What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Broncos

strider

Post Whore
if we had of got up over manly, right now we'd be outright first with a -7 for/against differential - lol

Not a bad game. I quite enjoyed it.

Very understated HJ. Personally, I loved it!

Not only was it entertaining football, but I really enjoyed watching the Drongos go down in front of their home fans.

In fact, I enjoyed that more than I did watching the Tigers humble an arrogant Souff$ earlier this year.

I'm not an Eels supporter, but I think the NRL is healthier with a strong blue & gold.

And everybody hates the Drongos. Good win Parra!

T.S Quint

Coach
Very understated HJ. Personally, I loved it!

Not only was it entertaining football, but I really enjoyed watching the Drongos go down in front of their home fans.

In fact, I enjoyed that more than I did watching the Tigers humble an arrogant Souff$ earlier this year.

I'm not an Eels supporter, but I think the NRL is healthier with a strong blue & gold.

And everybody hates the Drongos. Good win Parra!

You should be.

We're awesome. :D

Dutchy

Immortal
He has stabilised that entire right side, i am so impressed. Never gets caught out of position and seems very solid defending kicks and collecting lose balls.

When Hoppa and Tony Williams were still at Manly. They done a bomb catching play drill at training. T-Rex monster bombs with Hoppa catching. The deal was Hoppa had to hold onto all the balls, together.

I'm pretty sure Hoppa got up to holding 6 balls at once before dropping one.

f**k you guys.

Chipmunk

Coach
This attack is Parraball.

A little bit more polishing and you can see shades of 2001, 2005, 2009.

What I like about Ba is that his gameplans is based on the strengths of his players.

Not SK trying to change them to Melbourne or Ricky doing bugger all.

This is exactly what we have needed. I have long been an opponent of the way the coaches have tried to fit the player into their own game plan.

Chipmunk

Coach
You know what?

Manly, Penrith and Broncs have been playing quite well but against us, they looked pedestrian.

I actually said at the time that Manly looked very ordinary and disinterested when we played them. Perhaps in hindsight it was Parra who made them look this way. We have certainly performed pretty well the last 3 weeks.

Dutchy

Immortal
Age this year:

26 Hayne
22 Radradra
22 Hopoate
31 Tonga
24 Sio
23 Norman
25 Sandow
26 Mannah
24 Peats
23 Terepo
25 Edwards
26 Ma'u
26 Paulo
25 Allgood
29 Gower
20 Pauli
21 Paulo

Average age 24.6

25 Barba
24 Vidot
26 Reed
23 Copley
22 Maranta
26 Hoffman
24 Hunt
24 McGuire
24 McCullough
32 Parker
26 Glenn
29 Thaiday
26 Gillett
32 Hodges
25 Kennedy
31 Lowrie
30 Hannant

Average age 26.4

So we were almost two years younger per man than the Broncos. I couldn't be bothered working out who is the oldest side in the comp, but I suspect it is Manly. The youngest this weekend is probably us.

Hiku - 21
Blair - 22
Lyon - 32
Matai - 29
Williams - 27
Foran - 23
DCE - 25
Lawrence - 29
Ballin - 30
Starling - 23
Watmough - 30
Horo - 27
Stewart - 30

Buhrer - 24
King - 33
Hasson - 21
Lui - 24

26.4 for Manly also.

T.S Quint

Coach
When Hoppa and Tony Williams were still at Manly. They done a bomb catching play drill at training. T-Rex monster bombs with Hoppa catching. The deal was Hoppa had to hold onto all the balls, together.

f**k you guys.

:shock:

:D

eel01s

Bench
What an impressive performance by the forwards! They more than held their own against a good Broncos pack, and made very good metres most sets. Once your forwards do their job, it is so much easier for the halves to set up the attack.

I was most happy with how we never gave up, and came back from behind twice to go on and win. Fantastic effort.

Gee we will be hard to stop if we cut down on our mistakes.

lingard

Coach
I'm a bit worried about Joely. Last we heard he was getting himself pumped for the game. Hope he's alright.

T.S Quint

Coach
We have to do something about our defence in the middle of the field and at marker.
Broncos were able to come out of their own end easily all night.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

f**k you guys.

That's impressive.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It was also good to see last night that Arthur has the side working on plays to get hayne into positions where he can use his running game, rather then Hayne being responsible for setting up plays.

If we can keep our break line fit, gee they are going to be very dangerous once they get a few games together. It is potentially the best eels back lines I have seen ( was to young to remember the early 80's)