What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods apparently offered 1 million a year for 4 years by Dogs

Shredder

Juniors
And this is the problem with succession.

Woods didnt have a stand up old head to admire and look up to coming up the ranks. He was thrown into the deep end - same as Bryce Gibbs.

They dont have someone to look up to who tells them to get into line and do the job.

Every pack needs an old head. Look at the way Graham yells at the young dogs.

Thats why they say props dont mature until their late 20s.

I cant remember us ever having a proper pack of forwards, we have only ever had the odd player here and there. Ellis was wonderful for us, but didnt get supported for instance.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Interview with Tedesco and Moses yesterday went like this:
We want to be in a semi final team...money or coach doesnt matter.
Hillbilly Woods has mentioned this as well lately.

In that case i would say we are no hope of keeping them.......cant blame them.
We have no hope of semis in 2017 with the rabble we keep picking in selections.
So the Ferrari goes,the Urban Vehicle goes,and 2 mini minors.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Interview with Tedesco and Moses yesterday went like this:
We want to be in a semi final team...money or coach doesnt matter.
Hillbilly Woods has mentioned this as well lately.

In that case i would say we are no hope of keeping them.......cant blame them.
We have no hope of semis in 2017 with the rabble we keep picking in selections.
So the Ferrari goes,the Urban Vehicle goes,and 2 mini minors.
They can all f**k off.What have they contributed to improve our chances of making the 8.Even teddy last week v Melb was disappointing.I can understand JAC leaving him for dead but not Blair.None of these wankas have played anywhere near the standard commensurate with the money they demand.

Don't get me wrong re teddy as he is a gun but it seems to me that he's fallen under dickhead isaac's spell & like Moses & woods he is also spouting furphies to the media.Yeah my arse that teddy wasn't aware that he was committing to remaining @ tigers recently.Its y we let papenhuyzen sign with Melb.

I'd rather retain teddy but he is replaceable & if I was picking an origin side tomorrow tom turbo would b the blues fullback.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Enjoy the stability at the Bulldogs, Woodsy ...

Raelene Castle resigns as Bulldogs CEO
Adrian Proszenko
Published:
May 25 2017 - 11:52AM

Raelene Castle has resigned as Canterbury CEO and will finish her tenure at the end of the season.

Castle, who has has been in the role for four years, said it was time for her to consider her "next challenge".

The former New Zealand netball boss is one of the most influential women in the game and is expected to remain in sports administration.

"Raelene has made a significant contribution over the last four years," said Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib.

"She has strengthened all areas of the club and will leave us in a strong position for the new chief executive to take over.

"We are appreciative of her professionalism in signalling this early enough for us to find a replacement in time for next season."

In a press release, Castle added: "I have loved every moment of my time at the Bulldogs and after four years in the role, the time is now right to look for my next challenge. I wish the club and the team every success for the future.

"I am pleased that together with the board we could give the club leadership continuity and a professional transition to new leadership."

MORE TO COME

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/content/adapt...-resigns-as-bulldogs-ceo-20170525-gwcryd.html

Tigerm

First Grade
Enjoy the stability at the Bulldogs, Woodsy ...

Raelene Castle resigns as Bulldogs CEO
Adrian Proszenko
Published:
May 25 2017 - 11:52AM

Raelene Castle has resigned as Canterbury CEO and will finish her tenure at the end of the season.

Castle, who has has been in the role for four years, said it was time for her to consider her "next challenge".

The former New Zealand netball boss is one of the most influential women in the game and is expected to remain in sports administration.

"Raelene has made a significant contribution over the last four years," said Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib.

"She has strengthened all areas of the club and will leave us in a strong position for the new chief executive to take over.

"We are appreciative of her professionalism in signalling this early enough for us to find a replacement in time for next season."

In a press release, Castle added: "I have loved every moment of my time at the Bulldogs and after four years in the role, the time is now right to look for my next challenge. I wish the club and the team every success for the future.

"I am pleased that together with the board we could give the club leadership continuity and a professional transition to new leadership."

MORE TO COME

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/content/adapt...-resigns-as-bulldogs-ceo-20170525-gwcryd.html
Hopefully she realised she has blown there salary cap with the Woods signing and they will have to release him:cool:

There was some talk of players getting signed behind her back,the poor thing had no idea they had been signed when some sources in the media enquired about it,this may have something to do with her resignation if true.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They might have some cleaning out to do for some players on back ended deals...

I would be happy for Tigers to avoid the likes of Eastwood

Tiger Ted

Bench
They might have some cleaning out to do for some players on back ended deals...

I would be happy for Tigers to avoid the likes of Eastwood
f**k Eastwood & the lowlife fraudulent dogs.We must steer clear of players that r not going to add value to our roster unless they r dirt cheap & as a result of there price they r primarily depth players or greenhorns with genuine potential.

Eastwood is an overweight 30 yr old has-been who has a backended contract of 900k next yr.Im sick of this club doing players on the scrap heap favours or not retaining quality speedsters like JAC.Its time for us to b ruthless on & off the field & that involves us patiently spending our cap on quality.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If we could snag the likes of Graham/Tolman or Adam Elliot that would be amazing.
Particularly Graham or Elliot as they are high quality.These r the types of player we should b trying to recruit coz I'm sick of us making up the numbers & forever being in the doldrums.Its time that this club does everything necessary to become a consistent finalist in the hope that we can contend for the premiership.

