What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Beavers Headgear said:
I think Lance was injured

Congratz, a gritty/boring win is far better than a flashy/exciting loss. Only downside is that the Madhouse wont be streaking up Queen St tomorrow morning now :p

Thats lucky.

I wouldn't have been on Queen St until the afternoon

Warriors site said that he played center and scored a try in each half. Although it seems bizarre that he'd play center for the Lions, I'm shocked that he re-signed if the future plans for him at the Warriors revolve around him playing center...

I'm curious as to who ended up playing fullback though, since Locke apparently went off injured in the first half. Hope it isn't anything too bad since he looks to be a top prospect.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think Lance or Marto have gone well this year at all to be frank. Their defence is getting busted a bit, and they're not breaking the line. The last few weeks, particularly against Melbourne and Canterbury Hohaia dropped a lot of unforced ball at crucial stages. I thought it was inevitable he'd be dropped sooner or later. Marto I think was starting to get picked on his goal kicking and experience, but he was getting exposed in defence and not offering any attack and Michael Witt showed what a lot of us already knew that he is a top line goal kicker. From recollection, his career record is around 80%, and he's hummed some rippers over from the sideline particularly when he was at Parramatta.

I was liking Ropo at 6, but I guess now he should move to the centres... particularly with next year looming we could have McKinnon Ah Van Ropati Tate Vatuvei Witt Rovelli which could be alright. I think Mannering is an entirely better player as a backrower, so for the rest of the reason, provided Byrne is consistent I'd like to see him perservered with in the centres. He defended very well last night on Paul Gallen in particular, and he's a very good player. He got into dummy half and took some important dummy half runs. I wouldn't resign him, but I'd keep him at centre ahead of Martin. And as DMM knows, I was initially a Martin fan, but to be honest, he just hasn't been the player he once was. He was outstanding at Melbourne before going to England. He used to be very quick and make a tonne of line breaks.... now he's submissive and weak.

Skinner

Coach
Waitakere Warrior Fan said:
Warriors site said that he played center and scored a try in each half. Although it seems bizarre that he'd play center for the Lions, I'm shocked that he re-signed if the future plans for him at the Warriors revolve around him playing center...

I'm curious as to who ended up playing fullback though, since Locke apparently went off injured in the first half. Hope it isn't anything too bad since he looks to be a top prospect.

Aidan would have moved to fullback, but I'm not sure who would have covered his centre
spot as Miguel Start also came off in the first half and Con would have replaced him.

Maybe Lui.....

I'd just vaguely wondered if Lance might have moved there since he played fullback in one of the trials. But forgot about Aidan so you're probably right about that.

I like Hohaia as a player and wish we could make a place for him in the team, but I agree with dropping him if he's going to be used at center. He's a good defender for a little bloke, but he's way too small to be a long term option there. I've always thought Byrne was a better center than winger and I still think it's too soon to move Mannering into the forwards. He's just another of our cookie cutter second rowers, but offers something different with his size out at center.

Micistm

Bench
Perhaps a utility bench player...That's my answer to everything, shove 'em on the bench. I don't know what the answer is TBH, just feel he's a bit hard done by playing out of position to fill the gap for a team, and not too badly, then dropped.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Wiki needs to get schooled on how to be a prop. Or he needs to come to the realisation that he'll never be the prop that Price is and either retire or commit seppuku.

MKEB...

Staff member
NZ Warrior said:
Wiki needs to get schooled on how to be a prop. Or he needs to come to the realisation that he'll never be the prop that Price is and either retire or commit seppuku.

He would have to ask his feudal lord first, and I dont think Scurrah-san would let him.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
He would have to ask his feudal lord first, and I dont think Scurrah-san would let him.

Or he could become an apprentice to Price-san. Price-san will be disappointed in him, then Wiki can commit seppuku honourably. And the Warriors won't have to pay out his contract, EVERYONE WINS!!!

Rich102

Staff member
NZ Warrior said:

Wiki? Drop his guts? Never!

-Dr.J-

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
Because all honourable Samurai's went around "dropping their guts", didn't they.:roll:

No, but in the traditional method you stand your sword up then lean over it with your stomach.

da mad maori

Juniors
No wonder I dont come here often. Reading crap like this. Getting right on a parr with the kindergarden across the road.

Ok, ok, simple reply coming out, dont read it, but I do, in a hope that there is something constructive to read.
Wazza, thought you had departed mate.Make up your mind.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
da mad maori said:
No wonder I dont come here often. Reading crap like this. Getting right on a parr with the kindergarden across the road.

Ok, ok, simple reply coming out, dont read it, but I do, in a hope that there is something constructive to read.

That post made little to no sense what so ever. Maybe you should start attending that kindgarten across the road, DMM.

I come and go when I please. I do what I want to do.

ozbash

Referee

are you serious, or what ?

is there a set of rules you'd like posters to conform to ?, there is a heap of 'constructive reads' on this board. Its also a reasonably easy going place to have your say without being judged and labelled by fellow forum members, ie, we dont take each other too seriously and 9 times out of 10 get a laugh out of each other.

????????

Status
Not open for further replies.