What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Wato

Juniors
That Hardy return was awesome and made for a really good ladder match. This has been a really good Mania so far and so far the booking has held up its end of the bargain unlike last year.

Rhyno

First Grade
Enzo and cass should have won the titles

But as soon as they made it a ladder match you knew the Hardy's were coming back and winning the titles

Oh God, they're going to close out with Reigns vs Undertaker. Cant help but feel Undertaker is going to put Reigns over, and have the PPV go off air in a chorus of boo's.

Jono078

Referee
Wow so many botches in this main event, kinda feel sorry for them. Undertaker's time is up.

Awesome many so far. Lesnar and Goldberg was unreal and how the first should have been.

Jono078

Referee
Definitely a passing of the torch Mania (Hardy's excluded).

Really enjoyed most matches. The main event didn't hit every note they wanted to and Cena Miz was shit.

Overall I'd say a good Mania.

Wato

Juniors
Really enjoyed that show actually one of my favourite ever manias and for the most part they got the booking correct. Hardy boys return was great, AJ and Shane had a fantastic match, Rollins and triple h told a real good story and they finally gave Bayley that big baby face win she needed without someone else's help. Orton and Wyatt can continue their feud too with Wyatt out for vengeance now.

azzah72

Bench
I savaged last years WM and think there hasn't been a real solid card top to bottom for a while.

In saying that, Not perfect but I think I enjoyed this mania the most since maybe 30?

I think they got it wrong not putting Goldberg and Lesnar last, even though it was always going to be short, they knew exactly what to do and it was great!

The taker match was sad and told a pretty sad story more so than they probably expected as taker just can't go anymore and the final stretch was just yuck!

Sad to see him go though, we'll always have 23-29 as a great streak of matches!

I loved Miz being a douche
Hardys returning was fun
HHH vs Rollin was ok but HHH has this thing where he needs and wants to do methodical and gritty and frankly it never lives up to what it could be
First two matches were great with AJ/Shane actually surprising me

My only downside was Orton/Wyatt, wtf was that? Oh an pitbull.

I think they got it wrong in 2 of the title matches - Wyatt should have retained the WWE Title over Orton and Ambrose should have dropped the IC Title to Corbin. I also get he story they told with Undertaker, but to have Reigns be the guy to retire him when the crowd still isn't fully behind him will most likely work against him going forward in the short term. But overall it was...

tenor.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't mind Reigns (he's not a favourite, but I don't mind him) - but having him beat Taker is just wrong, imo - especially seeing as it was The Phenom's swansong.

Boo, WWE - boo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I savaged last years WM and think there hasn't been a real solid card top to bottom for a while.

In saying that, Not perfect but I think I enjoyed this mania the most since maybe 30?

I think they got it wrong not putting Goldberg and Lesnar last, even though it was always going to be short, they knew exactly what to do and it was great!

The taker match was sad and told a pretty sad story more so than they probably expected as taker just can't go anymore and the final stretch was just yuck!

Sad to see him go though, we'll always have 23-29 as a great streak of matches!

I loved Miz being a douche
Hardys returning was fun
HHH vs Rollin was ok but HHH has this thing where he needs and wants to do methodical and gritty and frankly it never lives up to what it could be
First two matches were great with AJ/Shane actually surprising me

My only downside was Orton/Wyatt, wtf was that? Oh an pitbull.

Broke my heart to see what Taker is these days.

I would have thought they could have sent him out a winner, but instead, they used it to try to turn Reigns heel.

Which is not a bad idea, tbh - but it saddened me to see Taker in the shape he was in.

One of the true GOATs imo.

It was definitely time for Taker to retire. Maybe a year or two too late, but still sad to see him go.

I believe Bray Wyatt's 0-3 could be the worst mania record ever, Jeff was 0-5 but he got the W tonight.

Another fun fact, Trips now has 12 mania losses, more than anyone else (Seth, Reigns, Bryan, Taker x3, Orton, Cena, Batista, Benoit, Kane & Warrior). Crazy when you think about the heat he gets for not putting people over. Ironically two of the worst booking decisions in mania history were matches where HHH went over (Booker & Sting).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Has someone been watching the WhatCuluture videos? They went over those stats recently lol

My take on WM

- They SHOULD have used Reigns victory to make him heel. Taker, Sad to say it's too long. Would have left it with the loss to Brock last year and then finish up. Please don't do a Ric Flair and carry on wrestling past your best.

- Seth/Triple H match, I'm glad that Seth got the W here. Surprised we didn't see Finn or Joe at all. Triple H I feel should now stick to being an on-screen non wrestling talent from here on in as well.

Goldberg/Brock - Entertaining match, predictable result. I am pissed that Brock kicked out of the Jackhammer (is that the first in history?!) though. After being squashed so quickly previously, all of a sudden he can kick out of spears and a jackhammer?

Hardyz coming was great! I'm keen to see the direction they go with them. Hoping Matt will still be broken, he showed glimpses of it. The potential of what you can do with these two currently is immense.

New Day hosting - Actually liked it. They are my current guilty pleasure. The IWC in general is sick of them, but I still feel their vibe. They generally look like they are having fun with what they are doing.

Cena/Miz was rather dissappointing

Bray NEEDED that win. God I hope they have a plan for him. Re-unite the Wyatt family perhaps?

Surprised that Rawley won the Andre Battle Royal

Not a bad WM though.

Are we due another draft this year?
I'd like t see Braun go over to SD! Unite the Wyatt family, but you know, book em good. Bray in the championship race, Harper/Rowan as a tag team. Braun destroying everyone, maybe give him the IC title

Parra Pride

Coach
Nakamura, Dillinger and Almas where all supposedly a certainty to be on the main roster this week. So presumably they're are all on Smackdown, or they will be called up with the "Superstar Shakeup" they're doing next week.

Was great to finally see the Revival called up though, with any kind of luck they'll wind up on Smackdown next week.

The Hardys on Raw Talk looked very much like their old WWE runs. Though Matt did drop a few little nods to the gimmick. Here's hoping they are just waiting until all the lawsuit bullshit blows over before WWE pulls the trigger and lets the Broken brilliance shine through.