WT Unity

Juniors
I think the time is right to strike a blow now and pinch Adam Elliott right out from under their noses. They have a departing CEO, cap problems and older players still contracted for 2018 that they are trying to offload. This is an issue for the Dogs because the club that they are trying to do the offload to is in no hurry and stalls to get the best possible deal in terms of the percentage of the incoming players contract that they will end up paying.

The opportunity therefore is to make a decisive offer to Elliott's management whilst they (the Dogs) are in some disarray and leverage the two big factors that all players respond to...Money and Security - WT can sort your future out immediately and for more money.

Come over and get on the bus with Josh Reynolds and be the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle pack of forwards that will read - Packer, Matulino, McIlwrick, Liddle, Lawrence, McQueen, Elijah Taylor, Aloiai, Sue, Tawl and YOU!

Clifferd

Coach
Elliot is great. Sign him up now before he gets too expensive

Bit early but I reckon he's a future origin backrower

Saw him drop the ball against the Roosters, JWH makes a hit up and he picks him up and drives him on his back dropping the ball. Absolutely smashed him

That's the type of aggression we need

Plus he's good for 100+ metres every game..Cleary take note

super_coach

First Grade
Clubs like the Knights and us should just sit back and avoid making a play for the Dogs rejects like Eastwood and wait till they get desperate and have to throw a big fish or two out into the market place. Although with the way the cap seems to be policed the big fish might never eventuate. If the NRL is half serious about the salary cap, a few clubs will have to start offloading players soon

super_coach

First Grade
Elliot is great. Sign him up now before he gets too expensive

Bit early but I reckon he's a future origin backrower

Saw him drop the ball against the Roosters, JWH makes a hit up and he picks him up and drives him on his back dropping the ball. Absolutely smashed him

That's the type of aggression we need

Plus he's good for 100+ metres every game..Cleary take note

He is just what we need to compliment some of the older more experienced signings we have made, but the Dogs will find a way to keep him in the kennel. Thats why it is important we don't snap up a player like Eastwood, we need to have the Dogs feeling plenty of heat from the salary cap police so they do have to let a good one go.

My guess the ESL will snap up a few of their veterans and save their bacon

Shredder

Juniors
In regards to this unknown cap for next year issue.

I notice that NONE of the clubs that are reportedly over the cap, or have balanced for a high cap are panicking in any way at all. I suspect they have been told they will be right, either through dispensation or through a raise in the cap for next year.

I think waiting for teams to unload players is dangerous, particularly considering we are still so short on numbers for our top 30.

If the NRL were genuine about having an even competition, they should stick true to their number. They know which clubs have balanced for more, all contracts need to be registered with the NRL. Plus, it would help us and the Knights be more competitive, which is good for the competition.

BUT, I am nervous they are going to cave in to the heavyweights and simply increase the cap.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Clubs like the Knights and us should just sit back and avoid making a play for the Dogs rejects like Eastwood and wait till they get desperate and have to throw a big fish or two out into the market place. Although with the way the cap seems to be policed the big fish might never eventuate. If the NRL is half serious about the salary cap, a few clubs will have to start offloading players soon

100% Correct, why should we buy yesterday's hero to help these clubs that have raided and now overspent. This is a rare opportunity where the Tigers are cashed up and most clubs have overspent and will need to unload players, the ones with least potential will be offered up first and as it comes closer to 2018 and clubs are still over the cap (Or sombrero in some cases) there will be an opportunity to grab some real talent.

Instead of signing Eastwood and Co who are on their way out, the tigers should aggressively pursue the likes of Adam Elliot, Corey Harawira Naera, Angus Crichton. Their clubs wont want to let them go, but if it is a choice between losing a promising player and going over the cap they will have no choice. If we sbnared one of the above it may be the missing piece to our puzzle.

super_coach

First Grade
In regards to this unknown cap for next year issue.

I notice that NONE of the clubs that are reportedly over the cap, or have balanced for a high cap are panicking in any way at all. I suspect they have been told they will be right, either through dispensation or through a raise in the cap for next year.

I think waiting for teams to unload players is dangerous, particularly considering we are still so short on numbers for our top 30.

If the NRL were genuine about having an even competition, they should stick true to their number. They know which clubs have balanced for more, all contracts need to be registered with the NRL. Plus, it would help us and the Knights be more competitive, which is good for the competition.

BUT, I am nervous they are going to cave in to the heavyweights and simply increase the cap.

The clubs that have been working on the cap being higher than we are led to believe it will be, are the clubs that have the most clout. So yes you maybe right, but every year there is horse trading of contracted players going on and you have to have the cap space available if and when a player comes onto the market. You will never have a problem filling your roster, its who you fill it with can be the problem

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Knights don't have the luxury of being in Sydney like we are.

They are also a very young side that is losing a lot of games. They can't afford to sit back. It's also well known that they are sitting on a huge warchest of funds, so big name players will go there expecting to be paid overs.

They have a tougher rebuild than we do. They do have a very good coach who has invested a lot of effort into local players and juniors and is starting to find some potentially great players there.

If our squad doesn't start putting in on the field, that Knights side that plays with a lot of enthusiasm is a very real chance of relegating us to the spoon.