What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods apparently offered 1 million a year for 4 years by Dogs

Tiger05

First Grade
I honestly hope he takes it and is gone. This is exactly the break that we need.

I'll say it again. Woods is a great prop. I want him in our team. I don't want to pay overs for him or any of the big 4. That is massive massive overs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dogs will get him to his potential though.

Is Graham or Tolman off contract then?

Tiger05

First Grade

I don't think you are going to get him playing any better than he is now. He is a really good prop forward but he is still basically a role player. For $1m a year you need to get a lot better value out of your cap.

This could just be game to stuff us up.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The treacherous grubby dogs have an ordinary spine yet r offering an effeminate hillbilly 1m.What a load of hogwash.I don't suppose Isaac the slimy swindler Moses had anything to do with leaking this fabricated figure !!!

Hillbilly is only worth half this amt & the dogs r normally very cunning with regard to recruitment/retention decisions.Isaac Moses is getting desperate !!

Clifferd

Coach
If that's the true dogs are f**king stupid & if I was Woods I'd take it and run as he would probably never get offered that again.

Although I would commend woods if he was to choose loyalty over the cash (I reckon we offer him no more than 600k)

Tiger Woody

Juniors
The treacherous grubby dogs have an ordinary spine yet r offering an effeminate hillbilly 1m.What a load of hogwash.I don't suppose Isaac the slimy swindler Moses had anything to do with leaking this fabricated figure !!!

Hillbilly is only worth half this amt & the dogs r normally very cunning with regard to recruitment/retention decisions.Isaac Moses is getting desperate !!

Yeah Ted....Maybe just media talk..
He can go if he wants for 1mill..We wont be paying that.
Also read yesterday apparently Nofa has already signed with Eels......
Out of our control but all this negative talk doesnt do our year much good does it.
If the ferrari,SUV and 2 mini monors move on and Nofa does as well,gee that frees up some huge dollars to go on a buying spree in 2018.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah Ted....Maybe just media talk..
He can go if he wants for 1mill..We wont be paying that.
Also read yesterday apparently Nofa has already signed with Eels......
Out of our control but all this negative talk doesnt do our year much good does it.
If the ferrari,SUV and 2 mini monors move on and Nofa does as well,gee that frees up some huge dollars to go on a buying spree in 2018.
The upside is we r going to have a blank canvas to work from & will no longer b paying players to play for other clubs.Hence we will b in a fabulous position one where we have no excuse to not assemble a competitive team.

Btw the one player I personally don't want to lose is Nofa.

If this offer is fair dinkum you couldn't blame him if he took the money,massive overs for a prop who plays around 50 minutes,which is why it is most likely BS on his managers part.

Tiger05

First Grade
If this offer is fair dinkum you couldn't blame him if he took the money,massive overs for a prop who plays around 50 minutes,which is why it is most likely BS on his managers part.

Remember Benji and all his offers. They didn't materialise. I don't trust these managers. We should be really comfortable in letting Woods go for that price.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you are going to get him playing any better than he is now. He is a really good prop forward but he is still basically a role player. For $1m a year you need to get a lot better value out of your cap.

This could just be game to stuff us up.
Bulldogs get a lot out of their forwards and know what they're doing when it comes to having a good ack. He'll improve there for sure.

I'd happily take their pack over ours every day of the week.

Incorrect

Coach

Tolman, Klemmer and Kasiano are all signed until at elast the end of 2018.... I can't see them letting go of either Klemmer or Kasiano but perhaps they'd be willing to let Tolman out of his contract... As for Graham, there's been plenty of talk and innuendo about that he might be on the move. Talk of Hasler heading back to Manly prompted rumours Graham might follow him there. Just my gut feel but I reckon once he finishes at the Dogs he might head back to the UK.

Shredder

Juniors
I'd take Tolman.

The trouble is if we are going to have this massive bloodletting and sweep out our poor excuse for a roster who is going to replace Woods as captain?

Not sure the fans would like a bought player to come in and take the (c).

Tiger05

First Grade
Shredder - I don't care if we have a new captain from outside the club. I just want us to build a team that can win games consistently. That means we can't pay overs for too many players. So long as we let go of guys who want overs and get guys who we can get for a reasonable price I think we can build a competitive squad.

Kilkenny

Coach
Woods is a good player, not a great player. His true value would surely be no more that $700K and even at that price the Tigers would surely have to consider whether they would be better off looking elsewhere and getting two props for the price of 1.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Tolman is a plodder of the highest order. He would add absolutely nothing to our team. I agree though that Woods shouldn't be offered a cent over 700k. Preferably more like 600-650k.

The only 2 absolute necessities in this team currently are Ted and Nofo.