it before, but wow...
Saw the Topaques recently too. Any word on Muscat?

Bazal

Post Whore
Muscat is safe, and I assume will remain so as it the end of the day it's a grape variety (well, varieties), unlike the others that have been protected.

It is the Monsters Attack, yes...I think it's outstanding summer drinking

Don't have that one readily available I'm afraid. I'll be honest and say I had to look that up (love this website - don't pay $19.99, only $20.99!). I was thinking a Cork Cutters Sangiovese (others were Innocent Bystander Sangiovese or Running with Bulls Wrattonbully Tempranillo), so I might go that since it plays into the Sangiovese theme!

Bazal

Post Whore
Sangiovese and tomato pasta is perfect...although that Running with Bulls is a cracker

Bazal

Post Whore
I always have a couple in the house, as I love cooking Spanish. I haven't tried the Barossa yet but I'm told the Wrattonbully is better anyway.

Another one (if you can find it) is the Wrattonbully Estate Tempranillo. I tried it at a Negs tasting ages ago, managed to scrounge a couple of bottles but haven't seen it since!

Bazal

Post Whore
This weekend is gonna be a shit! Stupid prices mean plenty of nutbags.

Moet $41, Church Block $11, St Hallett Faith $11, Leconfield Cabernet $19, Stoneleigh Sav Blanc $8.50, Taittinger $48. I cringe just typing them, it's gonna be mayhem. On the plus side my cellar will expand!

Bazal

Post Whore
I'll be picking up at least a dozen Faith and some Taittinger personally. Im eyeing off the Leconfield too

_Johnsy

Referee
hey lads,

Had our usual friday afternoon session at home with Mrs Johns (when we both have sat off) enjoyed a bottle Jack. Barry Sparkling Shiraz from Mt Avoca. About $30 well worth a try. Drink up boys!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
Stinking hot tonight, so I grabbed a Delatite Gewurtztraminer....excellent really. $25 or so, and I'm a huge fan