What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

lolesi

First Grade
4-3 win over arsenal.

Great stuff!

As always, Moreno sucked complete ass and our forwards were clinical.

Nice start. Looks like most of our games will be 11-9 or the like. Can score, can't defend.

Klopp said after the match he felt his getting involved in the post goal celebration of Mane's goal sent the wrong signal to the team. He felt they shut up shop. Mind you it was funny seeing Klopp giving Mane a piggy back ride.

cb4

First Grade
Interesting game. at 3-1 it had Arsenal coming back into the game all over it, so was surprised to see the 4th go in.
But none the less, we went to sleep and could have easily drawn that at 4-4.

Moreno is absolute shite. He needs to go. Lucky for Mignolet, he has made a habit of saving Pens on the opening day.
Was impressed with Gini and Mane. Thought Lallana was quality as well.

Still think we need a LB, DM and right back cover before the window is over.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Moreno does need to be replaced but outside of that i dont think we'll spend.

We'll use trent aa as backup on the right imo and stewart and ejaria as our dm backup (outside of can).

No europe and keeping our first team on the park where possible, could be a very interesting season.

saint.nick

Coach
Still don't think we need a DM. Despite conceding 3 goals, I don't think it vindicates the need. Hendo is defensively good, but he was struggling to shore up the midfield by himself since Wijnaldum isn't a defensive player, plus Wijnaldum was just completely lost in the first half. Once Can came on, the midfield looked a lot more shored up.

A new LB is a no brainer though, I don't think I've seen a worse fullback than Moreno in my life. Not even Konchesky was this bad. He doesn't actually know what defending is, he thinks it's just running after players and putting in highlight reel slide tackles. If Moreno wasn't fast, he wouldn't even be a look-in for any top flight team.
So, people say that wasn't Arsenal's strongest defence, but it wasn't ours either. Moreno is being nudged out by Klopp, Lovren probably isn't a long term starter, and Mignolet is not our starter either. A month ago you would have said Klavan isn't first choice, but no one knew how solid as f**k he would be. I know its early days, but he looks like such a bargain.

Coutinho was magnificent. His anonymity in the first half was only due to the poor overall performance of the team. Once he started getting the ball, he was electric.

Coutinho may be MOTM but I was more excited by Mane, as we know what to expect from Coutinho. That was an amazing debut from Mane, his goal left me speechless. When is the last time Liverpool had a speed demon on the wing who can just tear through defences like that and bang it into the back of the net? One of the most impressive Liverpool goals I've seen in recent years, without a doubt, and an early contender for EPL goal of the season. He is a wickedly talented player, the hope is he does that virtually every game.

Gigi was useless in the first half, but his performance in the second vindicated what Klopp did with his team selection. When I saw the starting list I knew what he was trying to do. He wanted to keep Hendo in the holding role, and let Wijnaldum bomb forward using his goals/assists threat with our forwards so the team could take advantage of Arsenal's brittle defence. His assist for Lallana was fantastic (who took the chance superbly), and it's exactly what we bought him to do.

So despite the defensive vulnerabiltiy, I'm stoked. We scored 4 at Arsenal, how can you not be stoked about that. I think Klopp's antics after Mane's goal had a lot to do with Arsenal's quick reply. When your manager is running around acting like you've already won the game, it can most definitely instil some complacency into the team, and Klopp basically admitted so after the match.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Haven't watched the replay as yet only highlights but great to get the win to start the season.

From the looks of things though we were pretty average except for a 25 minute killer spell.

Mane's goal was quality, jeez he is a threat down that right side.

I think we may be seeing Milner at LB when he comes back in, solid defender and can pass.. I'm just worried he might get burned for pace.

I have a feeling they are waiting on Benteke's sale to finance a left back signing, otherwise they would have signed one by now after being knocked back by Chilwell.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm pretty convinced that Moreno is finished, and Milner will be the new short term left back until a permanent solution is found.

Foz

Bench
Let's hope the win doesn't sugar coat the obvious defensive problems.
Maybe we're going back to the thinking it doesn't matter how many you score we'll just score more.
Might work on a nice fine day but wait till winter sets in and we need defenders to actually defend.
Get the cheque book out.
Must be someone who wants to play for us that can defend.
Clyne looked like he was one of our best attackers or was I confusing him with Mane.
Either way there's a threat down that right side.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't think we're going back to the thinking that shipping goals in is okay because we can supposedly score more, Klopp isn't that stupid.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I have a feeling they are waiting on Benteke's sale to finance a left back signing, otherwise they would have signed one by now after being knocked back by Chilwell.
We weren't knocked back by him unfortunately. He actually wanted to come to us but we wouldn't meet the 12m valuation placed on him.

It'll be another Alli situation u watch. We'll haggle over a small amount and miss out of a quality youngster.

Watched the game this afternoon and when we were on we looked great. Slow start and when we took the foot of the pedal we looked average but it's still obvious there is plenty of improvement.

Mane will be brilliant for us. He gives his opposite nightmares with that pace. Klavan was good as well. No frills get the job done defender. I'd be happy with a Matip-Klavan centre half pairing. Both have game intelligence and calmness which we lack a lot of the time. Moreno can get f**ked big time as well.

Can't complain with taking all 3 points from the Emirates as we usually get done there.

Also read on another site that if we can find a buyer that Mama Sakho will definitely be sold. He must've really done something upset the coaching staff.

saint.nick

Coach
We weren't knocked back by him unfortunately. He actually wanted to come to us but we wouldn't meet the 12m valuation placed on him.

It'll be another Alli situation u watch. We'll haggle over a small amount and miss out of a quality youngster.

Watched the game this afternoon and when we were on we looked great. Slow start and when we took the foot of the pedal we looked average but it's still obvious there is plenty of improvement.

Mane will be brilliant for us. He gives his opposite nightmares with that pace. Klavan was good as well. No frills get the job done defender. I'd be happy with a Matip-Klavan centre half pairing. Both have game intelligence and calmness which we lack a lot of the time. Moreno can get f**ked big time as well.

Can't complain with taking all 3 points from the Emirates as we usually get done there.

Also read on another site that if we can find a buyer that Mama Sakho will definitely be sold. He must've really done something upset the coaching staff.
Yeah, this Sakho situation is f**king odd. Surely he has done more than transgress the few times that led to him being sent back home from pre-season. The eds on the site are being extremely vague.

cb4

First Grade
Various reports that Klopp will persevere with Moreno as he has a willingness to learn.
f**k me dead.
Talking about Milner and Klavan being options.
The best option would be to buy a left back.

Also been linked with a 15mil plus Lucas move for Gary Medel. That is a sensational move.

saint.nick

Coach
I believe he will use Milner until they find another LB to sign.

I'm not confident about those Medel reports but I hope I'm wrong.

Foz

Bench
In the last 5 years wasn't it only the Liverpool 2013 side that had more than 50 goals scored against it and made top 4?
Read that somewhere online so don't know how true it is but sounds about right.
I can't see the defence we currently have as keeping the goals below 50 for the year.
Milner will do a job but he's not a long term solution.
Hope he gets a bit of practice marking Mane and Clyne at training.
They'll sort out if he's quick enough to play there.