What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
Dany would be only a marginally better ruler than Joffrey. She bleats about being all justice and shit, but she's basically a surly child.

She'd probably actually be worse. She'd want to make all the decisions herself instead of letting (in Joffrey's case) Tyrion and Tywin do everything.

Her 'rule' of Meereen was terrible.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Alright
The poison was in Sansa's necklace. One scene has the Queen of Thorns speaking to Sansa at the wedding and 'adjusting' the necklace with slight of hand. Afterwards you can see a bead from the necklace is missing. She put the poison in the cup when Joffrey put it down in front of her and spoke to the crowd.

Why the change from the hair net, do you think?

mackdadday

Juniors
Early times but the tommen i saw was not the namby-pamby, kitten loving, stupid, little fat kid i envisioned at this stage in the story.

Also tyrius and shaes break up conversation paints shae a lot more nicely then i would have liked knowing whats to come

God-King Dean

Immortal
Given he has basically become Edric Storm, I assume he'll follow that storyline from here on out.

GRRM basically forgot Gendry in the books anyway.

IMO there's characters in ASOIAF where GRRM has bitten off more than he can chew, & I think Gendry is one of them. I think he'll create something for him, just to justify the character, but I don't see the point of him. It's not like he can become king or anything.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Pretty chuffed with Bron taking over the role of Ser Ilyn Payne from the books. The future banter and sparing between these two will be epic lol.

Was pretty let down how Bron just seemingly rode off into the sun set. Though hoping he makes a comeback somewhere in the future.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Alright
The poison was in Sansa's necklace. One scene has the Queen of Thorns speaking to Sansa at the wedding and 'adjusting' the necklace with slight of hand. Afterwards you can see a bead from the necklace is missing. She put the poison in the cup when Joffrey put it down in front of her and spoke to the crowd.

I couldn't help myself and had to look.

But, in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, GRRM has hinted that there might be other accomplices as well which haven't been revealed yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Early times but the tommen i saw was not the namby-pamby, kitten loving, stupid, little fat kid i envisioned at this stage in the story.

Agreed. Definitely seems a more mature and somber lad.

Also tyrius and shaes break up conversation paints shae a lot more nicely then i would have liked knowing whats to come

Does give more justification for what comes down the line. Bitter ex and all that.

Haffa

Pretty chuffed with Bron taking over the role of Ser Ilyn Payne from the books. The future banter and sparing between these two will be epic lol.

It's sad though that Wilko Johnson (legendary guitarist - YouTube him) who plays Ser Ilyn can't keep going as he has pancreatic cancer.

Springs

First Grade
Does give more justification for what comes down the line. Bitter ex and all that.

I would honestly prefer what she did in the book if
her justification for condemning Tyrion to death is being a bitter ex. Considering they have tried to paint her and Tyrion as an honest, loving couple rather than a smitten dwarf and a sarcastic, greedy whore any resolution they have is going to be forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts