What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble 2009

Jono078

Referee
Damn, that sounds very WWE like :(

I'm trying to avoid everything so it can somewhat be a surprise to me this Rumble, cant wait for it, always love the Rumble.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I won't mention what happens next week on Smackdown, but I have a very bad feeling about how the rumble might go down.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Triple H lost a handicapped match against The Big Show and Vladimir Koslov and as a result, will enter the Royal Rumble at #1.

Triple H lost a handicapped match against The Big Show and Vladimir Koslov and as a result, will enter the Royal Rumble at #1.

I think it's just a way for him to not win and not have his ego crushed. If he lasts till the final 4 from their he'll at least look good.

Bulldog Force

Referee
*Space reserved for growth, banners and match announcements*
Ok for some strange reason I can't edit my first post, so...

New match announced:

ECW Championship:
Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy

ECW has a new face of the Extreme franchise – Jack Swagger. The newcomer who came to ECW four months ago as part of ECW General Manager Theodore Long’s New Superstar Initiative, defeated Matt Hardy to claim ECW gold less than two weeks before they’ll have a rematch at the Royal Rumble.

“The All-American American” shows the true swagger of a champion – he’s undefeated in singles action. The smug, young Superstar is poised for greatness in the Land of the Extreme. When he flashes his trademark wide smile, it’s no secret the Jack Swagger era has officially begun on ECW. But will Swagger hold onto the gold when he faces Hardy again at the Rumble?

Despite the backing of the WWE Universe, Matt Hardy’s nearly four-month run as ECW Champion came to an end at the hands of Swagger. Days later, Hardy defeated Swagger with a Twist of Fate in tag team action on SmackDown. Is Hardy regaining the momentum he needs to reclaim the Extreme Title at the Rumble?

Will Swagger retain the ECW Championship or will Hardy once again be the king of Extreme? Find out who will leave Detroit ECW Champion by watching the Royal Rumble, live on Sunday, Jan. 25, only on pay-per-view.​

ucantseeme

Juniors
Some nobody who became reserve grade champion vs out of shape Matt Hardy. I hope its a quick match.

Swagger reminds me of when WCW started to get crap. I stopped watching for a few months then when I tuned back in Shane "The Franchise" Douglas was WCW World Heavyweight Champion. I was like, "who the %@&# is this?"

Misanthrope

Staff member
I f**kin' love the Rumble. It's one of two PPVs (the other being Mania) that I always get and never read spoilers for if I'm catching it on delay.

I f**kin' love the Rumble. It's one of two PPVs (the other being Mania) that I always get and never read spoilers for if I'm catching it on delay.

The one thing I love is (apart from last year), you are never 100% sure who's going to win until the last person goes tumbling down to the floor.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The one thing I love is (apart from last year), you are never 100% sure who's going to win until the last person goes tumbling down to the floor.

Last year was one of the best Rumble's in recent memory, really. It seemed a foregone that Trips was going to win it until the #30 hit and Cena came out completely unexpectedly. I don't even like Cena that much, and I marked the f**k out.

Jono078

Referee
Same, looking forward to the Rumble on Monday :D

I hope they have a few surprises, I hate it so much when there isnt any.

2001 is still my fav, Drew Carey ftw!

Ridders

Coach
Rumble and Mania are the only two PPV's i consider buying. Agree with Missy, i'm no Cena fan, but him at no. 30 was a mark out moment.

Last year was one of the best Rumble's in recent memory, really. It seemed a foregone that Trips was going to win it until the #30 hit and Cena came out completely unexpectedly. I don't even like Cena that much, and I marked the f**k out.

I'm not saying it wasn't a great rumble it's just when Cena hit the ring it was pretty obvious he'd win it.

My personal fav was 2001 when Kane destroyed everyone, then Stone Cold sent him tumbling down to the floor to win it.