What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Bring it On... The New Qantas Emirates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigs

Immortal
Former New South Wales premier Kristina Keneally is set to appear before the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) inquiry into Australian Water Holdings (AWH) today.

ICAC has heard a Sydney Water official advised Ms Keneally's office to "drive a stake through the heart" of a Cabinet minute about a deal with AWH in 2010.

It is alleged the minute was doctored by former Labor ministers Tony Kelly and Joe Tripodi in AWH's favour because their colleague Eddie Obeid had a secret share in the company.

Yesterday, commissioner Megan Latham said she did not think a corrupt conduct finding would be made against Liberal Senator Arthur Sinodinos, who was on the AWH board until he resigned to enter Federal Parliament in 2011.

"Whether a corrupt conduct finding could ever be made against Mr Sinodinos ... I have myself some difficulty in seeing how that could occur," the commissioner said.

AWH is accused of corruptly obtaining money from the state-owned Sydney Water and using the money for executive salaries and donations to the Liberal Party around the time Senator Sinodonis was on the AWH board.

Corrupt conduct allegations were not made against Senator Sinodonis at the start of the inquiry, but some witnesses have stated that he was warned that the directors of AWH were dishonest.

There have also been various allegations about him being questioned over the company's expenses.

The inquiry has previously heard Senator Sinodinos was on a salary of over $200,000 as a board member of AWH and stood to make millions from a deal with Sydney Water.

Senator Sinodinos stepped aside as assistant treasurer pending the outcome of the inquiry and is due to give evidence next week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-27/keneally-to-give-evidence-at-icac-today/5348082

Pssssst lol

Patience is being rewarded Grasshopper

Arthur Sinodinos awaits corruption ruling

The Independent Commission Against Corruption has left the door open to a finding of corrupt conduct against Liberal Senator Arthur Sinodinos, potentially on the grounds that he breached his duties as a director of the company Australian Water Holdings.

Commissioner Megan Latham, who is presiding over the inquiry into allegedly corrupt dealings by AWH, said on Wednesday it was unclear ?what other evidence might emerge? and she had not ruled out the possibility of findings against Senator Sinodinos.

The barrister for the Liberal Party heavyweight, Tony Bannon, SC, had argued that alleged breaches of directors? duties by his client ?can?t rationally be corruption? and are ?not within the purview of this inquiry?.

Ms Latham appeared to agree, but said later she had not expressed ?any preliminary view?

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politic...uption-ruling-20140326-35iuy.html?skin=iphone

Surely

Post Whore
Let's see, Vic nsw tas qld wa federal, alp can fit in a tarrago in Qld

And despite all your pssssting the only people likely to live in a cell all have alp links

Yeah I'm ok :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Hey Sureles did you hear this today.... from ICAC

Now we have pole dancing as an expense AWH was billing Sydney Water.

(Thommo no doubt)

Surely

Post Whore
Hey Sureles did you hear this today.... from ICAC

Now we have pole dancing as an expense AWH was billing Sydney Water.

(Thommo no doubt)

As I said anyone involved has links to the alp, they are either in the party or friends of the alp Mafia, arfur included.

Quigs

Immortal
hmmmm Hartcher come on down.... and slush fund money to a few Fib central coasters.

Keep an eye out for it Sureles.

Wonder how munch it costs for private pole dancers on the card.

Surely

Post Whore
I sure hope eddies mate arfur gets some finding against him, just so you've got some kind of light at the end of the tunnel

Who is hartcher ?

Quigs

Immortal
Here is another one for youse Sureles.

There is Can't Do the Can'ts hand picked man up here. He is the bloke that is a Director of the Great Barrier Reef Mob that just approved the big dumping of dredging stuff on the Reef.

Well its just coming out now that the same bloke is up to his ears in the QLD Water mob that was set up by Good Old Eddie and the LNP bloke was on the payroll. Hmmmmm the net is spreading ..... I'll get youse a surname soon.

But youse have been told.

Quigs

Immortal
Hartcher .... central coast Lib man... a bagman ... collector and distributor of funds.

Did you happen to know that the new member for Dobell.... the blonde was asked in parliament today to put on the record that she knew nothing of the distribution of funds obtained from the donations made to AWH by Sydney Water...

Hartcher was throwing the Fibs money around the central coast ... apparently

Quigs

Immortal
Treasurer Sloppy Joe gets a big call up to a global thinktank. He has been appointed because of his vast knowledge of the international monetary affairs.

The commission is a project of the US-based Center for American Progress and is co-chaired by former US treasury secretary Larry Summers and Britain's shadow chancellor Ed Balls.

