What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Tyrion should've kneeled before Zod

The first Joffrey cough happened when the midgets were fighting, Tywin and Cersei saw it. f**k I hate Cersei

The exchange between Oberyn and the Lannisters was awesome. One veiled insult after another

Episode 3 promo
[youtube]KnmQuycZ-Lc[/youtube]

Springs

First Grade
That was pretty good. I doubt Shae is gone for good but god I wish so.
Interesting that they have a major Dance with Dragons plotline in place already (Ramsay to Moat Cailin).

Joffrey added so much to this show. Who will take his place now. Probably the worst character you could kill off

Ramsay. A far better and smarter villain. As is Roose Bolton.
Never saw what was so good about Joffrey. Just gave everyone someone to hate. There was no way he was not going to be killed off. He had nowhere to go as a character.

Can't wait to see them do that in the show.

Probably will be the one time they don't use it. There's probably some clause in the contract.

I don't know where they are going with Margaery in the next episode. 'But I would have been Queen!' She seemed to have knowledge before hand in the book, and she definitely knew in the series from conversations with Sansa that she was going to be beaten and raped.

Game_Breaker

Coach
So who's the king now? Joffrey's little brother?

If so, and as a non-book reader my instincts tell me Cersei poisoned Joffrey. Firstly, that will put her other son on the throne and he'll be easier to control. Secondly, she ends up being Queen regnant again for the time being before her second son gets married. Thirdly, she conveniently blames it on Tyrion who she hates.

My other theory is Oberyn, but I could be way off on both.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I've read plenty of book spoilers already so knew it was coming but it was awesome nonetheless.

Hopefully they kill off whoreface of a woman Cersei in the books soon. HE KILLED MY SON!!! Shut the f**k up.

I've never understood why everyone hated Joffrey so intensely, yet Cersei gets off fairly mildly. She's an inbreeder (which apparently isn't good for the frontal lobe of the brain), & fed him this Lannister elitist attitude.

Everything that Joffrey is, is just a shadow of what Cersei. She's the biggest villian in GOT IMO.

But I love to hate her.

Unlike Daenerys, who I just hate. It looks like she features heavily in ep.3, so I might not watch it.

Seriously though....... f**k Daenerys.

Springs

First Grade
So who's the king now? Joffrey's little brother?

If so, and as a non-book reader my instincts tell me Cersei poisoned Joffrey. Firstly, that will put her other son on the throne and he'll be easier to control. Secondly, she ends up being Queen regnant again for the time being before her second son gets married. Thirdly, she conveniently blames it on Tyrion who she hates.

My other theory is Oberyn, but I could be way off on both.

Do you want answers to those?

Hint: parts of the act were seen in the episode, but hidden very well.

Seriously though....... f**k Daenerys

Looks like more 'super badass' conquering.

I've always hated Cersei much more than Joffrey. She is given some more 'sympathetic' scenes in the show but she's f**ked in either version. She also loses some of her more despicable acts (like ordering the death of Robert's bastards) to Joffrey in the show.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Looks like more 'super badass' conquering.

I've always hated Cersei much more than Joffrey. She is given some more 'sympathetic' scenes in the show but she's f**ked in either version. She also loses some of her more despicable acts (like ordering the death of Robert's bastards) to Joffrey in the show.

Springs, you truly are a man after my own heart.

As I've said, Cersei is my most hated character. And it really bugs me that in the show, they've tried to make her more sympathetic to the audience. And it detracts from what a cruel, deluded, egotistical, sociopath that she is.

And Daenerys is a merkin.

Springs

First Grade
Why the hate for daenerys?

People don't like her because:
- She's arrogant and smug
- She's stupid as hell
- She's whiny and over-dramatic (see second half of season 2)
- She's a teenage girl (13-14) in the book so in the show she seems like a woman in her mid-20s acting like a 13 year old.
- Book 5

Tommy Smith

Referee
Gutted the Joff is dead!

He was a such a merkin ... and shows like this are best when they have the most merkin villains.

There's still no shortage of them, and the show still has an array of brilliant characters to drive it forward with ease, but it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Its never anything but interesting!

Springs

First Grade
A couple of other things:
- In Bran's vision there was a quick shot of King's Landing under the shadow of a dragon.
- Jaime's rant to Loras didn't really make sense. Cersei was married before and it didn't stop him, plus he knows Loras is gay and wouldn't want to marry her anyway.

PJ

First Grade
Jaime's rant to Loras didn't really make sense. Cersei was married before and it didn't stop him, plus he knows Loras is gay and wouldn't want to marry her anyway.

Hadn't Cersei knocked him back recently? May be playing on his mind.

On the earlier hints in the show re Joff's demise anyone care elaborate? I missed them and probably won't get to rewatch.

For thr record I think it was the granny of the bride

God-King Dean

Immortal
People don't like her because:
- She's arrogant and smug
- She's stupid as hell
- She's whiny and over-dramatic (see second half of season 2)
- She's a teenage girl (13-14) in the book so in the show she seems like a woman in her mid-20s acting like a 13 year old.
- Book 5

-ordering Unsullied to slaughter anyone over the age of 12 at Yunkai, without trial or proof of guilt, or even knowing the people she was ordering killed
-the shit that happens at Meereen which we can't go into yet for spoilers
-the series has given Daenerys credit for fooling the Yunkai slavers by pretending not to know the Valyrian language, when in the books it was Selmy's idea
-the only reason people follow her is because she has dragons, which were handed to her, not earned
-And smug. So much smug. "I will do what queens do. I will ruuuuuuullllle." merkin

f**k, I could go all day.

Chook

First Grade
-ordering Unsullied to slaughter anyone over the age of 12 at Yunkai, without trial or proof of guilt, or even knowing the people she was ordering killed
-the shit that happens at Meereen which we can't go into yet for spoilers
-the series has given Daenerys credit for fooling the Yunkai slavers by pretending not to know the Valyrian language, when in the books it was Selmy's idea
-the only reason people follow her is because she has dragons, which were handed to her, not earned
-And smug. So much smug. "I will do what queens do. I will ruuuuuuullllle." merkin

f**k, I could go all day.

I like her. Locking the fat dude and her handmaiden in the vault was pure malevolence. A required trait in medieval rulers.

Chook.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dany would be only a marginally better ruler than Joffrey. She bleats about being all justice and shit, but she's basically a surly child.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think the line from Lady Olena to Sansa "...but to murder a man at a wedding, what sort of monster would do that" when referring to Robb's demise leads to me think it was her.

Springs

First Grade
Hadn't Cersei knocked him back recently? May be playing on his mind.

On the earlier hints in the show re Joff's demise anyone care elaborate? I missed them and probably won't get to rewatch.

For thr record I think it was the granny of the bride

Alright
The poison was in Sansa's necklace. One scene has the Queen of Thorns speaking to Sansa at the wedding and 'adjusting' the necklace with slight of hand. Afterwards you can see a bead from the necklace is missing. She put the poison in the cup when Joffrey put it down in front of her and spoke to the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.