What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble 2009

Tommy Smith

Referee
The only Rumble that i felt was a disaster was the one two or three years back when they inexplicably decided to end the PPV with a Title match and the Undertaker came out. What a crock that was.

The Royal Rumble is the single most awesome event in wrestling so it should always be the maine vent at the PPV.

I havent followed wrestling too closely over the last few months and yet im still going to get this one. Such is the awesomeness of the Rumble.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If HHH wins it from #1 I'll be pissed. It's happened before, but those sorts of things should be very rare. My buggest concern is that Benoit holds the record for longest time in the rumble and the WWE might be keen to erase his name from their history books ala the way they did with Lesnar being the youngest champ ever.

Bulldog Force

Referee
How long have Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels done? I think they'd be pretty close to the record too. Maybe even Triple H?

I got an idea for a wrestling poll I'll create :D

ucantseeme

Juniors
It's gonna come down to the clicks me thinks.

Option 1: HHH, Big Show & Koslov as the final 3 with HHH miraculously winning. Sets up HHH vs Cena at WMania.

Option 2: Orton & Rhodes & Dibiase and sum1 else as final 4. Orton to win.

Jono Russell

Bench
Rumor I read about today from wrestle-complex.com below;

- On SmackDown, they were doing a storyline where Vickie Guerrero was going to have Triple H enter the Royal Rumble match as the number one entrant, but the angle has been dropped. The Rumble match has been re-booked in recent days and his originally scheduled role and storyline in the match has changed.

Just watched the Rumble match on youtube. They needed someone to clean house a bit earlier. Got to the big show and there was still half the field left, from there is was just bam, bam, thank you mam, and before you know it, there's 6 of them left, then a minute later it's all over. For me, anything more than 10 at a time in the rumble is too many. These mid carders don't get over by dancing around for half an hour and not dumping anyone.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sorry for the lateness - I didn't get a chance to watch the rumble until now.

Firstly, I was wrong about Christian being #30 - everyone thought it was going to be the case but the WWE pulled another one out on us again. The #30 entrant was no one special nor did it catch anyone by surprise - Big Show #30 - wtf?

Secondly, Matt Hardy turning on Jeff was a silencer.

I know HBK was going to hit the SCM on JBL.

Melina won - about time BP lost the title.

Matt Hardy didn't deserve to win - and so it's good that he didn't.

A heel winning the RR? The wwe has done it again.

Firstly, I was wrong about Christian being #30 - everyone thought it was going to be the case but the WWE pulled another one out on us again. The #30 entrant was no one special nor did it catch anyone by surprise - Big Show #30 - wtf?
I didn't mind the Show at 30. basically the rules for 30 are:
-Main eventer making a comeback from injury or Upper Mid Carder (or up) making his return to the company
-A giant who can come in and clean house or a main event heel.

If it wasn't the Big Show then for me it had to be Kane or Kozlov

That's another thing that surprised me - Koslov was eliminated very early. I thought he would've been in the last 5.

Even though he went early, he made a big impact. What he did will get him more over than what one of the guys who just lay there for 15 minutes before getting dumped by HHH or Orton.