What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you prefer to see opposing views on the footy show?

Simo

First Grade
Was reading an article about on the footy shows ratings (both AFL and NRL diving) and was thinking that I reckon having people who disagree with each other or even hate each other to be on and have it moderated or run by a somewhat neutral party.

So instead of seeing the chief fatty and matt johns all give puff pieces about stuff, we could get into real debate and argument about the game and get the views from all perspective.

And along with that you could get a bit of the old Frank Hyde/Ron Casey arguing going on from the old WWOS days.

It would make great television to see heated or a better word PASSIONATE debate about our game and the issues.

Mix them up depending on the issue or have a staple diet of opposing people to but it out each week.

Hadley,fulton,ryan,gould,sterling,masters,radonoukis,roach,brohman.....think of all the media personalities reporting on our game debating each other and then throw in gallop, doust, waldron etc etc and some players and give them the real hard questions.

It would have to be moderated by someone like they do on the ABC's Q&A to make sure it isnt just a mess but I think it would be much better than the all happy agreeing bad joked tired footy show.

I thought the bit with Harrogan, Fitler, Cartright was great and more serious disussion with different opinions would be great.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
works 4 the AFL footy show, Sam Newman is usually always opposing to everythin and makes it entertaining.

Coaster

Bench
I flicked over the other night and seen a AFL show called "On the Couch". Which i think you are talking about.

Forget the footyshow, its not a footy show. But something along the lines of a sit down discussion with some educated people would be interesting to watch.

Closest thing to it is the NRL on Fox Wed nights, but even that this year seems to be more fluffed up. The best show i have seen is on NITV they usally have Beetson, Curry and a few older players on, its an Aboriginal players show i beleive and a good watch.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
mat johns needs his own show. a 5 hour long comedy starring himself grinning at the camera like some monkey on drugs...

sass

Juniors
it'd be a good show but I don't think it belongs on the footy show ... the footy show is just a variety show really. even when they had the ladees on the other week talking about Ladies' Issues I thought it dragged and dragged and just didn't fit the show at alllll.

also what is this nitv business? do I have nitv?

Coaster

Bench
mat johns needs his own show. a 5 hour long comedy starring himself grinning at the camera like some monkey on drugs...

He has ripped any sense out of the Sunday roast, any time someone makes a good point or tries to talk about something serious, he jumps in like a monkey with ADD and distracts them.

sass

Juniors
awesome! then yes yes i do have it - thanks coaster!

I'm gonna watch and report back *salute*

Mr Saab

Referee
He has ripped any sense out of the Sunday roast, any time someone makes a good point or tries to talk about something serious, he jumps in like a monkey with ADD and distracts them.

Agreed 100000%. He ruins every show he is on. He offers no insight to any topic. He wants to be everyones friend and defends everyone.
Need more MG (but with much better delivery) type people who are not afraid to speak up and say what they think.

Adsy

Juniors
I thought I heard somewhere that they are bringing a new segment to the footy show with a few League personalities to discuss big issues in the game.

Kind of like the Star Chmaber segment.

All types of people will be invited on from Gallop to Robert Finch and if they don't appear everyone will be told and they will be rubbished my the other people on the segment and can't defend themselves.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I know you couldn't put his melon on the box, but get Warren Ryan on there in a panel discussion.

He won't mince his words.

Chapsta

Juniors
The footy show needs younger wittier hosts & less of the bogan element. It's a cringe-worthy show sometimes, and is best watched in small doses.

Dell would be a good host.

sass

Juniors
ok dell is HILARIOUS. whether he's hosting or not dell just needs to be on my tv more often. love him.

cq

Juniors
I would love to see Gus Gould go toe to toe with one of the telecrap stooges.

Shorty

Staff member
It definitely could benefit from being more professional - Do they even follow a script or order?

I think the Roast is the show for what you're talking about,if Matty and MG(Rockin' All Over The World?! WTF Does that have to do with League?!) were shafted for people like Sterlo and a guest(Dell,past greats etc) it'd be good.

sass

Juniors
actually can someone remind me why sterlo is so absent from my tv now?? is there a reason why he's stepped back so much?

I miss him.

Knightmare

Coach
Would love to see an episode with:

The Wok
Gus
George Piggins
Dennis Fitzgerald
David Gallop
MG

All going head to head. I'd get comfy on the lounge for that one.

Latest posts