What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Saturday Night

cheese

Bench
ShireShark said:
we drank some breezers at the cricket, i dont mind buying the ol' lolly water, i'm secure enough in my sexuality and masculinity to admit i love the taste!
:lol:

Yaa i cop plenty of shit from the boys whilst necking them. It doesnt stop me though, orange breezers are gold.

Havent had stella on tap yet ........It'd probably be a good'en

PJ

First Grade
And stella is a fine drop, but the patriot in me doesnt want to brand some euro trash with the "worlds best beer" tag. I reckon we've got plenty of good brewers down here.

Well if want patriotism then most beers out of the James Squire brewery can claim number one.

A couple of years ago they did a limited release beer called Great White. It was superb, especially on a hot summer day.

Try Stella on tap though and I reckon your patriotism will vanish. LIke all beer it is far better on tap.

And Raki is not as bad tasting as it is smelling, though helps if you are half cut before downing the first. I got my father inlaw the drunkest he has ever been on it and my mother in law has only just started talking to me again as a result. I guess I need another bottle and I'll get another 7 years peace :D

bazza

Immortal
cheese said:
And stella is a fine drop, but the patriot in me doesnt want to brand some euro trash with the "worlds best beer" tag

The advertising slogan for Stella is "refreshingly expensive"

sharknows

Bench
All this talk about your boutique beers - give me a VB any day - I just don't know how they can make it so cheap!!!! :D

cheese

Bench
baz :lol:

here here sharknows .........9 times out of ten i'll order a schooey of veeb .........when buying cartons though, i like to dabble around in the market

bazza said:
cheese said:
And stella is a fine drop, but the patriot in me doesnt want to brand some euro trash with the "worlds best beer" tag

The advertising slogan for Stella is "refreshingly expensive"

"Reassuringly expensive", actually. (I used to work with their ad agency in London).

Shark

Bench
PJ, gotta agree with you...

Makers Mark is a mighty fine drop. On ice, with just a splash of coke, or dry ginger ale - From a bottle, not that postmix crap.

And Morpheus - Reschs??? A bartender mate of mine once told me that Reschs smelt and tasted the same as beer from a keg that had gone rotten! Go get yourself some Coopers. Much better stuff.

beerboy

Juniors
Salmon said:
Ughhh. I have bad memories of some choclate liquer called mudslide on Carols by Cruiser.
quote]
yeah i that during the Wallabies vs All Blacks semi final
had a whole bottle and it got me only 4 VBs-ish drunk it was a joke

beerboy

Juniors
cheese said:
ShireShark said:
we drank some breezers at the cricket, i dont mind buying the ol' lolly water, i'm secure enough in my sexuality and masculinity to admit i love the taste!
:lol:

Yaa i cop plenty of sh*t from the boys whilst necking them. It doesnt stop me though, orange breezers are gold.

Havent had stella on tap yet ........It'd probably be a good'en
yeah im with u guys i dont mind a bit of a dabble with the chicks drinks
when we were up in the Gold Coast we were only allowed cans in the apartment so after 3 days of XXXX in tinnies we got over the metallic taste that can be rotten, so had some UDLs in the cans for a few nights they go down well, taste a beaut like Lift & Fanta

plus they reel in the chicks, whenever they spot u with one there swarming over u to sly a taste of it

dont mind the old Strongbow everynow and then, but they leave u with a dry as mouth next day

Anonymous

Juniors
Ok look, I don't know what's wrong with all you people, but here's the deal.

As far as arty farty premium beers go, you can't beat a Becks. For el cheapo standard stock stuff, you need to drink Teds. And if you want to get sloshed drinking spirits, go hard with the Captain Morgan rum. Its black, its Jamaican, it smells like shit and tastes like heaven.

As far as arty farty premium beers go, you can't beat a Becks. For el cheapo standard stock stuff, you need to drink Teds
Becks SUCKS
I'm not saying this is you Z but I laugh every time someone suggests buying extra dry, like it's some premium beer or something, you may as well drink Carlton Cold, which is an atrocious orange coloured, beer flavoured sludge.

I bought a case of smirnoff ice double blacks for NYE. They go down alright, nice and strong.

my saturday night went to the pub with a heap of mates got f**kin pist as.Then on the way to the next pub me and a mate got kickeed off the bus 4 drinking and uniproprate langage and spent the next hour walkin b4 we got a ride. but it was a good night had a few laughs cant remember a space of about 4 hours so thats always good.

beerboy

Juniors
Coldies always seem to have too much head
and i once got one that smelt like rotten cheese so it turned me off them
TEDs r great but there a tad small almost throwie size

Anonymous

Juniors
Becks SUCKS

No no don't be silly. Its a very nice beer.

I'm not saying this is you Z but I laugh every time someone suggests buying extra dry, like it's some premium beer or something, you may as well drink Carlton Cold, which is an atrocious orange coloured, beer flavoured sludge.

Dont worry, I'm under no illusions as to how very standard Teds are. Doesn't mean I don't like 'em though... ;-)