What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble 2009

dogz08

First Grade
I hope this years Royal Rumble is better then last years one. Last years one was sh*t!! nothing beats 2001 Royal Rumble and Kane..

Bulldog Force

Referee
It's also worth noting that the last heel to win the RR was Vince and that doesn't really count.

I can see us all hoping and anticipating it being Orton or Christian (or my personal dark horse, Cody Rhodes) only to it won by HHH or Batista, again.
While I'd love to see that, I can't see Batista returning from an 8 month injury after just 1 month.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Jumping the gun to wrestlemania a little, I think Shelton Benjamin may lose the US title at the next PPV (after RR) and then win money in the bank (considering his vertical flip at WM24) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bumble

First Grade
Why is everyone picking MVP?

Because his losing streak is obviously leading to something huge.

Jumping the gun to wrestlemania a little, I think Shelton Benjamin may lose the US title at the next PPV (after RR) and then win money in the bank (considering his vertical flip at WM24) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would mark out hard if he did but there is no way Shelton will win the MITB. Morrison, MVP or Christian for sure.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Because his losing streak is obviously leading to something huge.

I would mark out hard if he did but there is no way Shelton will win the MITB. Morrison, MVP or Christian for sure.
I think Christian will win the RR and be upper card for a while - I don't think he'll compete in the MITB match.

ucantseeme

Juniors
HHH would be odds on favourite but the WWE don't like to do the obvious with the RR. So even though HHH will most likely be in either the WWE/World title at WM I don't think he will win the RR.

Orton or maybe Big Show (unlikely though). Though I would like to be surprised.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'd actually like to see JBL beat Cena (with HBK providing a big assist, albeit reluctant/unintentional) and then HBK winning the Rumble, leading to a Cena V JBL V HBK mania showdown. It will never happen, no chance in hell as Vince would say, but it would be a nice series of twists in a program that struggles to surprise me anymore.

In reality we're going to get Cena V Orton with the odds stacked against Cena thanks to the Legacy.

Smackdown is a little less clear as I could see Edge/Hardy/HHH/Christian/Undertaker all sneaking their way into the title picture, but Cena V Orton will be the headline act with Edge V HHH the most likely smackdown match mainly because I don't see any other feud for HHH and he's not going to allow himself to go into Mania without a credible high profile match.

Unless.....HHH V Undertaker? The two of them collide in the Rumble, eliminate each other, blame each other, etc.