What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Broncos

Pazza

First Grade
True, but attitude is everything. You need to fear and loath hating at this level. Trust me, it rubs off no matter how good you are.

Mannah has an amazing attitude, he is a Cayless type of player and he's actions speak!

Mickyd39

Juniors
after our last two performances it would be great to get a full house against the rorters next week and hopefully get some revenge.

Thats was a joy to watch tonight, even when we got behind i always felt confident that we would hit back and win. I haven't felt that way since our run in 2009.

Pazza

First Grade
Hopoate i thought that was his best game. His defence is great

He has stabilised that entire right side, i am so impressed. Never gets caught out of position and seems very solid defending kicks and collecting lose balls.

Avenger

Immortal
He has stabilised that entire right side, i am so impressed. Never gets caught out of position and seems very solid defending kicks and collecting lose balls.

It's because he is f**king class. What a player!!!!

natheel

Coach

he is a class player. He may not be setting the NRL alight yet but he's definitely not far off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
its a great day to be a parra fan good to see the blue and gold flying in enemy territory
i hope you all gave it to the broncos fans after the game
I tried mate but after Chrissys FG they couldn't wait to get to the exit :lol:

Awesome night twice we got behind and twice we fought back to win.

Hats off to BA, he has done a brilliant job. Ricky leaving was the best thing that has happened to this club since Jack Gibson ;-)

We keep our young pack together we will be contenders for years to come.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra play exciting footy.Its enjoyable to watch.To think we almost had Manly beat as well.
At the start of the season I feared we could be 0/6.Didnt give us much chance against the two GF teams. And Warriors-Penrith and Broncos away are tough games.
Our draw gets a little easier after rnd 6.

Mau realy is a beast of a player.Edwards is slowly finding his feet too.And peats!

jk13

First Grade
Just watching the replay now. Dam sandow, u starting to meet your payments

TheRam

Coach
Mannah has an amazing attitude, he is a Cayless type of player and he's actions speak!

And how many grand finals did we win with Cayless? Both class players, yes, leaders??? Only to a point.

If I could, I'd give the captaincy to Peats. Now he look like a leader to me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Junior Paulo I love this kid, Fui and B Smith may have played their last games for Parra.

How young was the side tonight??? We will only get better IMO as the season goes on. So many stars out there tonight where to start.

Peats is without a doubt buy of the season.

We were awesome today! Hoppa seems to be coming along, Sandow has finally clicked, Ranrandra is a gem and Peats is absolute quality.

Who actually got MoM today? and has anyone heard about Jacob Loko?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And how many grand finals did we win with Cayless? Both class players, yes, leaders??? Only to a point.

Agree on all points.

Tim Mannah is a good first grader, with a great attitude. But I don't think he inspires anyone.

And Peats absolutely looks and sounds like a leader, the staunch little merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How young was the side tonight???

Age this year:

26 Hayne
22 Radradra
22 Hopoate
31 Tonga
24 Sio
23 Norman
25 Sandow
26 Mannah
24 Peats
23 Terepo
25 Edwards
26 Ma'u
26 Paulo
25 Allgood
29 Gower
20 Pauli
21 Paulo

Average age 24.6

25 Barba
24 Vidot
26 Reed
23 Copley
22 Maranta
26 Hoffman
24 Hunt
24 McGuire
24 McCullough
32 Parker
26 Glenn
29 Thaiday
26 Gillett
32 Hodges
25 Kennedy
31 Lowrie
30 Hannant

Average age 26.4

So we were almost two years younger per man than the Broncos. I couldn't be bothered working out who is the oldest side in the comp, but I suspect it is Manly. The youngest this weekend is probably us.

Eels Dude

Coach

To be fair for the majority of the time Cayless was at the club we were competitive and a premiership force for most of them. It was the first year after he left that he became an absolute rabble. I don't think he would have held the captaincy for nearly 10 years here under a bunch of different coaches, as well as the Kiwis as well. Now I'll shut up cause I'm sounding like Poupou defending Kearney.

Watching the press conferences I've been very impressed by the way both Arthur and Mannah speak, they seem to be level headed and know what they're talking about for a change. If anyone hasn't seen them from the past few weeks check them out... It really does seem like everyone at the club is on the same page for the first time in a long time.

oldmancraigy

Coach

And he's still got a yard of pace to come back, and a bit of 'explosiveness' off the mark.

He puts his little jinks on, and gets caught on them at the moment. In 10 rounds he'll be past people.

Makes a massive difference having him and a vet like Tonga defending 2nd in on each side.

Latest posts