What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your most hated players

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I re-watched most of the game years later, and some of Manly's plays were out of this world.
They were better that year than 2011.

Can't seem to find that match anywhere online now, oh well.

Incidentally that was my gf's (now wife's) first real taste of the Warriors, a bunch of mates specifically got together to watch it unfold. Yeah... not a great match to sell your beloved team.

Stewart between the legs pass just before halftime was unreal

Have the DVD of the game as part of the Premiership Victory pack for the year. 2008 was the peak of League for me, great year with Manly and the World Cup. 110-6 across 3 games in the finals was dominant, and the roar in the GF when Menzies touched down was unreal, don't think I'll hear anything that loud ever again

MKEB...

Staff member
  • Non -warrior... Daly Cherry Evans. Just pisses me right off in so many ways, playing for Manly is the least of reasons
  • Warriors...Monty Betham. A penalty magnet: I could never warm to him as either a player or as captain

playdaball

Bench
Hate is a strong word but the way Slater carries on with his dives gives reason to put him up there, this despite his great feats on the field.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
  • Non -warrior... Daly Cherry Evans. Just pisses me right off in so many ways, playing for Manly is the least of reasons
  • Warriors...Monty Betham. A penalty magnet: I could never warm to him as either a player or as captain

I forgot DCE, can't stand the f**ker. Absolute dog act in the way he treated the Titans, and seems like he's at it again with the Hastings thing. He's a poor excuse for a man.

Izz

Bench
I forgot DCE, can't stand the f**ker. Absolute dog act in the way he treated the Titans, and seems like he's at it again with the Hastings thing. He's a poor excuse for a man.
Look, we can't be too hard on DCE. He's a midget giraffe disguised as a human, so we can't expect him to be able to fully imitate human behavioural patterns

94uJjCw.jpg
94uJjCw.jpg

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
Smith and Slater. Although Thurston is missing me off lots these days.

As far as Warriors go, Lewis Brown. I think he contributed to the bad culture here.

Blair

Coach

Also, during one of our low points, we lost a golden-point under Cappy.

True to form I baulked during the death (I don't do that this year!) and eventually had enough dutch courage to log back on to this live-stream comments forum I was on.

The first comment I saw was, 'DCE!!!'

I hated him for a minute.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Can anyone elaborate on this "Price ripping into Witt" thing? Did this happen on the field straight after it happened? Do we know something more about this beyond what appeared to be happening on screen?

Like most Warriors fans that game and try are some of my fondest memories and I have never heard or seen anything about the aftermath until now.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Everyone OK with Hayne?

I don't really actively dislike him he just seems like a loser at this point. The others actively do things on the field that piss me off.

He's barely relevant enough to be concerned about at this point.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Can anyone elaborate on this "Price ripping into Witt" thing? Did this happen on the field straight after it happened? Do we know something more about this beyond what appeared to be happening on screen?

Like most Warriors fans that game and try are some of my fondest memories and I have never heard or seen anything about the aftermath until now.

http://www.pressreader.com/new-zealand/the-press/20080917/282041912937151

Fairly strong from Pricey.

That game in Melbourne, Witt would only play 2 more times for us. He started 2009 in reserve grade, at fullback no less. I remember thinking at the time it was an incredible fall from grace for a guy who was feted as the greatest goal kicker in our history, wasn't a bad player, and was replaced by an unproven in Joel Moon. I always felt his try-scoring shenanigans cost him, but I'm sure Ivan and Pricey would tell you otherwise.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I used to dislike Brent Tate as well, for no real reason other than he used to always seem to pull out a huge game against the Warriors. Became quite a fan when he came here. Doubt I'd have felt the same way if we'd ever signed Mr William Slater, he gets away with crap that noone else would. :/

I can't remember if I disliked Brent Tate (probably not because I've always supported QLD) but honestly, he's one of the best guys I've met in sport. He was an absolute champion. Competitive as all hell on the field, and had to overcome a significant amount with his injuries to keep playing. And he was a genuinely good bloke. Will never forget once I was down to interview him, and he was running late...because he had a sore throat and could hardly talk. But he pitched up and did the interview and wouldn't have it that I said don't worry about it. That's always stuck with me, very rare in league.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Ooh, a player who I didn't hate per she but who did a single act that I hated most of all, if that makes sense? George Rose in the GF. That prick should have been marched. Archer was gutless

Warriorsoul

Juniors
I can't remember if I disliked Brent Tate (probably not because I've always supported QLD) but honestly, he's one of the best guys I've met in sport. He was an absolute champion. Competitive as all hell on the field, and had to overcome a significant amount with his injuries to keep playing. And he was a genuinely good bloke. Will never forget once I was down to interview him, and he was running late...because he had a sore throat and could hardly talk. But he pitched up and did the interview and wouldn't have it that I said don't worry about it. That's always stuck with me, very rare in league.
And the single most gut wrenching thing I've seen in 35 years of watching league was Tate breaking down in the dressing room when he blew out his knee again. :(

Blair

Coach
I'm halfway through the cracking GF of '89, Balmain v Canberra. It's 12-2 to the Tigers at the break and they look unstoppable.

However, if Whizz Freeman wasn't Kiwi I'd have hated him. In every tackle he's up to no good.

Latest posts