Hang on... hold all tickets ... I've got the wrong Treasurer.

It's Swanny.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/22201504/ex-treasurer-swan-gets-new-honour/

Who'd duh thunk that.

Surely

Post Whore
Michael Williamson jailed over 'parasitic plundering' of Health Services Union funds
By court reporter Jamelle Wells
Updated 1 hour 7 minutes ago

Michael Williamson
PHOTO: The sentencing judge described Michael Williamson's fraud as "a reprehensible betrayal of the union". (AAP: Mick Tsikas)
RELATED STORY: Williamson apologises as union claims back fundsRELATED STORY: Former HSU boss Williamson admits fraud offences
MAP: Sydney 2000
Former Health Services Union boss Michael Williamson has been sentenced to seven-and-a-half years in jail for fraud.

The New South Wales District Court was packed as sentencing Judge David Frearson described Williamson as "brazen and arrogant".

The judge said Williamson was in a position of power when he defrauded the union of nearly $1 million.

The former Australian Labor Party president submitted false invoices to the union from a company in his wife's name.

Judge Frearson described Williamson's "parasitic plundering of union funds for pure greed".

Williamson showed no emotion as he discovered his fate and sat staring at the judge until he was led away.

The 60-year-old will be eligible for parole after serving five years in prison.

Judge Frearson said Williamson "exercised extreme power" and had an income of around $500,000 at the time of the offences.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-...tencing-hearing-begins-over-hsu-fraud/5351400

What do you think quigs, sentence a bit light.

10k per week to run a union that's more than Newman's on to run a state

The Popper

Bench
I reckon Kristina Keneally's a good sort. I stood next to her at the Opera House once.
That's got you jealous, hasn't it, Quigs. :shock: I guess you'll just have to settle for Julia. :eek:

Quigs

Immortal
I reckon Kristina Keneally's a good sort. I stood next to her at the Opera House once.
That's got you jealous, hasn't it, Quigs. :shock: I guess you'll just have to settle for Julia. :eek:

Got an eye for the good lookers Popper. I always had you pencilled in for the stronger type of woman. I always thought of you as a Bromwyn Bishop type.

Me ... well, ummm, arhhhhhhhhhh (lipsmack) ummmmm well

labsorts.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
I reckon that good old Sureles would be a Kelly O'Bigmouth O'dwyer type. She never shuts up too.

6a00e0097e4e68883301287621690c970c-320wi

Quigs

Immortal
and of course our Comrade Reefy would have to think along the lines of the ummer and arrhhring lip smacking PM who reckons this shiela from the Westies is a good sort.

Yep Fiona represents all things Westie.

627095-130814-tony-abbott-and-fiona-scott.jpg

Surely

Post Whore
Pussy is pussy I'd even shag a green if she showered

Poor old Michael though it's going to be penis for him.

Quigs

Immortal
Even In good old Rupes Daily Telecrap... Its on Sureles and Comrade Reefy

You really couldn’t make it up. NSW politics is starting to look like an episode of the Kevin Spacey series House of Cards. What’s before us are allegations that corruption and inappropriate lobbying crossed party lines.

There is also the Eight by Five inquiry called Operation Spicer to start next month that we have heard Mr Sinodinos will feature in again, where millions in illegal donations from developers and others are said to have gone through the slush fund.

Source

Surely

Post Whore
Even In good old Rupes Daily Telecrap... Its on Sureles and Comrade Reefy

You really couldn?t make it up. NSW politics is starting to look like an episode of the Kevin Spacey series House of Cards. What?s before us are allegations that corruption and inappropriate lobbying crossed party lines.

There is also the Eight by Five inquiry called Operation Spicer to start next month that we have heard Mr Sinodinos will feature in again, where millions in illegal donations from developers and others are said to have gone through the slush fund.

Source

That can only be a good thing, get the crooked out of politics.

Quigs

Immortal
Hmmmmmm did youse Tories see that report on the massive swings state wide against CanDo the Can't and his party. And Comrade Reefyson reckoned we won't see a Lab Guvmint in Qlds in my lifetime ..... hmmmmmmm

and Sureles .... Psssssts..... pssssts..... those three members of the NT Guvmint just slid their resignation letters under the door.

lets see what happens now.

NT - Qld ( 15 months out) - Vic in Nov....

Dont think that python thingy will get passed

Quigs

Immortal
Hey Sureles... youse realise that the Hartcher thingy starts at ICAC on the 28th.

Youse do know that 3 Fibs are involved in that. Think it has to do with Reefys slush fund.

Do you reckon that Can Do the Can't Newman might be next in the queue.

It's hotting up isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts