What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble 2009

Bulldog Force

Referee
WWE Royal Rumble
January 25, 2009
From the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, MI

Women's Championship:
Beth Phoenix vs Melina

World Heavyweight Championship:
John Cena vs JBL

WWE Championship:
Jeff Hardy vs Edge

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
It's my favourite PPV. I love how one minute someone can be bashing another wrestler, then seconds later he's defending him against someone else :lol: It's so random and you never know what's next!

Misanthrope

Staff member
With three babyface champions, I'd like to see a heel win the Rumble. But knowing the WWE - it could well be Triple H or Batista.

Big Pete

Referee
...again?

He's already featured in two Wrestlemania title matches over the past two years. Yes some people like to believe he's the WWE equivalent of Sting but surely the bookers can't be as geniused as the TNA bookers.

Jono078

Referee
I reckon Jericho should win the rumble and beat both Batista and Cena at Wrestlemania for the title :)

Nuh I dunno, it seems every top superstar in the WWE now has won the Rumble, I can't see a new person winning it.

Bulldog Force

Referee
...again?

He's already featured in two Wrestlemania title matches over the past two years. Yes some people like to believe he's the WWE equivalent of Sting but surely the bookers can't be as geniused as the TNA bookers.
Dude, winning the Royal Rumble gives you the WWE Title shot, not Heavyweight title shot... this year against Edge it was the Heavyweight title shot. Seeing the WWE title itself is now on the Smackdown brand, it's right up his alley.

Matt23

Staff member
Hmmm I wonder who'll be #30...probably HHH or Batista, Hopefully Jericho
Um BF...It gives the winner a shot at any world title

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hmmm I wonder who'll be #30...probably HHH or Batista, Hopefully Jericho
Um BF...It gives the winner a shot at any world title
...and I'm sure that the winner will take the richest prize in the game, ie the WWE title. Triple H did.

Matt23

Staff member
Regarding the winner...after reading the raw spoilers, I'm gonna tip Batista for the win, but i'd prefer Orton or Y2J

What I would have done is I would have had Edge hold the title till the Rumble, drop it to HHH in a title match there, then when Jeff Hardy was supposed to come down (towards the end), have his music go off 15-30 seconds, and nobody come down, then Edge comes in to replace him and wins the match.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I would like to see a heel win the Rumble.
Would set up an interesting couple of months heading into a Mania with a heel running rough shot over the WWE.

Wouldn't mind it being someone fresh to the title hunt (although unlikely seen as it is for a main event at Wrestlemania).

A few heel names I would like to see win the rumble - Orton, Mr Kennedy, Kozlov, Umaga, MVP. All of which are very unlikely though.

Orton and his "legacy" attacking all three champions heading into Mania could be good too.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Its gotta be Christian...surely.
Yeah - I predicted that ages ago.
I would like to see a heel win the Rumble.
Would set up an interesting couple of months heading into a Mania with a heel running rough shot over the WWE.

Wouldn't mind it being someone fresh to the title hunt (although unlikely seen as it is for a main event at Wrestlemania).

A few heel names I would like to see win the rumble - Orton, Mr Kennedy, Kozlov, Umaga, MVP. All of which are very unlikely though.

Orton and his "legacy" attacking all three champions heading into Mania could be good too.
Is Umaga still wrestling? I haven't seen him for ages. What's up with that?

Bumble

First Grade
...and I'm sure that the winner will take the richest prize in the game, ie the WWE title. Triple H did.

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you that much of a mark?

They go for the title that is being contested on the show they're on, genius.

Latest posts